Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Default Re: EBid Refuses to Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

What a lot of people do not understand is that the O.P is asking to have the option to use immediate payment, not to have it where everyone was forced to use it.
    There could be a box to check in the listing form if a seller wanted to require immediate payment & those who do not want to use it would just leave the box unchecked.

Given all the years they have supposedly been going to have an API & mobile app which still has never happened. I would have to say we will probably never see an immediate pay option.

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    What a lot of people do not understand is that the O.P is asking to have the option to use immediate payment, not to have it where everyone was forced to use it.
    There could be a box to check in the listing form if a seller wanted to require immediate payment & those who do not want to use it would just leave the box unchecked.

Given all the years they have supposedly been going to have an API & mobile app which still has never happened. I would have to say we will probably never see an immediate pay option.
    I am angry that so many believe there should not be an option, It is this type of we won't change attitude that is holding ebid back. "ITS AN OPTION" That I would use but it does not mean you have to. I sell all over the world on the other site with many multiple sales. Ebid is sadly out of touch and should comply with sellers needs and not just that of what I consider a minority. There are too many Idiots around that press buy it now and then walk away and this "IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IT" Would stop that. To say it should not be an option is selfish and wrong

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    my O/H had 40 sales yesterday, all buy now's each one had 85p postage on it.... If they had been "Immediate Payment" then the postage would have been £34.00 as it was the postage came to £2.00

Would my O/H have had 40 sales if "buy now" meant "pay now"..... I somehow doubt it
    That is a good example of why I would not use immediate payment option.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post

That's true. I don't mind if it is an option and not a compulsory thing.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioman View Post
    I am angry that so many believe there should not be an option, It is this type of we won't change attitude that is holding ebid back. "ITS AN OPTION" That I would use but it does not mean you have to. I sell all over the world on the other site with many multiple sales. Ebid is sadly out of touch and should comply with sellers needs and not just that of what I consider a minority. There are too many Idiots around that press buy it now and then walk away and this "IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IT" Would stop that. To say it should not be an option is selfish and wrong
    Don't be angry. What people are saying is they don't want to use the option if it was introduced. As you say, having it as an option would be a good idea for sellers like you who want to use it, as long as those that don't want to use it, can opt out.

Forum Lurker
    All-About scorpioman
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Don't be angry. What people are saying is they don't want to use the option if it was introduced. As you say, having it as an option would be a good idea for sellers like you who want to use it, as long as those that don't want to use it, can opt out.
    I am not angry at what people are saying I am angry at Ebid for their shallow minded approach. Your comment is fair enough and you would not use it but I do not have the choice, unfair, outrdated, out of touch. Which is why ebid will fail if they do not put customers first

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We do have plans to install it. Let me know the Support Ticket ID and I'll speak to whoever replied to you giving false information.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We do have plans to install it. Let me know the Support Ticket ID and I'll speak to whoever replied to you giving false information.

Thx,
    Gazza
    How long will it be before the option is added, the only reason i ask is because we keep being told over the years that we would have an api & mobile app which has yet to surface.

Forum Lurker
    All-About scorpioman
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Thx,
    Gazza
    Well thats evidence that Ebid are listening, onwards and upwards with an option that is most definately needed. It does stop non paying bidders!

Thanks Gazza

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I missing something ?
    Some times I am rather dense, however the few items I have sold here over the years have been paid before I shipped.
    All of my items (67) are listed as buy it now.
    There's no way (unless I felt like it) that I would ship anything to a buyer until payment was in my account.
    This also pertains to outside of eBid.
    Never have I purchased anything online that I did not pay for before it was shipped..
    Am I missing something.

Thread Information