Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Default Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

What is it with EBid, everyone has it already except this site. EBid refuses to place immediate payment required. Deadbeat buyers are left and right, and then EBid says to send emails to the buyer. Wishful thinking, when someone doesnt pay they go run and hide. EBid makes you go through all these hoops to finally get your money back and still side with the buyer. Out of our 45 sales 9 of these are deadbeats! Then they got some gull to email you and threaten to remove your listings because its costing them too much money to list your product. If you put immediate payment required as an option, them maybe you'd make money and have to stop refunding sellers for buyers that dont pay.

You call eBid and demand it, they send you some automated message that for the past 2 years, they quote "we have no plans to install it". Its no wonder sellers are going to other sites because of all the lost revenues. They have a button thats falsley advertised called Buy It Now. Its not end the listing on the seller and pay for it if you the buyer wants to.
    Last edited by Mark; 1st January 2014 at 06:02 PM.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: EBid Refuses to Put Immediate Payment Required On Listings

Quote Originally Posted by microniccomputers View Post
    ....You call eBid and demand it, they send you some automated message that for the past 2 years, they quote "we have no plans to install it".......
    Well you appear to have eBids answer to your demand.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

If it was an option I would not use it. While I prefer instant payment I also do not mind waiting a few days. Yes there are idiots who hit Buy with no intention of paying but it goes with the territory.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think there is some logic to Buy It Now means Pay it Now
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    I think there is some logic to Buy It Now means Pay it Now
    There is certainly logic to it, but at times there is no logic to buyer behaviour. I always pay immediately or contact the seller first if it is something I want but cannot pay immediately, but not everybody does.

As for eBid it could create some problems. One problem could be with multiple purchases where a shipping discount is given, I ask my buyers to wait for the invoice when making such purchases. Would probably require a shopping basket facility as well. For me it is not a major problem, yes there are a few NPB's, but there are on all sites unless you insist on instant payment.

my O/H had 40 sales yesterday, all buy now's each one had 85p postage on it.... If they had been "Immediate Payment" then the postage would have been £34.00 as it was the postage came to £2.00

Would my O/H have had 40 sales if "buy now" meant "pay now"..... I somehow doubt it

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would also not use "Immediate Payment" if it were to be available for the same reason as Somersethedge. However, I can see that for items which are usually bought singly, there could be a case for it to be optional. One problem might be that buyers equate "BuyItNow" as pay immediately even if the seller does not opt for "Immediate Payment" which will result in lots of refunded postage charges which would be just as inconvenient for sellers who usually sell in multiples as the absence is inconvenient for some sellers.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would like to see the option offered for sellers choosing to use it. I have used the option on other sites. Do not mind waiting for payment, particularly if buyer makes contact about situation. Usually give a buyer 7-10 days to make payment before really worrying about a payment. That is long enough to go through the reminder process, and give buyer chance to respond.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too would lose sales if it was introduced as i always combine posage. A buyer yesterday would have had to pay over 100 pounds postage on pay immediately instead of the 15 i charged
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

I buy stuff from multiple sites including Feebay. When I find something I am seeking I tend to look at whatever else the seller has. If that seller demands I pay instantly for each item, they do not get more than one purchase from me. I will NOT go through the payment process time after time or pay more postage than I need to. There are many Feebay sellers that have missed out on follow up sales from me because they had Pay Now on their listings.

Thread Information