eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Default Re: Tamebay - Kreativebargains

Quote Originally Posted by mountcomp View Post
    No offence taken (and I would change my user id or edit it if I could work out how to!!).... I think you can still get Matey - sure I saw it in the pound shop last Christmas!

I don't have any specific poll info to suggest that it's just the API that turns people off, but when not a single multi-channel management platform supports eBid (or can without an API), that's a pretty big barrier to entry for anyone using software. The reverse would also be true... if you could click a button in your management software to list on eBid why wouldn't you?
    So no company has come to and said that this is the biggest problem ebid has.

Okay I get that for SOME companies api's are a big thing but surly not all companies that sell online use them?

I still feel that this site if used properly in its current state would still suit some small to medium business if they took the time to work out the right way to use it rather the dumping a sample listing/s on the site and then sitting on there hands.

Matey is still about have bottle in the bathroom for my son but looks more like a pirate now then a sailor.

Joke for you all. Why are pirates called pirates? Answer because they aaaarrrrrrr

Go on then, just one quick pirate joke.

Where do pirates do their Christmas shopping?

aaaaaargos.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post

aaaaaargos.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post

aaaaaargos.
    I thought they preferred yaaaaaaard sales

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

If everyone was like you that would mean new sellers on any site would never get a sale. Thankfully not everyone is like you, but I totally understand that feedback is helpful. However I still think a marketplace should have safeguards in place so that buyers felt safe regardless which seller they purchase from - account takeovers do happen.

10 days/Once.
    Couldn't even get registered on Tazbar, no wonder they went bust.
    eBid nil sales
    Gumtree half a dozen sales
    eBay can't remember, but way more than Gumtree.
    Worth noting I slashed something like a third off the price to make them an absolute bargain for eBid and Gumtree and kept the normal price on eBay.
    To be fair back in those days there were almost no printers or TFTs on eBid so it might be different if I tried again today. There still aren't many products in those eBid categories but there are at least some!
    Well theres was I thinking I was a savvy buyer by just buying low to middle end items from newbies sellers, then buying higher end items from them once they are established.

Listing for 10 days once was not giving ebid a chance IMO.
    Slashing the price of the printers could possibly also of had a adverse affect.
    I know that when I look at golf gear on ebay, if I see items listed for a song, knock offs come to mind.
    Why not try again when you run that test years ago ebid was a lot quieter, more & more buyers are coming to ebid, sales have improved since then.

What is your opinion on why there are so many sellers on ebay complaining sales have died?
    While sellers here are seeing an improvement in their sales.
    Surely if you do not consider ebid as a viable site for sales the ebay sellers should not be having a down turn in sales?

Buyers do have paypal protection.
    Ebid get rid of scamming sellers & buyers quickly.

I never tried Tazbar .
    I did try Gumtree for a short time, not one sale

Forum Posts

I thought they preferred yaaaaaaard sales
    Nah its Russian prisons

Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    So no company has come to and said that this is the biggest problem ebid has.

Okay I get that for SOME companies api's are a big thing but surly not all companies that sell online use them?

I still feel that this site if used properly in its current state would still suit some small to medium business if they took the time to work out the right way to use it rather the dumping a sample listing/s on the site and then sitting on there hands.

Matey is still about have bottle in the bathroom for my son but looks more like a pirate now then a sailor.

Joke for you all. Why are pirates called pirates? Answer because they aaaarrrrrrr
    Yep no companies have stated that the lack of a API is the problem.
    Still dont get why some sellers who needed an API opened up seller+ account when one was not available on ebid.

Maybe Mount (Matey) is not referring to small to medium sellers, but is referring to the big retailers ebay have taken on board e.g aaaaaaaarg.

I agree that for the small to medium buisness sellers ebid could work for them as long as they did not dump & run & took the time to work out how to use the site to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Mount

You simply can't do it with eBid and that's the biggest reason everyone that's paid for a lifetime membership simply don't bother to list on eBid, let alone spend time optimising.

Why would anyone pay for a lifetime membership on ebid if a API was a must have for their buisness?
    You would think they would ensure a API was available before joining.
    I read the forums before joining & gazza stated the api was moved to the top of their to do list in 2007, so I joined with a lifetime seller acct. I even had several listing companies ready to make their software work with eBid but the api never was released, so that is why some joined because gazza stated the api was coming.

Here is what he said & a link to the thread where he posted the info.

Here is a forum topic from 2005 http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.ph...&highlight=api

Here is what Gazza said about it in 2007 lol it has been moved to the top of their to do list & that was 6 years ago lol

18th February 2005, 03:28 AM #2
    gazza

The eBid API is being planned for the second half 2005. We can get the chat going now though...

SOAP over XML .. can you expand on this..

Need complete list of functions required... A list of functions currently in place in any other auction site APIs would be useful..

1st December 2007, 09:59 AM #10
    gazza

It has recently moved to the top of our todo list and is being worked on at the moment. We have not time for its delivery but the main functions will all be available through it.

Will keep you posted.

Gazza

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Nah its Russian prisons
    Where do they their Buccaneers?

Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Where do they their Buccaneers?
    Tampa bay

http://www.buccaneers.com/

Or the North Pole, but they will have to wait for the Global Warming to take affect
    I hear theres a shortage of Father Christmas,s & his little helpers there this year.

Thread Information