Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seller+ T-Shirt

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller+ T-Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    If you sign it with your username and the date you received the t-shirt (ie Fallen121 - 2000) it could become a trend when the next member wins and signs in the same manner.

I remember there was a signed tshirt traveling the world via YDC charity auctions couple years ago, I wonder what happened to it in the end?
    It is safely on display in the eBid Museum; among my other personal collectibles. That T-Shirt initiated by Quad and signed by a host of YDCers retired, with honorable mention in the eBid Newsletter. I believe it generated more donated funds during YDC events than any single item.

Well I think this is an excellent idea but I'd like to know what others think before I do it? The T-Shirt is located, cleaned and photographed, but if I am going to sign it might need to photograph it again hehehe!

Just a quick question for Mark. When exactly was the new t-shirt posted please? It's not yet arrived and things are getting pretty chilly!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    It is safely on display in the eBid Museum; among my other personal collectibles. That T-Shirt initiated by Quad and signed by a host of YDCers retired, with honorable mention in the eBid Newsletter. I believe it generated more donated funds during YDC events than any single item.
    I believe there was a second one, more recently.....I think Craig started it, I know I got it and signed it on the shoulder, and it went several places thereafter.........not sure where it is now....would be nice to have it resurrected and sent onward...
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I believe there was a second one, more recently.....I think Craig started it, I know I got it and signed it on the shoulder, and it went several places thereafter.........not sure where it is now....would be nice to have it resurrected and sent onward...
    That one is in the eBid Museum also. The Museum is located in a safe distance so I will not be tempted to place certain items up as listings. They are in the company of the Kitchen Table Quilt and Matching Wall Hanger.

I know what you mean about the prior traveling items...........I have often wondered about the traveling sargeant major with the huge array of international luggage. Wonder where she ended up.

P.S. Also have a used red logo t-shirt that was signed by Meebo and rumored of the possibility of signitures of 2 very well known people on eBid. Can't say for sure, can only confirm Meebo's siggy.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen121 View Post
    Well I think this is an excellent idea but I'd like to know what others think before I do it? The T-Shirt is located, cleaned and photographed, but if I am going to sign it might need to photograph it again hehehe!

Just a quick question for Mark. When exactly was the new t-shirt posted please? It's not yet arrived and things are getting pretty chilly!!
    Are you planning to list your t-shirt in the YDC this month? If so, needs to be up by February 24th (see official rules on the announcement thread). The eBid t-shirts usually take a long time to arrive. If you give me your size I will list one in YDC/ my charity shop. My items usually arrive internationally within 7-10 days.

In any event, hope you decide to get involved with YDC.

P.S. I think you should include up to 5 pictures of the shirt; including the one with no signature. Set your terms clearly concerning the t-shirt. See below description from one of many YDC listings I did on the Traveling T-shirt.

Please note the link below labeled as "Video of T-Shirt" also; it contains some footage taken live at the World Trade Center in September 2009 (I believe). Following that footage taken from the World Financial Center in Lower Manhattan you will see video footage of the eBid T-shirt that captured the hearts of many. I do not know how the World Trade Footage got in my video of the T-shirt but enjoy.

I have live footage/pictures from each year of construction at the World Trade Center because I make a yearly pilgrimage to the site.

YDC71 SIGNATURE T-SHIRT (RENEWING THE VISION)
    Up for auction is the famous & historical YDC71 Signature T-Shirt (Renewing The Vision). This T-shirt has won the heart of many on eBid, as we all go about trying to be the winning bidder month after month since the shirt was created. There is a reason, and it goes beyond just an ego trip to see our names in the spot light; although we must admit most of the winners are a wee bit hamish
    We are also givers and we love to put the T-Shirt up for auction to support our favorite charities. All proceeds raised for the Shirt will benefit The American Heart Association (AHA). This organization was selected because they serve communities throughout the USA to provide education, research, and support services to combat heart disease, which is the #1 cause of illness and death in the USA.
    The renewing of the vision involves sharing with anyone who does not know what Quad (the creator of the shirt) had in mind when he made the shirt. If anyone remembers, the purpose of the shirt in it's early days went somewhat off track. Quad pm'd me and informed me that he "designed the t-shirt so that the winner could do a bit more in the next ydc, for a charity they wanted, not just one set one, sort of spread the love so to speak. LOL" Hope Quad doesn't mind me sharing his quote.
    So, who's gonna win the shirt this month? Will it stay in the USA or travel back across the pond? Whoever wins it I'm sure it will go up for a good cause. Please bid generously.
    ***PICTURES OF THE SHIRT WILL BE ADDED***
    NOTE: See my About the Seller Page for additional information on returns policy; shipping/handling/insurance policy; and shipping discounts.
    http://us.ten.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?user=burgyeb&mo=their-all-about
    Insurance is optional.

Thank you for visiting this sale.
    Added by the Seller on Sat 31 Oct 2009 12:03:55 (EDT)
    THE T-SHIRT VIDEO FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE! CLICK ON LINK BELOW:
    http://static.pbsrc.com/flash/rss_sl...Ffeed.rss&os=1
    Note: The winner of the T-shirt gets to add their signature to the shirt. The shirt is not to be washed or worn. The winner gets to select their favorite charity to receive proceeds from the shirt in the next YDC. Please continue to bid generously! Thank you to all bidders & viewers!

I am very sorry that I haven't listed the t-shirt yet. I am trying to get ready for World Book Day and have had a lot of problems with stock not arriving and stock arriving flood damaged so I have been running around like a mad thing. Also I have my own website and I've been having a few problems with that.

If I promise to list the t-shirt in time for March 24th I think I can stick with that. What's the earliest I can put it up for March though? I think I need an idiot's guide to these charity auctions. I've seen the rules in the Announcement thread but I would really like the money to go to Kidney Research UK as I am a Volunteer with them.

The t-shirt has developed small holes because of its age. I'm hoping that will not be problem!

I'll post some photos here soon as there has been so much interest. Then can use the same photos in the auction.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, you sound very busy; not a problem though. No need to promise; you can actually list it early by using the custom listing when to start and end the listing. Just set the start for March 24, and any time you prefer. Then set the end date for March 28; and I usually set end time same as start time. Check out the rules on the announcement page for YDC 118 (February).

Just add the charity of your choice (see my above listing for description example). Also if you want to be a part of the competition use the language in the YDC rules (the above description does not include the statement).

The small holes are not problematic, just give a very clear description of the shirt, and clear photos front and back, and unsigned/signed. If you get the listing up soon, your pictures can be seen on the listing, but no one will be able to bid until your set date. Review the rules first. Looking forward to seeing the listing.

P.S. Might want to include Marks comments concerning the shirt and your membership longevity in the listing description.

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I never got a T- shirt :-(

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppyrowan View Post
    I never got a T- shirt :-(
    Awww............ask support. Give them your size, I'm pretty sure they may send you one.

Thread Information