View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: EBid Refuses to Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Scorpioman
    I couldn't have made a better statement that the one you have above

Immediate Payment would require eBid to have a financial/banking business to handle the these transactions. They would also have to have permission from other financial services to allow for immediate payment and would have to have permission from a seller and buyer to have access to an account that is their chosen payment method. Without such access how would a payment go through without the buyer signing into their payments methods account to make said payment. I don't think to many sellers are willing to give that type of control to eBid. The Bay and PP are a combined organization, we all know that. When you do the buy now you still have to sign into PP or use a credit card. Of course if either party doesn't live up to their agreement, then that organization will play arbitrator and pay the winning party, which most the time is the buyer. But NPB's are everywhere and even Buy Now, Buy It Now, etc.. no matter how much NPB's are a pain the butt, it won't stop them from playing their game.

I think a cart would be a good idea. Seems like several sites are leaning that way.
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 21st December 2013 at 06:58 PM.

Buy It Now means you want it now, not later period. Getting 43 sales and 9 from deadbeats says it all. These deadbeats waste a sellers time, take away listings from legitimate buyers who actually want to pay for the item. Then when you try to chase them down they go run and hide. It should be an option for a seller if he or she wants to select the item. If you want to give them a discount then put it in your listing and then refund them the difference. Ebay put immediate payment required for a reason, because sellers faced the same exact issues that Ebid has and they were losing commision. Its one thing to buy multiple items, but to create an account, make a listing and deliberately ignore clearly stated disclaimers that clearly say not to purchase the item unless you intend to pay for it now, does nothing. Buyers still deliberately do it and waste a sellers time. If your going to be a dead beat go someplace else!

Ebid is also to blame in regards to the way they display the listing, the seller's auction details is is burried all the way below where you have to scroll all the way down at the bottom, so the only thing people see is EBid spam advertisements taking up 40% of the screen, they see the seller's picture the price and a shipping rate and nothing else. Looks like EBid's advertisers come first and the sellers come last. If they cared about sellers, then they would make this place seller oriented and just leave the transactions between the buyer and seller and nothing else. If there's a problem let the buyer seller and payment service handle it and not get involved like BluJay does. If the seller is committing fraud then tahts a different meaning.

if the buyer doesnt pay then we dont want to see the transaction, but the fact that you have to go through all these steps and wait 10 days before you get your money back and then be reminded of the deadbeats 20% of our sales are deadbeats, it goes without saying. Then EBid has the gull to say oh your not selling products and its costing us too much money to place your adds on Google and remove your listings and then you go online and they tell the Press that seller's will not incurr any costs for Google Advertising, has to make you question them! They say one thing to the seller and they state the opposite to the general public. If they wanted money then they should resolve a serious problem and thats making immediate payment required an option for sellers. Want to make money Ebid then cut down on the deadbeats!

Bottom line is that Ebid is going to do whatever they want, they know about the problem and we can go on and on and on and on about it, nothing is going to be done nor is Ebid going to listen to us sellers. so its a mute point! Time to open up our own retail store. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by microniccomputers View Post
    Bottom line is that Ebid is going to do whatever they want, they know about the problem and we can go on and on and on and on about it, nothing is going to be done nor is Ebid going to listen to us sellers. so its a mute point! Time to open up our own retail store. Problem solved!
    I'm guessing you missed post 17 where the top man for eBid told you that they are listening and do intend to introduce this feature.

And it would be a moot point, not mute.

I was reading this the other day but was a bit puzzled by it. How does it work then, how does immediate payment required force the buyer to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    I was reading this the other day but was a bit puzzled by it. How does it work then, how does immediate payment required force the buyer to pay?
    It means when a buyer clicks on 'buy it now' they have to pay for the item right away. At present the 'buy it now' button ends the listing as a sales transaction before payment is made, but with an option for immediate payment the listing is not ended until payment is complete.

The immediate payment system may be useful for certain sellers to opt into, but the majority would/should avoid using it at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    I'm guessing you missed post 17 where the top man for eBid told you that they are listening and do intend to introduce this feature.

And it would be a moot point, not mute.
    They have said that they would introduce it but never replied to my post as to when they plan on doing so. But look at their track record they have been talking about the api for over 6 years & still have not released it. The mobile app has been in the works for over 3 years & once again still has not been released.

So it is hard to believe what they say until they complete some of the stuff they have been promising for years.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    They have said that they would introduce it but never replied to my post as to when they plan on doing so. But look at their track record they have been talking about the api for over 6 years & still have not released it. The mobile app has been in the works for over 3 years & once again still has not been released.

So it is hard to believe what they say until they complete some of the stuff they have been promising for years.
    Please don't take my reply to another user and display it out of context.

Thread Information