eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

Forum Newbie
    All-About thumbsupgraphics
    View thumbsupgraphics's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up newbie

Been looking @ eBid for a couple of days now & I'm glad i have opened my account looking @ to upgrade to seller+. Great site to work round cant wait to start listing my items.

Ranked 3 out of the top 20 auction sites don't think you go wrong Seems a lot better than the other side which i have been a member for years the other side fees stink.

Thanks Ebid

thumbsupgraphics

for all your decals / stickers large or small @ great price / service any inquiry welcome.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: newbie

Quote Originally Posted by thumbsupgraphics View Post
    Been looking @ eBid for a couple of days now & I'm glad i have opened my account looking @ to upgrade to seller+. Great site to work round cant wait to start listing my items.

Ranked 3 out of the top 20 auction sites don't think you go wrong Seems a lot better than the other side which i have been a member for years the other side fees stink.

Thanks Ebid

thumbsupgraphics

for all your decals / stickers large or small @ great price / service any inquiry welcome.
    Welcome to eBid Good luck for everything you do. This is a great site

http://:stamspandcoins1.ebid.net

Same hear i just joined yesterday and already listed 8 items and i am getting allot of views.Looking for that first sale.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome retroricks, shame you dont ship worldwide

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome Retrorick! I would open a store straight away and put your items into it - if you need them, there are 5 stores and that puts them in different categories (extra exposure). Run till sold leaves your stuff at the bottom of searches - somewhere between 7-14 days on autorepost gives better results as a rule

and

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

is useful.

I hope eBid is good for you!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Welcome to both of you!

Wishing you both good sales

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroricks View Post
    Same hear i just joined yesterday and already listed 8 items and i am getting allot of views.Looking for that first sale.
    well...at least you can take a nice photo, the listings i see look ....nice and ....retro......did you know that USPS will allow you to send packages to places outside of the United states?....there are other countries such as france, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand....and quite a few more....even the United Kingdom, that have reliable postal services who won't lose or steal your packages. The other great thing is that these countries are home to people who have something called money....and i'm guessing that you'd like a piece of this.

Here's an example for you, i sent a package to a resident of Wyoming on the 29th August and as far as i can see they received it on the 8th September, that's not too long ....is it? If i hadn't been willing to send packages outside of the UK then i'd have missed too many opportunities, in fact my second sale on this site went to Denmark.....honestly....there's nothing to fear when sending outside of the United States, so long as you steer clear of Brazil, Russia, and treat southern Italy with caution.
    If you're still in need of more reassurance you could start a thread asking which countries represent a higher risk of loss.

Lastly, look at Ebid with a long term view and don't expect sales to fly in at first....this way you'll feel no disappointment with no sales.......all the best.

We have been selling on line for around 15 years,ebay but not anymore .Now we are selling on etsy and doing OK ,but always looking for new places to sell.We have tried to ship to other country's but there always seams to be problems.We might decide to try it out here.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would reiterate that you do need to be patient. Things may not fly off the shelves like they do on TOS, but you won't be jumping through as many hoops or surrendering as much as your profit either.
    The more items you post the better, to increase your exposure. I sell a couple of items every week with around 60 items listed at any one time. I know that sellers who list much more than I do get better sales! I do sell by other avenues as well both on and off line, I always think it is best not to put all your eggs in one basket.
    I put the link to my ebid stores on my business card and hand them out at the antiques fairs I attend. You need to be a bit more proactive in promoting your wares and yourself here.
    I tend to treat ebid as one of many tools in my selling box. I find it a much more positive environment than TOS and have always found everyone very friendly and helpful.
    Do give it a try, be patient and good luck!

Thread Information