Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Hello!

Hallo and welcome! Lovely to see you (from another long term ebayer who left recently - a variety of things: stalking & harrassment from idiots on there with ebay not interested, leading to malicious buying, which led to low dsrs all in a little batch, which led to me recieve the boot. I am in the process of appealing, but pretty much fed up with it all. Ebay is far nicer.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Hallo and welcome! Lovely to see you (from another long term ebayer who left recently - a variety of things: stalking & harrassment from idiots on there with ebay not interested, leading to malicious buying, which led to low dsrs all in a little batch, which led to me recieve the boot. I am in the process of appealing, but pretty much fed up with it all. Ebay is far nicer.
    Oops Freudian slip

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

uggghhh the joys of being up late dealing with panicking actors for a production of Les Mis! ...... ebid.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karij1980 View Post
    Well, been a member of ebay just under 10 years,.... 2 weeks ago they told Paypal to hold payments made by buyers til I sent the items out - not sure how I was supposed to do this without getting money from Paypal for it! Last week, they suspended my selling account over a low seller rating - postage time mainly, even though this is clearly stated in all my listings. So now, i am no longer allowed to sell on there or set up another account! So much for loyalty! And was told lie after lie after lie! Now they are refusing to answer my messges.... so...

Hello ebid!!

Welcome to ebid. I too was an ebay member for over 10 years as a buyer and a seller. They have just informed me that I can only list 100 items per month unless I upgrade to a business seller listing costs 15p

As you say, so much for loyalty. Stick with ebid, it takes time but we will get there in the end.

Best wishes
    Alan

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net

http://alanspotcards.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by Karij1980 View Post
    Well, been a member of ebay just under 10 years,.... 2 weeks ago they told Paypal to hold payments made by buyers til I sent the items out - not sure how I was supposed to do this without getting money from Paypal for it! Last week, they suspended my selling account over a low seller rating - postage time mainly, even though this is clearly stated in all my listings. So now, i am no longer allowed to sell on there or set up another account! So much for loyalty! And was told lie after lie after lie! Now they are refusing to answer my messges.... so...

Hello ebid!!

Hi and welcome.I'm happy to say I just had my first sale here,after leaving Feebay.I was kind of skeptical first,but it seems like this could be a good place to sell if you just put a little effort into it.It might be a little slow at first,but just keep posting and you will eventually make some sales.I was a little frustrated at the beginning,but I understand now what the forum members were trying to tell me.My apologies to them and I see Ebid from a different point of view now,and I'm willing to keep trying.You don't really have anything to lose and a lot to gain.
    Good luck and lots of sales to you too.

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rsantiqueshop View Post
    Hi and welcome.I'm happy to say I just had my first sale here,after leaving Feebay.I was kind of skeptical first,but it seems like this could be a good place to sell if you just put a little effort into it.It might be a little slow at first,but just keep posting and you will eventually make some sales.I was a little frustrated at the beginning,but I understand now what the forum members were trying to tell me.My apologies to them and I see Ebid from a different point of view now,and I'm willing to keep trying.You don't really have anything to lose and a lot to gain.
    Glad you have made a sale rsantiqueshop. Good luck.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Forum Newbie
    Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View Karij1980's Feedback (+9216)
    All-About Karij1980
    View Karij1980's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Yeah, my boyfriend wondered if it was someone being malicious towards me...... I've tried appealing too, even asking if they were now going to pay my bills, pay for my stock and order food for me as effectively they had taken away all means of living. They refused to answer that and an email with the conversations with their agents which details all their false promises and lies........ nothing budged!

Ah well, I'm here now and looking forward to building my business on here

Thank you all for your kind welcomes and support

Quote Originally Posted by rsantiqueshop View Post
    Congratulations on that first and may it be the first of many. I have been here 3 years and my monthly sales are running at about 1000% of my first month. It can take a while to get established and it can take effort and be a little frustrating at times, but trust me it is worth the effort. And as the eBay culls continue eBid will grow. It will also grow as more like yourself realise that things are a little different and start to use the platform to it's full potential. When that happens people stay with us and the site gains not just listings but visible, useful listings and sales. The FVFon those sales might be small but if they can get multiplied by hundreds and then thousands eBid will get more resources to help build the site even more.

Hi

I've been on here around 3 months now, but just starting to get thinks listed, when I look around the site, it doesn't seem
    like many items are getting much traffic, with some listings been listed for over a year with no sales, I think I'll have to start doing my own
    adwords and bing PPC campaigns to start the ball rolling :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Discountcraftstore View Post
    Hi

I've been on here around 3 months now, but just starting to get thinks listed, when I look around the site, it doesn't seem
    like many items are getting much traffic, with some listings been listed for over a year with no sales, I think I'll have to start doing my own
    adwords and bing PPC campaigns to start the ball rolling :-)
    Well it took me about 3 months or longer to make my first sale.I got to the point that I was so frustrated because I could not sell what I had,that I said to myself to the hell with it.I would never going to sell my stuff here,and removed my items.For some reason I decided to list again and " Bingo". The day that I was not expecting it,I saw bids on my item and eventually a sale.Boy was I surprised!!!Now I realized that there is potential for sales here,just need to be a little patient,do a little homework,and most important : Listen to the good advice given here,they know exactly what they are talking about.I am very excited.Thanks to all.If I can do it,anyone can,trust me.

Thread Information