Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very impressed!

Talking Very impressed!

Hi everyone. just joined yesterday after enduring years of dictatorship from rival site. 10% added to postage fees on so said site was the final straw. Absolutely love eBid site and found it very easy to list items once I had got the hang of it. Just needs some more publicity, I only found out about eBid's existance from forums on rival site. I would be more than happy to donate some money to an advertising fund to end rivals monopoly of the market. Would be interested to know what others think!

Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View brian64's Feedback (+125)
    All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Very impressed!

Hello yooneekdancewear and welcome to ebid. Not having an advertising budget seems to be the biggest downside of this site. I only joined the site at the end of Oct and like you i only found out about the site on another forum.
    There are plenty of tips on the site for promoting your items on social network sites etc.I would recommend you join the ebid Pinterest boards and pin your items there.

Oh goodo both of you, Squern and I have been doing our best on the forums over there (without getting banned, of course!) so nice to know that word is getting out

All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaranvalesasterix View Post
    Oh goodo both of you, Squern and I have been doing our best on the forums over there (without getting banned, of course!) so nice to know that word is getting out
    Yes you do need to be careful you don't get banned over there i have never posted on the forums on there the forums here are much friendlier.
    I have been naughty though and started attaching my ebid business card to my packaging slips from orders over there.No doubt i will get into trouble if someone reports me for it but i am not that bothered to be honest.

Welcome. There are many good things about eBid. It's different here than on the bay, and there isn't bay traffic here, so a person must be well aware of that and change their selling strategy somewhat, in my opinion.

Forum Newbie
    Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View customcoversuk's Feedback (+2232)
    All-About customcoversuk
    View customcoversuk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yooneekdancewear View Post
    Hi everyone. just joined yesterday after enduring years of dictatorship from rival site. 10% added to postage fees on so said site was the final straw. Absolutely love eBid site and found it very easy to list items once I had got the hang of it. Just needs some more publicity, I only found out about eBid's existance from forums on rival site. I would be more than happy to donate some money to an advertising fund to end rivals monopoly of the market. Would be interested to know what others think!
    welcome I am the same as you (selling difference items) how did you manage to import you ebay feedback as I feel with my zero here and 2200 positive on ebay it would help kickstart my sales

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by customcoversuk View Post
    welcome I am the same as you (selling difference items) how did you manage to import you ebay feedback as I feel with my zero here and 2200 positive on ebay it would help kickstart my sales
    See: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0006

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can also kickstart your sales by contacting all your old customers.
    You can get their e-mail addresses from Paypal, by clicking on history. You can go back several years, and you might be surprised how many you get. Since you already have a relationship with them, it is not spam. Although I would advise caution in the message.

Conventional sales wisdom says that it is easier to sell to someone who has already bought from you, than someone who hasn't

All-About brian64
    View brian64's Listings
    Forum Posts

customcoversuk go to your feedback page and click on the Tab IMPORT FB there are full instructions there

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brian64 View Post
    I have been naughty though and started attaching my ebid business card to my packaging slips from orders over there.No doubt i will get into trouble if someone reports me for it but i am not that bothered to be honest.
    I've been doing that for years - I don't sell much over there these days but I used to.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information