Thread: Whats the secert to This place

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Whats the secert to This place

If someone suggests that as far as this site is concerned there is something wrong then to be fair i believe what they say....after all, if you ensure that you have good visibility outside of the site...and by this i mean Google visibility, then everything should be fine, but don't forget that Ebid aren't now doing what they originally led us to believe they'd do, and a good few listings aren't being uploaded to Google shopping, also i've been looking at some of my own listings over the last couple of weeks and they appear to feature nowhere within the already mentioned search.
    In addition to this, when i take a look at Google's generic search i'm not seeing too many of listings appear within this as they did at one time.

Almost all of the buyer that i've dealt with have come to this site via Google search or Google shopping, at least this is what they told me, yet it stands to reason that due to Ebid not uploading so much as before then we can only see a drop in the number of new buyers.

I don't want to go off the main subject, but as Google shopping has become a paid for service then maybe Ebid could consider a two tier fvf system where we are guaranteed upload to this.....i don't know by how much the fee would be different , but if the return were greater sales then who'd complain?.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    If someone suggests that as far as this site is concerned there is something wrong then to be fair i believe what they say....after all, if you ensure that you have good visibility outside of the site...and by this i mean Google visibility, then everything should be fine, but don't forget that Ebid aren't now doing what they originally led us to believe they'd do, and a good few listings aren't being uploaded to Google shopping, also i've been looking at some of my own listings over the last couple of weeks and they appear to feature nowhere within the already mentioned search.
    In addition to this, when i take a look at Google's generic search i'm not seeing too many of listings appear within this as they did at one time.

Almost all of the buyer that i've dealt with have come to this site via Google search or Google shopping, at least this is what they told me, yet it stands to reason that due to Ebid not uploading so much as before then we can only see a drop in the number of new buyers.

I don't want to go off the main subject, but as Google shopping has become a paid for service then maybe Ebid could consider a two tier fvf system where we are guaranteed upload to this.....i don't know by how much the fee would be different , but if the return were greater sales then who'd complain?.
    eBid are still uploading to Google Shopping. It might be that Google have altered the algorithm and that is affecting the searches. Have checked a couple of mine and they still appear in good places. Will try to check a few more later.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've checked a couple of mine (Oral B toothbrush and toothbrush heads) and they're on page 1 (position 1 in the case of the replacement heads) of Froogle.

Still No Sales !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Still No Sales !!!
    Same answer as before.......

Unfortunately that is hardly surprising - the pricing strategy is as puzzling as ever.

You have The Judds Heartland CD - the cost is $24.99 + shipping.

Looking around the net these are the prices that cd has achieved in the last 2 months:

0.99 cents
    0.99 cents
    0.99 cents
    10.99 (free shipping)
    0.01 cents (seriously)
    1.99 cents
    The above is the sold prices and there are many more that didn't sell so it is hardly a popular product.

As a basic rule most people would wipe off the highest and lowest price and then find a happy medium price to be competitive.

I dare say that there maybe somebody out there who will pay $24.99 + $4.99 shipping, you just need to wait for them to be released, which could take a long time with all those straps and buckles.

The time to do research and get the pricing right is when you list the products at the start. Any previous potential buyers to your shops would likely never return because the pricing has been out of this world. You have not even attempted to build a customer base apart from one that knows not to return.

The reason you don't get any sales is down to you, it was right from the start and still is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Still No Sales !!!
    The first item I sampled was your Arcoroc Octime. $99? Are you incapable of using a search engine and seeing what the going rate is? It's not as though this stuff is rare and you have nothing to compare with.

Or do you imagine your prospective buyers are incapable of using search engines?

People here are generally very friendly and very forthcoming with helpful advice. But if you just keep saying "Still No Sales" and don't take up suggested improvements then it's hard to understand your game.

Presumably ebid have no way of deciding that items are ludicrously overpriced and will therefore upload such items to Google, costing money. So your daft overpricing is actually damaging the site.

Why are you unable to price realistically?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

When I priced I take the top and bottom and go with middle of all I find in searches. I love those dishes so if they don't sell it will be happy me who gets to keep them. Maybe things have changed in all the time I have had them up. There were no full sets. My things are usually nicer than others. I have sold a bunch of stuff recently for $5 that should be $20. But not here! People keep nit picking over one item or another. The point is that nothing sells cheap or expensive. NO SALES is accurate! Little ol me damaging the site.You give me that much credit, why not enough to know I have done many things to improve and taken every or most suggestions given. I'm not the only one! Just the one who says it! NO SALES STILL!
    OH and BTW they are rare because of the Ruby color hue.
    OK are you kidding me!? I just went and rechecked! There are pieces for $25.00. 1 clear mug for the same! I have a full set of BEAUTIFUL RARE Ruby hue dishesware!!! $99 is a DEAL! So you don't know what you are saying or studying or what?
    Adding, Sorry if I was harsh as that is not who I am. Maybe they are common where you are. They are made in France and not common here. I don't know if you have heard of the Kardashians but they set trends and for them Black is where it's at. Many designers follow their lead. That also makes them desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    The first item I sampled was your Arcoroc Octime. $99? Are you incapable of using a search engine and seeing what the going rate is? It's not as though this stuff is rare and you have nothing to compare with.

