Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Android eBid app :)

Quote Originally Posted by s88c View Post
    woohoo, because of this app, im now a proud member of ebid
    Hopefully this will be commonplace in the near future.
    Great to hear that you've found the site.....the next step is become a regular seller.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Gill, even if you never ever use the apps you will still find them incredibly useful . I probably wouldn't be far wrong if I said that at least 20% of your eBid visitors last year were using mobile/tablet devices. Going forward you now have the potential to sell to these visitors.

For me the apps are the biggest and most important site update ever.
    I have to laugh Dean. How can I find an app incredible useful when I don't even understand what it's meant to do other than give me access to eBid while I'm 'on the go'? LOL

Surely people with mobiles that have these apps see exactly the same as any potential buyer does with a PC and why would this app give me the potential to sell to these visitors?

I mean, why would I want to access my eBid while I'm walking Murphy? What could I do 'on the go' that couldn't wait until I got home?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

The important thing to take account of when thinking about how people use their mobile devices is that they will be online at times when they wouldn't probably normally be. Its easier to browse while lying around the house while using a Tablet or decent smart phone.
    Don't forget that Tablets and obviously mobile phones are go anywhere devices...the people where i work often browse online stores during their breaks....i've noticed many people scanning their mobile phones while out browsing in shops, and making price comparisons with online merchants....i believe that this is called "showrooming".

Even if you don't intend to make use of Ebid's mobile app you'll still as an Ebid seller see benefits due to its existence., this will be due to the wider buyer base who will inevitably find their way over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I have to laugh Dean. How can I find an app incredible useful when I don't even understand what it's meant to do other than give me access to eBid while I'm 'on the go'? LOL

Surely people with mobiles that have these apps see exactly the same as any potential buyer does with a PC and why would this app give me the potential to sell to these visitors?

I mean, why would I want to access my eBid while I'm walking Murphy? What could I do 'on the go' that couldn't wait until I got home?

I think you are missing my point slightly... useful because there would have been a large percentage of visitors to your shop last year who were unable to buy. Now they can - and that to any seller is particularly useful. So whilst you may never use the app - it will be useful to you in terms of potential/actual sales.

In your case (and mine at the moment) it is not what we can do with the app but what the app can do for us.

(Murphy would agree )

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post

all those people with their smart phones on the bus/train/tram can now buy from you and the rest of us while they are making their journey, and an increasing number of people are buying in this way.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I think you are missing my point slightly... useful because there would have been a large percentage of visitors to your shop last year who were unable to buy. Now they can - and that to any seller is particularly useful. So whilst you may never use the app - it will be useful to you in terms of potential/actual sales.

In your case (and mine at the moment) it is not what we can do with the app but what the app can do for us.

(Murphy would agree )
    NOW I understand Dean, Thank you.

PS - Murphy agrees with most things as long as there's a gravy bone attached to it!
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

The android app no longer requires access to our contacts, but can anyone tell me why it still needs to access our microphone & can turn it on at anytime without alerting us.
    That still has me not wanting to install the app.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    The android app no longer requires access to our contacts, but can anyone tell me why it still needs to access our microphone & can turn it on at anytime without alerting us.
    That still has me not wanting to install the app.
    Hamsters do get bored easily.

Thread Information