eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Whats the secert to This place

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    OH and BTW they are rare because of the Ruby color hue.
    OK are you kidding me!? I just went and rechecked! There are pieces for $25.00. 1 clear mug for the same! I have a full set of BEAUTIFUL RARE Ruby hue dishesware!!! $99 is a DEAL! So you don't know what you are saying or studying or what?
    Adding, Sorry if I was harsh as that is not who I am. Maybe they are common where you are. They are made in France and not common here. I don't know if you have heard of the Kardashians but they set trends and for them Black is where it's at. Many designers follow their lead. That also makes them desirable.
    I think you may find that most have a ruby hue colour when light is behind them and yours are standard issue. They are not rare - they are not uncommon in the states - they are not exactly popular or desirable either, all of that is very clear when looking at the market.

Your price is $129.99 for 24 pieces (6 sets). There is a listing which has been on the bay for long time - exactly the same set as yours but they only have 4 sets (16 pieces) this has gone unsold at $29.99. Most of the Arcoroc Octime wear doesn't sell anywhere.

So lets break down the bay unsold listing - works out at approx $7.50 per set. Your valuation of the same set here is over $21 for something that is not selling at $7.50.

Your bay selling record is almost non existent and with all the costs involved over there it is not exactly making you any money, the only time anything sells is when you slash the prices. Vastly over priced items in your eBid shop will lead to one thing - buyers knowing to avoid at all costs and never return.

You look around for reasons for no sales - why is it never your fault?

I have only seen the Amethyst color. Not non existent sales. I cma late to the game and am getting about a sale a day yet Zero here. Yes I have slashed prices everywhere. Baby boomers downsizing, recession and China I think have taken their tolls. Also you can find anything for practically nothing these days. I just had sale this morning and a feedback that says "The Best Customer Service I Have Ever Had Here". I strive for that. Must be doing something good. Never said it is never my fault. I don't think it is totally though, when I have worked so hard to change with suggestions and learning. Also, I am not the only one having this issue. I hope it improves. For now I must spend my time over there where there is some action. Have a nice Day Wishing you sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I think you may find that most have a ruby hue colour when light is behind them and yours are standard issue. They are not rare - they are not uncommon in the states - they are not exactly popular or desirable either, all of that is very clear when looking at the market.

Your price is $129.99 for 24 pieces (6 sets). There is a listing which has been on the bay for long time - exactly the same set as yours but they only have 4 sets (16 pieces) this has gone unsold at $29.99. Most of the Arcoroc Octime wear doesn't sell anywhere.

So lets break down the bay unsold listing - works out at approx $7.50 per set. Your valuation of the same set here is over $21 for something that is not selling at $7.50.

Your bay selling record is almost non existent and with all the costs involved over there it is not exactly making you any money, the only time anything sells is when you slash the prices. Vastly over priced items in your eBid shop will lead to one thing - buyers knowing to avoid at all costs and never return.

You look around for reasons for no sales - why is it never your fault?

I have only seen the Amethyst color. Not non existent sales. I cma late to the game and am getting about a sale a day yet Zero here. Yes I have slashed prices everywhere. Baby boomers downsizing, recession and China I think have taken their tolls. Also you can find anything for practically nothing these days. I just had sale this morning and a feedback that says "The Best Customer Service I Have Ever Had Here". I strive for that. Must be doing something good. Never said it is never my fault. I don't think it is totally though, when I have worked so hard to change with suggestions and learning. Also, I am not the only one having this issue. I hope it improves. For now I must spend my time over there where there is some action. Have a nice Day Wishing you sales.
    Well you certainly are not getting a sale a day on the bay! That account has been heavily listed for a year - total feedback received is 20 and I have used a tracker on that account many times to see that very often you have gone weeks at a time without any sales. Yes you are getting slightly more sales now (but still not even close to 1 a day) but that is only because you have reduced the prices over on the bay whilst still initially leaving them higher or the same here. And the cost of unsold items is horrendous.

I don't have much (any) sympathy at all with your sales - damage done as far as I am concerned. With all the instances quoted to you on this and various other threads and you still don't understand.

Well, i think you're just mean. Post cards are probably easy to sell and you must be getting rich. So good for you! Once again it's not just me. I don't want or need your sympathy. My prices are fine. That's the only suggestion. Lower prices. They are as low as they are gonna go. How much does it take to sell a post card to collectors locally. Nothing. So I don't think you are all that smart about my items. You've been at it for years. I just started months ago. I have probably learned and done more in my short time than you, doing the same ol thing all these years.
    Well you certainly are not getting a sale a day on the bay! That account has been heavily listed for a year - total feedback received is 20 and I have used a tracker on that account many times to see that very often you have gone weeks at a time without any sales. Yes you are getting slightly more sales now (but still not even close to 1 a day) but that is only because you have reduced the prices over on the bay whilst still initially leaving them higher or the same here. And the cost of unsold items is horrendous.