Or do you imagine your prospective buyers are incapable of using search engines?

People here are generally very friendly and very forthcoming with helpful advice. But if you just keep saying "Still No Sales" and don't take up suggested improvements then it's hard to understand your game.

Presumably ebid have no way of deciding that items are ludicrously overpriced and will therefore upload such items to Google, costing money. So your daft overpricing is actually damaging the site.

Why are you unable to price realistically?
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 14th February 2014 at 02:33 AM.

I haven't bothered to adjust those or take them down which is maybe what I should do. They were a lot of work. I went to Amazon and averaged. That is how I came up with the prices. I do see that they are expensive compared to others now. I don't expect to sell them really. Music is sooooo cheap. Who is going to buy anything, for a price one needs to get after all is said and done. I also realize now, I can do the shipping free or less. I have run out of time. I think when I first posted them I was just learning and continue to. The .99 thing baffles me! Packing supplies,labels, emails, gas,time effort, what it cost or is worth etc. We all know what it takes and costs. I just haven't bothered with those. Took me forever to get them up to begin with. Plenty of other stuff is way below what it should be, so what are the reasons for those. I am not the only one. Just the one who keeps saying it. I will probably be punished for it too, in addition to what I get here. Maybe I am already and that's the issue. I just hope if it keeps being said things will change. For the better. If enough people chime in and say it, maybe someone will hear. The right someone and do something. Why is it no one says WOW that item is really inexpensive and great etc. It should have sold. Surely there is one out of the bunch. But that wouldn't be me then would it. It would have to be for some other undetermined reason, which is what the point is. I will find a new niche in my new home after I move. If I am still welcome? I will maybe try again. I like it here. I would like to succeed. But then I just wanted to sell my 25 yrs of belongings not start a biz. I am too sick to do the yard sale thing. I showed up to the auction online gig too late. Oh Well. Such is life. Everyone will be just fine selling so much as you do. I wish all of you ubar sellers continued success. Cyber hugs to you all I hope I find some dynamite item come back and sell like crazy. Have you ever checked the sold items under advanced search? Hmmmmm. Many more red Xs compared to barely any green. But I know...It's all me
    Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Same answer as before.......

Unfortunately that is hardly surprising - the pricing strategy is as puzzling as ever.

You have The Judds Heartland CD - the cost is $24.99 + shipping.

Looking around the net these are the prices that cd has achieved in the last 2 months:

0.99 cents
    0.99 cents
    0.99 cents
    10.99 (free shipping)
    0.01 cents (seriously)
    1.99 cents
    The above is the sold prices and there are many more that didn't sell so it is hardly a popular product.

As a basic rule most people would wipe off the highest and lowest price and then find a happy medium price to be competitive.

I dare say that there maybe somebody out there who will pay $24.99 + $4.99 shipping, you just need to wait for them to be released, which could take a long time with all those straps and buckles.

The time to do research and get the pricing right is when you list the products at the start. Any previous potential buyers to your shops would likely never return because the pricing has been out of this world. You have not even attempted to build a customer base apart from one that knows not to return.

The reason you don't get any sales is down to you, it was right from the start and still is.

Maybe it is just as simple as trying to go from UK to US. Maybe that is a complicated thing? Breaking into a new country market? Do you think?

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I actually understand your frustration....i mean, if previously you've sold many items across another site, or indeed across more than one site , then it's certainly mind boggling to see no or very little in the way of sales activity over here.
    But....Why? is it the way that it is?
    Well, when thinking about E££y, its easy to forget that this is a site that almost every user automatically seeks, for goodness sake.... its so popular and well used that many have a short cut on their desktop.
    Ebid by comparison.......E......who?.....you'll be asked when you spread the word, no one has heard of the site and i'm sorry to say that many "potential" buyers don;t really seem to care, although with the higher prices that are creeping into the other site, this is changing slightly.
    I think that for most of us selling on this site is something that you have to view as a long term thing and so far instant success evades many.

Many people will tell you that Ebid is slow due to lack to buyers, but in simple terms i believe that it is the need of more sellers that is the key to this site growing....after all take a look at the number of empty listing categories over here.
    Would you open a shopping mall with two thirds of the stores still vacant and expect the buyers to flock there?.....of course not.

Thread Information