Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Googled Ebid and was amazed

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Googled Ebid and was amazed

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    No, I didn't see it. URL or other way of finding it would be good.
    It doesn't exist on the site anymore. It vanished quickly after it was pointed out it was effectively blackmail.

There is a record though at: http://web.archive.org/web/201304300...tp://ebid.com/

This was the thread at the time: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...tp-uk-ebid-com

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    It doesn't exist on the site anymore. It vanished quickly after it was pointed out it was effectively blackmail.

There is a record though at: http://web.archive.org/web/201304300...tp://ebid.com/

This was the thread at the time: http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...tp-uk-ebid-com
    Thanks Mel. Interesting, what a rant! I fell asleep halfway through. When will Americans learn that saying the same thing over and over in various different ways, all OTT, isn't a sales pitch that many Brits fall for? Then I followed the privacy link at the bottom and found the guy's email address. mr800king at aol.com. AOL??? OMG! Doesn't Mr 800 King know the ridicule that AOL users garner?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Americans will never learn. They should be banned from eBid.net. Had no idea an American owned the do com. I never explored the sight much after reading a few ridiculous comments about eBid and G and M by the owner. Will not be looking at the links, read all I needed from owner.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Americans will never learn. They should be banned from eBid.net. Had no idea an American owned the do com. I never explored the sight much after reading a few ridiculous comments about eBid and G and M by the owner. Will not be looking at the links, read all I needed from owner.
    And you wonder why eBid cant take off in the US? Pretty strong statements about Americans. I can be the first on the ban list. New Jersey? Last I knew that was American soil.

Quote Originally Posted by wlcenterprises View Post
    And you wonder why eBid cant take off in the US? Pretty strong statements about Americans. I can be the first on the ban list. New Jersey? Last I knew that was American soil.
    Had you considered that Burgey might have been trying out his new irony implant?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Had you considered that Burgey might have been trying out his new irony implant?
    Twas indeed.......... :-)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wlcenterprises View Post
    Yes Kentucky.........I'm on American soil and very proud of it. I love your Avatar. Please excuse my humor, but it is one of the things I like about eBid.......I can usually express it....... :-)

The cost to own eBid dot com is minimal. I pay 10 dollars a year to own my domain name. With so many free sub-hosting sites, it's not too expensive to put up a page. I thought I would Google it as I've done mine, just to see how many eBid's there could be. Besides here and the com, there a several other sites using eBid in their names and or URL's. From private businesses to Government agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    The cost to own eBid dot com is minimal. I pay 10 dollars a year to own my domain name. With so many free sub-hosting sites, it's not too expensive to put up a page. I thought I would Google it as I've done mine, just to see how many eBid's there could be. Besides here and the com, there a several other sites using eBid in their names and or URL's. From private businesses to Government agencies.
    To own ebid.com would have been minimal - if it had not already been taken. As it is it would cost a fortune to meet the asking price, with the threat of more blackmail later. The same is probably true of the other ebids already being used. But I would hope that eBid have taken on any unused ebid domains for the future.

That's why the owner of the com won't sell. He's got something that doesn't cost much and someone else either wants it or can use it. If he's making money its through ads as much as I can tell. For the word blackmail is a little harsh. He bought the domain before this site started up on the net. What would everyone think if someone else paid his asking price for the domain? eBid is a business name used by many just like the Copper Locker. If eBid wants the com, then they'll have to pay for it. That's if the owner is willing. Business can be ugly sometimes and that's the facts of it.

Thread Information