My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone work at Ebid????

Default Re: Does anyone work at Ebid????

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Tony41 (or any of the other stamp sellers) ... if you see any of my stamp listings in the wrong categories, please let me know.
    I would hope that any of the regulars on ebid would inform the regular sellers if they did find an item in the wrong categories without having to be asked.

and I hope they would also do it if they spotted a dup title

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    I would hope that any of the regulars on ebid would inform the regular sellers if they did find an item in the wrong categories without having to be asked.

I agree Nigel. Or if they find a link doesn't work ... or any problem at all.

The older I get the more I find it harder to proofread my work. Eye problems ... so I appreciate any help from the forum regulars.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sdsc View Post
    It seems like no category requests get addressed or changed. Does anyone actually work at Ebid or is it just an abandoned site?
    Yep, seems a slow process, but best not to knee-jerk every time a request is made in my opinion.

If it is fallover (urgent) and you can't wait then, as mentioned already: create a Store and build your own categories within it... good test as well.

Best Luck

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post

Unless they are regulars on the forums sellers cannot be informed by PM about wrong categories. The only way is by "Ask A Question" which is available for all to see. In any case on occasion I have been told to mind my own business. This only leaves reporting the item(s)

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

whuts the madder wif you people ober der...dontcha know us yankees caint wait for things ta happen. ?

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCee View Post
    whuts the madder wif you people ober der...dontcha know us yankees caint wait for things ta happen. ?
    wow, such eloquent flow of language!! - well done!

I think I get the gist of it... hmmmmmmmmm, so, do you speak like that all the time, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Unless they are regulars on the forums sellers cannot be informed by PM about wrong categories. The only way is by "Ask A Question" which is available for all to see. In any case on occasion I have been told to mind my own business. This only leaves reporting the item(s)
    I wonder if reporting sellers listings is really the best thing for ebid, particularly if its a category thing. What I mean is doesnt the site need more variety. To me reporting and getting the listing taken down is offensive why not just shoot me a message?

Quote Originally Posted by bringinitback4less View Post
    I wonder if reporting sellers listings is really the best thing for ebid, particularly if its a category thing. What I mean is doesnt the site need more variety. To me reporting and getting the listing taken down is offensive why not just shoot me a message?

The categories as they are, are cumbersome and there are to many in my opinion. I think to make a mistake could be an honest oversight. Why punish your fellow sellers? we all want ebid to be successful dont we?

Quote Originally Posted by bringinitback4less View Post
    The categories as they are, are cumbersome and there are to many in my opinion. I think to make a mistake could be an honest oversight. Why punish your fellow sellers? we all want ebid to be successful dont we?
    I agree . . . with one exception. "Adult Goods not in Adult Category".

Can't say that I would ever be upset if a person, forum regular or not, contacted me via the "ask a seller" question button to let me know that I had made a mistake and had placed an item in the wrong category. I would be very happy if they did!

If someone reports it, then I have to waste my time finding my photographs again and creating a new listing from scratch.

Thread Information