eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Default Re: EBid Refuses to Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Please don't take my reply to another user and display it out of context.
    Sorry if i offended you, but it was not taken out of context, you stated that ebid does intend to introduce this feature. I saw that post & asked when but once again ebid did not answer & seeing how other features have been promised for over 6 years & have not been added, it seems wrong to get the O.P. hopes up that it will happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Sorry if i offended you, but it was not taken out of context,
    You made it appear as though I was answering you and not the OP.

However, the point is now moot. eBid have replied in the positive, the thread title is incorrect and Gazza might or might not introduce the feature sometime before we all retire - but the point is that he intends to do so.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

No listings at 23.53 (GMT) on 28/12/2013 and one neg feedback may have made the OP disappear from his/her original post.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a buyer (relatively new - low feedback score) who bought two items on Buynow. Clicked on one item then paid for it, then clicked on second that paid for that one. Result was he paid two postage charges and, therefore, I had to refund one. Had he bought both before paying he would have only paid one postage charge.
    I can see this happening more frequently if some sellers start to demand immediate payment. I can think of two ways to stop this happening. One, eBid should introduce a cart system as used on many sites: two, eBid should introduce an option whereby sellers can block payment until they have sent an invoice. (this is available on at least one other site).
    If eBid is to introduce optional immediate payment (as it intends to do), it should only do so if it also introduces one or both of the options above at the same time as immediate payment.
    In this case, the buyer only bought two items. Imagine if they had bought ten or twenty with the need to refund all those overpaid postage charges.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

i don't want to come over as lacking in insight or sounding simple, but is this a real problem?...i've had a good deal of buyers do as you describe Tony, and i find that it is a simple matter to recalculate their payment and refund in this case of overpayment in relation to shipping charges.
    If the buyer requests an amended invoice then ebid provide a nice calculator that will offer the reduction in percentage or as a figure.

No....i say keep it nice and simple as it is.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    i don't want to come over as lacking in insight or sounding simple, but is this a real problem?...i've had a good deal of buyers do as you describe Tony, and i find that it is a simple matter to recalculate their payment and refund in this case of overpayment in relation to shipping charges.
    If the buyer requests an amended invoice then ebid provide a nice calculator that will offer the reduction in percentage or as a figure.

No....i say keep it nice and simple as it is.
    I agree it should be kept simple BUT my post is with reference to the request (which eBid seems to accept) that there should be an option to insist on immediate payment. If this is implemented I think there will be an increase of buyers overpaying postage. In which case there should be something in place to minimise this. The complication arises because of the request for the option for immediate payment. Incidentally, I cannot see how this will reduce non paying buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I agree it should be kept simple BUT my post is with reference to the request (which eBid seems to accept) that there should be an option to insist on immediate payment. If this is implemented I think there will be an increase of buyers overpaying postage. In which case there should be something in place to minimise this. The complication arises because of the request for the option for immediate payment. Incidentally, I cannot see how this will reduce non paying buyers.
    And an increase in sellers overpaying PayPal fees.

The immediate payment will be an option for sellers who want to use it, other sellers will not have to use it if they do not want to.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    The immediate payment will be an option for sellers who want to use it, other sellers will not have to use it if they do not want to.
    But it will cause confusion unless measures are taken to ensure it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    But it will cause confusion unless measures are taken to ensure it doesn't happen.
    All eBid has to do is put this text by the buy it now button like the other site does. (Immediate Payment Required)

Problem solved

Thread Information