Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Newbie ongoing advice sought

Forum Newbie
    View bitternloco's Feedback (+11)
    All-About bitternloco
    View bitternloco's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newbie ongoing advice sought

Hi again.Sorry about the delay in getting back to you - I had to take a break and go for a lie down for a while in a dark room (only kidding!!).

I have had another go at this and having followed your instructions step by step I think I have got there! I am eternally grateful for your assistance.There is clearly a lot of stuff on ebid which does not appear on that other site and it will take me a while to familiarise myself with all these new features.I will take your advice and have a look at other people's posts to see how they do things and no doubt I will pick up some good ideas.

Thanks again.Your help has been invaluable.

Cheers.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bitternloco View Post
    ... I think I have got there!.....
    Not quite. You need to change the link to this one.
    Code:
    http://rock-and-roll-heaven-singles-eps-lps.ebid.net/

View mcc1146's Feedback (+226)
    All-About mcc1146
    View mcc1146's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi again.Sorry about the delay in getting back to you - I had to take a break and go for a lie down for a while in a dark room (only kidding!!).

I have had another go at this and having followed your instructions step by step I think I have got there! I am eternally grateful for your assistance.There is clearly a lot of stuff on ebid which does not appear on that other site and it will take me a while to familiarise myself with all these new features.I will take your advice and have a look at other people's posts to see how they do things and no doubt I will pick up some good ideas.

Thanks again.Your help has been invaluable.

Cheers.
    Hi there,

After you get some rest you need to tweek your link address- as your logo and text wording are both re directing us to a place that is not the store.
    You are close. Your logo is redirecting .... just not where you want it to.

This means that the link you copied/used is not your store link. Please see the link below.

http://rock-and-roll-heaven-singles-eps-lps.ebid.net

Take your link and get back into the forums signature creation area as before...
    Open up that sigpic sigpic area again, and by holding left mouse key down while dragging your cursor to highlight that sig text, then (once it is highlighted) press the earth- with- chain- link (above.) Now remove the bad link address completely, and then replace it with your unique store link address.

With this correct link address, in the URL box line, then press OK. Now press SAVE. Test it out.

I would also now delete the extra link in your signature line. Now that the logo works you shouldn't need both. Duplication without benefit. Yes, you can add normal text and say words of invitation if you like.
    Just remember to press Save after each change in the edit signature area we were working in.
    Last edited by mcc1146; 3rd March 2014 at 11:49 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View bitternloco's Feedback (+11)
    All-About bitternloco
    View bitternloco's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi again.I'm not very good at this am I?

I've had another go.The link you gave me was what I thought was the correct address of my store,but obviously not.I'm not sure that I've done it right although the store address has altered so it might be OK.It's late now though,past midnight and time for bed here in the UK.

I'll try again tomorrow.I can only get better at this,I hope!! Good night everybody.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had another go.The link you gave me was what I thought was the correct address of my store,but obviously not.
    I have added a section on store URLs to the Knowledge Base, see if that helps: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0039

Forum Newbie
    View mclinhaven's Feedback (+449)
    All-About mclinhaven
    View mclinhaven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    Just another newbie. Can you tell how or where I can find out how to get my inventory file from home base to eBid's ninja lister? I have gotten my eBay listings into the ninja lister and I'm just going over them before I upload to the listings. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards mclin haven

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mclinhaven View Post
    Hello,
    Just another newbie. Can you tell how or where I can find out how to get my inventory file from home base to eBid's ninja lister? I have gotten my eBay listings into the ninja lister and I'm just going over them before I upload to the listings. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards mclin haven
    You had a reply from eBid on one of your other posts.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...ith-ebid/page2
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Newbie
    View mclinhaven's Feedback (+449)
    All-About mclinhaven
    View mclinhaven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    Thank you. I've got my home base inventory in the ninja lister. Now what do I do? I see accept offers is empty as is all shipping lines as is payment methods. Do I upload? is there a bulk edit after all the inventory is uploaded? what about uploading photos? can I use filezilla to upload many zip files with photos and will eBid sort and match? photos are all matched to inventory numbers.
    Regards mclin haven

Thread Information