eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Android eBid app :)

Default Re: Android eBid app :)

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    It's nothing to worry about, it's just normal just that google Android say, they do not access your webcam or microphone at all and they do not have any access to your contacts.
    craig it is not normal as other apps i installed do not require those access, i look at all rights an app requires before installing as I am very protective of what i install on my phone & computer.

No good for me

seems it's not compatible with my galaxy ace, and yes I have a better version than 4.0 ice cream sandwich

Name:  noapp.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  24.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    craig it is not normal as other apps i installed do not require those access, i look at all rights an app requires before installing as I am very protective of what i install on my phone & computer.
    I installed it on my android app and agreed with the terms including those of using my cam and mic, I assume the usage of using your cam is to do when you list something, as for my contacts, well I've not been told by any that they've been spammed with messages from eBid, maybe Gazza or someone from eBid could enlighten us
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    It is no more normal than requiring buyers to provide electric and phone bill details, before being allowed to buy. I did not read the details, but are you serious that it stated they "have right to delete contacts"?

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    It is no more normal than requiring buyers to provide electric and phone bill details, before being allowed to buy. I did not read the details, but are you serious that it stated they "have right to delete contacts"?
    Yes on android devices when you click to install the app you then see what permissions you must grant the app & have to accept before installing.
    Here is a list you must accept in order to install the eBid app., some i can see why they need permission but there are several i can not understand why they need access.

Storage
    Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage: allows the app to write to the usb storage

Microphone
    record audio: allows the app to record audio with the microphone. This permission allows the app to record audio at any time without your confirmation.

Your location

Phone calls
    Read phone status and identity: allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permissin allows the app to determine the phone number and device ids, whether a call is active, the remote number connected by a call.

Reading interaction info
    Modify your contacts: allows the app to modify the data about your contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific contacts. This permission allows apps to delete contact data.

Read your contacts: allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your phone, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.

Networks communication
    Full network access: allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.

Audio settings
    Change your audio settings: allows the app to modify global audio settings such as volume and which speaker is used for output.

System tools
    Test access to protected storage: allows the app to test a permission for usb storage that will be available on future devices.

Affects battery
    Control vibration: allows the app to control the vibrator.

Network communication
    View network connections: allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.

Your accounts
    Find accounts on the device: allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the phone. This may include any accounts created by applications you have installed.
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 24th February 2014 at 05:16 AM.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for the information. Would think the Apple App contains different terms for usage.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

A new version will be available shortly with less permission requirements.

G.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

G.
    Thanks for the update Gazza

G.
    Suitable for the galaxy ace????

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

G.
    Thank you for update. eBid has the best and most responsive management in cyber space.

Thread Information