Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tweeting forums

Default Re: Tweeting forums

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Where? I can't see the facebook share on the forums

Attachment 44103

It's how Dean say's, lets say for instance on these threads "WANTED" and "PLUG YOUR AUCTIONS" for instance you plug one of your items and say Joe Bloggs thinks oh I know who'd like that they post it on their facebook/twitter page for someone else to see, that person then promotes your item, which in turn then brings a viewer over to eBid, who in turn may end up buying from you and maybe someone else.

With the "WANTED" thread the same could happen, lets say in this instance that you're in need of a size 16 set of needles, but nobody has them on here, but a seller on **ay does, so again Mr Smith then Facebook/tweets your item, that person on **ay see's the item on facebook/twitter clicks the link registers then pulls the listing from **ay to place on eBid just for you.

This then works out best for eBid and all buyers and sellers
    yes craig I am not stupid I can see that, but what about when a slanging match erupts, do you want that faced or tweeted, do we want threads tweeted where people start going on about no buyers, no sales no traffic, its a rip off, I think not and its bound to happen and you will not be able to remove the posts if its on their own facebook etc account. Just a thought, anyway i will now be careful what i post in future if I do.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    yes craig I am not stupid I can see that, but what about when a slanging match erupts, do you want that faced or tweeted, do we want threads tweeted where people start going on about no buyers, no sales no traffic, its a rip off, I think not and its bound to happen and you will not be able to remove the posts if its on their own facebook etc account. Just a thought, anyway i will now be careful what i post in future if I do.
    I can see it would work for "Plug your auction" and for "Wanted".
    I think I am less likely to participate in other forum threads. I do not think that it is right for someone to tweet or put on facebook something I have written without my permission. Deliberately, I refuse to join Twitter or Facebook because I don't want to be quoted so definitely do not want to participate in a secondhand manner.

Quote Originally Posted by eBidSocial View Post
    @craig7501
    Thanks Dean, Unfortunately I have no facebook showing on mine, maybe it's my laptop I'm using chrome and windows 8.1
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I can see it would work for "Plug your auction" and for "Wanted".
    I think I am less likely to participate in other forum threads. I do not think that it is right for someone to tweet or put on facebook something I have written without my permission. Deliberately, I refuse to join Twitter or Facebook because I don't want to be quoted so definitely do not want to participate in a secondhand manner.
    I'm with you and Buttons on this; I tend to forget that anyone can just wander in here and read these posts but having the contents broadcast on FB and Twitter by just anyone does not seem at all right or even ethical?
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't, at the moment, imagine a use other than the wanted, or the newsletter type of posts being posted on FB or elsewhere. Whether or not we think it is a good idea, reality is, that once you make a post here on the forums, or elsewhere online, it is out in the world. period. Can't take it back.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Sorry Buttons, I didn't mean you no harm and I apologize if I did.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm unsure why this "feature" has been added, and secondly why its even worth debating. The reason for my lack of enthusiasm stems from the large amount of threads that seem to vanish into thin air on this forum.....so.....will there be anything worth tweeting or putting onto facebook?., and even it there is, what is the likelihood of it remaining viewable?.

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Sorry Buttons, I didn't mean you no harm and I apologize if I did.
    You said nothing to apologize for hunny, was just sayin I am not stupid but then again

Thread Information