I don't have much (any) sympathy at all with your sales - damage done as far as I am concerned. With all the instances quoted to you on this and various other threads and you still don't understand.

My prices are fine. That's the only suggestion. Lower prices. They are as low as they are gonna go.
    Well with products at 3 times the price they are not selling for on the bay and CD's that are attempting world record prices then I wonder what you keep complaining about no sales all the time for? You only damage yourself by doing this, any buyers looking at a lot of your items previously would be unlikely to come back - why would they?

No selling experience whatsoever is required to get an approximate market value by having a quick look around and seeing what the selling price is going for elsewhere.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well with products at 3 times the price they are not selling for on the bay and CD's that are attempting world record prices then I wonder what you keep complaining about no sales all the time for? You only damage yourself by doing this, any buyers looking at a lot of your items previously would be unlikely to come back - why would they?

No selling experience whatsoever is required to get an approximate market value by having a quick look around and seeing what the selling price is going for elsewhere.
    Based on everything I have read on this thread, ebideclectic's Blue Nordic Meakin salad plates (set of 6) should have flown off the shelf as they are sooo much cheaper then elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Based on everything I have read on this thread, ebideclectic's Blue Nordic Meakin salad plates (set of 6) should have flown off the shelf as they are sooo much cheaper then elsewhere.
    Well they went unsold on the bay - same product - same price - same seller.

But they do seem a good price, however if I was to take a look at the prices of their other stuff and see such a massive overprice then question marks would be raised on the perfectly good and reasonable products.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well they went unsold on the bay - same product - same price - same seller.

But they do seem a good price, however if I was to take a look at the prices of their other stuff and see such a massive overprice then question marks would be raised on the perfectly good and reasonable products.
    I was looking at items from several different sellers. Here @ $10.00 well under 50% lower. I will agree prices on the CDs are outrageous but then again looking at sold items here for the last 6 months (DVDs and CDs) they are ridiculously low. Looking at the DVDs being sold here it tells me not to get into that business because I would not be able to turn a profit at what they are selling for compared to the least expensive I could buy them for (wholesale, oddlots, shelf pulls returns or otherwise) so I would stay away. Looking beyond the lister in question other listings I don't see anything too far out of line if at all. Mind you I did not dig extremely deep but to take a few listings and expose "outrageous pricing" when other items might be in line with what they should be...well, I don't want to finish that.

Well, This was my answer to this same thing before...Maybe you missed it.I haven't bothered to adjust those or take them down which is maybe what I should do. They were a lot of work. I went to Amazon and averaged. That is how I came up with the prices. I do see that they are expensive compared to others now. I don't expect to sell them really. Music is sooooo cheap. Who is going to buy anything, for a price one needs to get after all is said and done. I also realize now, I can do the shipping free or less. I have run out of time. I think when I first posted them I was just learning and continue to. The .99 thing baffles me! Packing supplies,labels, emails, gas,time effort, what it cost or is worth etc. We all know what it takes and costs. I just haven't bothered with those. Took me forever to get them up to begin with. Plenty of other stuff is way below what it should be, so what are the reasons for those. I am not the only one. Just the one who keeps saying it. I will probably be punished for it too, in addition to what I get here. Maybe I am already and that's the issue. I just hope if it keeps being said things will change. For the better. If enough people chime in and say it, maybe someone will hear. The right someone and do something. Why is it no one says WOW that item is really inexpensive and great etc. It should have sold. Surely there is one out of the bunch. But that wouldn't be me then would it. It would have to be for some other undetermined reason, which is what the point is. I will find a new niche in my new home after I move. If I am still welcome? I will maybe try again. I like it here. I would like to succeed. But then I just wanted to sell my 25 yrs of belongings not start a biz. I am too sick to do the yard sale thing. I showed up to the auction online gig too late. Oh Well. Such is life. Everyone will be just fine selling so much as you do. I wish all of you ubar sellers continued success. Cyber hugs to you all I hope I find some dynamite item come back and sell like crazy. Have you ever checked the sold items under advanced search? Hmmmmm. Many more red Xs compared to barely any green. But I know...It's all me
    Before it's mentioned...I went and changed the Arcoroc price to higher after being dogged for what I thought was a good price. I would just rather keep them unless they sell for more. They are IMO Very Cool
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 14th February 2014 at 09:49 PM.

Thank You for the nice side of a discussion Adruml. Some people seem to get mean and some can debate respectively. I prefer the later so you are appreciated.

Thread Information