Thread: any suggestions appreciated

Forum Newbie
    View frightfulhorrors's Feedback (+3)
    All-About frightfulhorrors
    View frightfulhorrors's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Slow start to selling on ebid - any suggestions appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    One other thing is pinterest. squern has only been here a short while and is already selling well but he has been really busy on pinterest. Register on there and once you have your user name you can get 20 buddy points if you follow ebid (go to 'my social networks' on your ebid account page)

When you are set up on pinterest, search your type of products and follow EVERYONE that also have an interest in them. I see that squern is following more than 2000 people so he really has been busy and it has paid off for him as he has made some sales through people seeing his products on there.

I have been listing here for 2 or 3 months and only today have I had my first bid, not one that I am going to shout about, but little acorns and all that!
    Thanks! I'm already registered for Pinterest but don't really know how to use it properly. That's great advice! :-)

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

You've got another one now!
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by frightfulhorrors View Post
    As to the price issue mentioned by you other two guys, I'm stuck with those prices at the moment. I'm actually selling as a kind of "intermediary" of the small press publishers concerned and they dictate prices to me. Of course, I guess I could negotiate lower prices once I start to sell a bit - but not really at the moment. ,,,
    Sorry, I don't understand. I guess it's a business you're passionate about, regardless of profit. Which, provided you have an income from elsewhere, is an indulgence you can afford.

Otherwise it makes no sense to me to get into a business where the margins are pared to the bone and you're being exploited. With 13 auctions on the go, you're never going to have any clout with your suppliers. You need an automated listing system and 13,000 auctions.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information