eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Shopping Policies - No bullet points, no watermarks, and no policy details??

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shopping Policies - No bullet points, no watermarks, and no policy details

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I could be totally wrong (and sometimes I am!), but isn't it true that Google Shopping's new rules apply only to the listing title line and the first 250 characters in the listing??
    I thought that too iwiw. I always understand Google picks up the title (hence key words) and, after googlling items they still show the first 250 characters from the listings.

Forum Newbie
    View SafeCare's Feedback (+296)
    All-About SafeCare
    View SafeCare's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shopping Policies - No bullet points, no watermarks, and no policy details

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I could be totally wrong (and sometimes I am!), but isn't it true that Google Shopping's new rules apply only to the listing title line and the first 250 characters in the listing??
    That would be nice, if when Google refer in their rules to 'description' and 'listings' (as in original link above) they are referring only to the title and the first 250 characters only. Can anyone else confirm on that please, and make us happy..!?

Maybe lakeleilani could confirm re post #4 above whether the bullet points Google removed were in the first 250 characters of the listing, or further on into the listing...?

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SafeCare View Post
    That would be nice, if when Google refer in their rules to 'description' and 'listings' (as in original link above) they are referring only to the title and the first 250 characters only. Can anyone else confirm on that please, and make us happy..!?

Maybe lakeleilani could confirm re post #4 above whether the bullet points Google removed were in the first 250 characters of the listing, or further on into the listing...?
    Yes, the bullet points would have been within the first 250 characters, as my descriptions are not very long.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakeleilani View Post
    Yes, the bullet points would have been within the first 250 characters, as my descriptions are not very long.
    Yes, I think that's why Google isn't uploading them...your bullets are within the first 250 character limit (example: your listing # 119493989). You might try adding some more descriptive text before the bullet lists, maybe?

Forum Newbie
    View SafeCare's Feedback (+296)
    All-About SafeCare
    View SafeCare's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you, and to everyone - that is encouraging at least!

Ho boy. So my forbidden reference to the All About the Seller page is safe, but ALL my listings have bullet points in the descriptions. I can't seem to fix it with the bulk edit, so guess what I'll be doing for the next several months. 8,000+ listings!!!!

Stoke-on-trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View 0ld1ron's Feedback (+65)
    All-About 0ld1ron
    View 0ld1ron's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interested in this subject as for a Logo/Watermark on pictures so that the view would see the owners (me in this case) watermark and possibly eBid Logo so not only would the image be safely kept yours but eBid would get a mention.

Then the last post above got me as I too have bullets or Unordered Lists.

So tried to search for them too in Bulk Edit using the Special HTML ASCII sets with no joy.

Bulk Edit possibly just searched the WYSIWYG and not the HTML. If the HTML could be narrowed down as an option to search then possibly this would help.

You may also have nearly finished the edit by now though.

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/htmlchrc.html

A fine selection of quality used items for UK residents.

Have fun buying and selling
    Join eBid World Wide at www.ebid.net/ and choose location
    or pop to UK eBid at uk.ebid.net/ and join in.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

This posting is a good wake-up for me to check my listings - thanks

I also have a question: do the first 250 characters include spaces, I wonder? Could be a way of overcoming the criteria needed if necessary...

Also note that I have one or two listing where my listing image has a watermark; to date these are picked up on a google shopping search - have I just been lucky?

Stoke-on-trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View 0ld1ron's Feedback (+65)
    All-About 0ld1ron
    View 0ld1ron's Listings
    Forum Posts

The adding of 250 null characters is the way forward on thousands of listings that's for sure 20sent06

I'm glad I'm just starting out May have a closed day soon, due to staff training

A fine selection of quality used items for UK residents.

Have fun buying and selling
    Join eBid World Wide at www.ebid.net/ and choose location
    or pop to UK eBid at uk.ebid.net/ and join in.

Thread Information