eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attracting buyers

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Attracting buyers

So - you are saying, Squern, that I need to put VINTAGE in the brand box of my items, which I just recently finished editing to include Exempt in the barcode box...................months after the whole stores were exempted?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Once again, a thread has wandered completely off course.
    When I started this thread I asked if there was a site similar to Tamebay that catered for buyers because it would be of benefit to eBid to try to get an article on such a thread.
    Since then we have had the usual posts about Google and the importance of keywords; we have had comments about using Pinterest, Facebook and other social media and at the end we get yet another discussion about items getting or not getting listed on Google together with discussion about the need for EXEMPT.

None of this is relevant to the question I asked. I have no doubt it is all true but this thread is not the place for it.
    As no-one has named a site catering for buyers, I presume that no-one knows of such a site.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Once again, a thread has wandered completely off course.
    When I started this thread I asked if there was a site similar to Tamebay that catered for buyers.....
    As no-one has named a site catering for buyers, I presume that no-one knows of such a site.
    Funnily enough I was about to reply in a similar vein:that your original question hadn't been answered.
    I don't think there could ever be a site specifically for buyers.It's not really something that would necessarily require a co-operative.If someone is looking to buy,it's usually for a specific item & so they'd search for that rather than "where's the best place to buy".

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The review sites like ciao are the only place buyers might look - but "might" seems to me to be a bit strong.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I did google around a bit after the question was posted and found a few sites, but all the same thing - 'What do I do?, My parcel hasn't arrived, Have I been scammed? etc.
    I got myself so confused in the end, I gave up, sorry.

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

So juggling my keywords and hoping I get seen is the way forward :-) I dont think so!! Thanks for the help and replies anyway. I will promote my shop my way and hope the shop starts to work or like many before me I will be off

My website is only a few weeks old and it gets hits every day. Any company can do it if they truly believe in what they are selling but laying down a criteria or a set of rules to allow us to be seen on google is quite frankly is a bit ebayish

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioman View Post
    So juggling my keywords and hoping I get seen is the way forward :-) I dont think so!! ....
    Ah but it is.

Google is a great tool if it is used correctly as you have already been advised.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry we will have to disagree, google is excellent yes but once you have 2000 plus listings as I have you do not want to keep checking to see if a keyword for every listing will help. It should be a done deal with the company taking your money for advertising space. I simply would never have the time to check all listings. My listings are correct, professional and clear and that should be a criteria for being seen!!

Just picked up a tip from deanosaur1972 on another thread just in case some of you missed it

Google Shopping Exemptions
    I have been reading with some concern about the advice being given on the forums in regard to exemptions.

Exemptions are only for items where there is no UPC/MPN/ISBN/EAN.

You need only to have the word exempt in the barcode box - you do not need anything in the brand section whatsoever, just put exempt in the barcode section.

You do not need to put vintage or unbranded. The Google Shopping upload from eBid is conducted via a verifier and that verifier is the word exempt in the barcode section.

At the moment there even seems to be some advice for publications/books to have an additional word in the brand section - books should never ever have anything in the brand section whether they are vintage or not - it will either require an ISBN number or for old books (where there is no ISBN) then they can have the word exempt.

I did not know this and have just altered my listings accordingly, this should be made clear during the listing process if this site really does want sales to take off. No sales = no buyers, no buyers = no business so come on Ebid show us you mean business and get this site seen. I do my bit so lets see you do yours, especially now that ebay are alienating so many good sellers

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I entered "Ac Delco spark plugs catalogue" into Google shopping and said title appeared as the number 2 result on the page. so you seem to understand how to list effectively.
    I see no real reason why your Ebid listings couldn't remain active....even if you are committed to carrying out 99% of your selling activities elsewhere, i would very expect Ebid to outperform even a sellers own personal website in terms of sales.

The no buyers equation applies in the main if an Ebid seller takes little notice of Google shopping. Ebid's best promotional resource is in fact Ebay, and this is free.
    We can't enjoy low fees and pass the saving onto buyers and ebid provide a large budget to promote itself. What i've learnt is that when selling over here it has to be understood that sales are growing but only slowly and there is a case of this growth is the result of dissatisfaction experienced elsewhere.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Scorpio

but laying down a criteria or a set of rules to allow us to be seen on google is quite frankly is a bit ebayish

I was of the opinion it was Google who dictated the criteria for uploading to Google not ebid, same goes for any other sites on the net that want to upload to Google.

Thread Information