Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help For a Newbie: Auction Listings

Smile Help For a Newbie: Auction Listings

Hello all,

I am completely new to Ebid. Well, I registered for free about four years ago and now I have finally upgraded to Seller + for lifetime. I was a but slow on the uptake! Anyway, a little introduction about; I have been selling on feebay for years. Made quite a lot of money but they take a lot and I only list on the free listing weekends. I am a freelancer so the money really helps. Getting married next year and have a lot of outgoing to going to be listing lots of stuff here.

So here is my question: If I list things on auction and they auto relist 10 times, after that can I still relist again? Or should I just put the stuff in a shop. I have 46 things listed and lots more to go. It is quite a lot of work as being on a Mac means I cannot Turbolist from Ebay. Should I just put the stuff in a shop?

Any advice and tips on this or anything else would be very much appreciated.

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help For a Newbie: Auction Listings

You can manually relist them after the 10 times at no cost. You can establish your own 'shops' within eBid to separate your different types of items. You pick what category your store will be in. If you press on 'Stores' at the top of the main page, you will see how everyone else has categorised their stores.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Put them in a shop or shops, you get 5 free. Also list on 7-10 dal listings with 10 Auto Reposts, you can relist them again if you need to after the Auto reposts have completed.

Main things in my opinion are price them to sell, obviously you want to make a profit, but with the lower fees you should be able to list at a competitive price. Use good keywords. Finally make sure you do what is needed to get your listings on Google and Google Shopping.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

You should put the stuff in a shop anyway. Its free to seller+ and you'll get more exposure. You are better to list and auto-relist as then your listings will move up the page and have a better chance of getting viewed. Remember to use keywords in your title and to add a barcode and brand so they get uplisted to google. From your listings pages you can auto-post to facebook, twitter etc. Add your store links to your signature so each of your forum posts direct people to your shop. You do have to do quite a lot of self promotion but if you do you will get the sales. Welcome to the forums and happy selling
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thank you so much everyone. I am overwhelmed at how nice everyone is. Much appreciated. ;-)

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also you can take up to 5 photos of your items (included in the seller +) so you can do close ups etc of the item you are selling.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Put them in a shop or shops, you get 5 free. Also list on 7-10 dal listings with 10 Auto Reposts, you can relist them again if you need to after the Auto reposts have completed.

Main things in my opinion are price them to sell, obviously you want to make a profit, but with the lower fees you should be able to list at a competitive price. Use good keywords. Finally make sure you do what is needed to get your listings on Google and Google Shopping.
    Agree.
    You should put the stuff in a shop anyway. Its free to seller+ and you'll get more exposure.

If the OP looks through the promote ebid & your stores threads there are sellers with small web sites who will add each store to their small web sites.
    The more stores that are added the more advertising for the seller

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

agreed, and then if you want to share the shop link online anywhere, it is easier for people to find your goods.

Thread Information