eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RUS versus Timed Auctions

Default Re: RUS versus Timed Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    A massaged listing is still a duplicate in my book. Put it this way, you have 2 identical stamps. You put one of those stamps into your RUS store and the other into your AUCTION store. The photograph will be exactly the same. You state $5 BIN in the RUS store and start the auction store at $1. If the BIN price is the minimum price you will accept you will lose $4 on the auction as potential buyers will see the same stamp and will go for the lower price. Auction wars on eBid don't exist yet.

I do not know about auction wars which was certainly not intended as it is merely a form of an advertising method.

Duplicated listings on eBid are not tolerated which I agree with and, if I see one, I will report it..

I fail to see what negative impact a duplicate listing would be to eBid.
    At most it is disheartning for a newbie to lose x amount of unintended listing ( without notice).
    A duplicate listing would reflect the seller's mistake when unintentional and would correct if scrupulous. The contrary would need admin intervention.

I've been with eBid for 6 years and, I think many members will agree, there is room for improvement on this site but we all like the low cost of listing and fvf's. The management will get it right one day and I hope to be here when they do.
    Indeed, there is always room for improvement. However we all fail and this is evident of the many negative posts I have read here.
    The simple truth is, the advancement of modern thinking renders many once good ideas into the annals of history.
    An online auction site is no different.

Default Re: RUS versus Timed Auctions

Thank you Mel for the elaborate reply.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    No we don't. eBid's listing rules are at:http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#29 - which includes the rules concerning multiple item listings.

This states as per copy:-Multiple listings, please use Multi-Item Listings
    • It is not fair on other members to show row after row of the same identical item. This has an adverse effect on the entire community. Quite understandable ie. row after row which was not the aim of RUS & Timed auction stores.
    • If you want to list multiple identical items please list as a "Multi-Item Listing", eg. start a single listing with a quantity of 2 or more. NA to this thread.
    • If you want to list multiple similar items please make sure the auction titles are not identical. This would be adheard to and effected
    • We currently allow one auction (how gracious), be it a normal or multi-item auction, to be placed in a single category with the same title. Do not place the same item in many different categories. Would be placed once in two Stores
    • Thousands and thousands of near identical items will not be permitted. The quantity and level of resemblance of product is at our discretion. NA to this thread

What you say you were told was either wrong or you misunderstood what was said. It is not OK to manipulate titles in order to post multiple listings of identical items (or, as you are suggesting, multiple listings for the same item). NOT multiple, only a duplicate of ONE in two Stores.

It is OK where you have several similar items and you need to make the titles different in order to prevent eBid's bots erroneously picking them up as duplicate listings.
    Bravo - that was the idea.
    RUS items in one Store and with changed titles asTimed auctions in the other.
    Confirmation of approval would allow us to move on.

With comparable 'due respect'... If you managed to find any indication of a 'threat' in my post then you must have issues that extend far beyond me or my response to your post. I was being respectful.

Your toys and your pram; you must do as you deem fit. Noted

Why should have I PM'd you??? You posted to a public forum and I replied in kind. There was nothing in my post that could be deemed of a 'private' nature. If you cannot cope when someone doesn't agree with you then public forums may not be the best vehicle for you to use.

I merely pointed out that what you were suggesting was in breach of eBid's rules as they stand. If you feel those rules need changing then suggest such to eBid management. NA Simply ignoring the ones that you don't feel should apply to you is not the way forward. Wrong assumption, I was soliciting to what others say.

I think eBid's 'no duplicates' rule is good; it provides a level playing field for both small and big sellers, and I would oppose its removal. That means I don't rate your idea as highly as you clearly do at #4 above (you missed the chance to 5 star rate your own thread there).
    My suggestion of two seperate Stores (RUS & TA) I doubt would encroach on big or small sellers, in fact would advance their visibility and strengthen eBid growth.
    As for missing a 5 star rate, I am here to sell not play Sheriff for demigods

Totally mystified as to why you went to the effort to dig out and quote that particular text. It is entirely unconnected to, and has no bearing on, anything being discussed here.
    Others may see it differently

I still would like to read of others open minded opions on the question of having a store for RUS items and another for timed auctions.

Erich

Thread Information