eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Own website re-directing to ebid - is it worth it now?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Own website re-directing to ebid - is it worth it now?

I am probably getting a little ahead of myself here, as I have not yet started listing items. However I have a query about websites.

The last time I was selling (this was before google shopping arrived) I had a website domaian name which directedd people through to my eBid stores. This was administered by another eBid member nykmedia, who does not seem to be around anymore.

I found that this boosted my viewing figures substantially, and am wondering if it would be worthwhile doing again or not.

The problem I have is that my techy knowledge is very limited so I would need someone else to build whatever mechanisms are necessary. I guess that could make it expensive.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Default Re: Own website re-directing to ebid - is it worth it now?

nykmedia is still around

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I am probably getting a little ahead of myself here, as I have not yet started listing items. However I have a query about websites.

The last time I was selling (this was before google shopping arrived) I had a website domaian name which directedd people through to my eBid stores. This was administered by another eBid member nykmedia, who does not seem to be around anymore.

I found that this boosted my viewing figures substantially, and am wondering if it would be worthwhile doing again or not.

The problem I have is that my techy knowledge is very limited so I would need someone else to build whatever mechanisms are necessary. I guess that could make it expensive.

Thanks
    www.scottishmultimedia.co.uk still exists. Perhaps you could get in touch through that web site?

Your loftys-stores.co.uk domain no longer exists, no point in the link in your sig.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Thanks nykmedia may still be here; but no longer as active as she was. She used to be in the forums each and every day; I havJohe not seen anything from her here. And looked her up recently but she seems to have down-sized considerably and moved away from promotional work.

Johnwash; Yes I am aware that it is out of date, that is what prompted the question. I have stationery with the website listed and don't really want to throw them out. However I take a dim view of folks who use outdated stuff (as in containing incorrect info) so don't want to do that myself.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks nykmedia may still be here; but no longer as active as she was. She used to be in the forums each and every day; I havJohe not seen anything from her here. And looked her up recently but she seems to have down-sized considerably and moved away from promotional work.

Johnwash; Yes I am aware that it is out of date, that is what prompted the question. I have stationery with the website listed and don't really want to throw them out. However I take a dim view of folks who use outdated stuff (as in containing incorrect info) so don't want to do that myself.
    If you're looking for someone to do website design for you, you might want to post on the KT and see if anyone can help. My guess is yes, as there are a lot of techy folks around these parts.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Thanks Suesjools, I wil bear that in mind. It is really a cost of finding out if the cost of it would be worthwhile (considering the fact that most "hits" on this site are now through GS which is free..

Thanks Suesjools, I wil bear that in mind. It is really a cost of finding out if the cost of it would be worthwhile (considering the fact that most "hits" on this site are now through GS which is free..
    Even if you resurrected your site (which by the way you still haven't removed from your forum sig, which gives a really bad impression for anyone clicking on that link) you have to ask yourself how people would find their way to it. Unless you do a major promo campaign, the answer is "with great difficulty" and you're better off just focussing on selling through ebid.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks
    it looks like your domain has run out as its available again.

Its easy to set up , head to www.123-reg.co.uk then type in your domain name and click serch then add it to the cart and check out, i think they also take paypal now.

Fill in your info and pay, then go to the "web forwarding" tab select "permanent forwarding" click non-framed forwarding and enter the url of your ebid store, done.

Url forwarding is free so the only cost to you is domain registration which is £4.99 per year or £6.98 for two years
    More wine please ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brunwulf View Post
    it looks like your domain has run out as its available again.

Its easy to set up , head to www.123-reg.co.uk then type in your domain name and click serch then add it to the cart and check out, i think they also take paypal now.

Fill in your info and pay, then go to the "web forwarding" tab select "permanent forwarding" click non-framed forwarding and enter the url of your ebid store, done.

Url forwarding is free so the only cost to you is domain registration which is £4.99 per year or £6.98 for two years

Interesting, thank you very much.

And an example of how easy that was, within a couple of minutes....... www.thepostcardshop.co.uk

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Interesting, thank you very much.

And an example of how easy that was, within a couple of minutes....... www.thepostcardshop.co.uk
    I think the hardest part of the process is finding a suitable domain name that is not in use or being held for ransom.

Thread Information