eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Three markets (ebid only 1)

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Three markets (ebid only 1)

I have been doing a bit of thinking.

When it comes to online auction (?) selling (dur) really market places. I think there are 3 broad categories

Antiques and Collectibles
    Household clutter
    New Stuff

I think most things for sale on auction sites fit into one of those categories.

By household clutter I mean stuff that people are selling that they no longer need, Furniture, appliances, drum sets, clothes etc.

When it comes to ebid I think it does have quite a few low cost collectibles listed so the first category is covered.

But there is very little household clutter and very little new stuff.

Now think if ebid could somehow get people to list much more in those 2 categories think how much better ebid would be as a whole.

You could add vehicles as a fourth category. (ebay and Trademe do very well with that)

What do you think ?

Forum Lurker
    View DancingForRain's Feedback (+2249)
    All-About DancingForRain
    View DancingForRain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Three markets (ebid only 1)

I don't really know what to think of your 'suggestions'.

I am listing 'new' items daily, thats all I can do.

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View thebeddingman's Feedback (+239)
    All-About thebeddingman
    View thebeddingman's Listings
    Forum Posts

The main issue with "New Stuff" is that you are not going to get many sellers any bigger than me without more automation. You need the API to link inventory and automated feedback, invoice printing, dispatch marking, message replies etc, because doing it manually requires staff and staff cost money.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Used
    refurbished
    returns
    shelf pulls
    salvage

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good comments.

I see virtually none of my household clutter category on here, yet here in NZ on our TM site it is a big seller.

I think Kreative sells new stuff and due to the fact that there is so little new stuff on ebid that may be why he does so well. I think he knows where to get it from in small quantities.

As for big sellers of new stuff we all know that ebid needs an API. (So do they)

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View thebeddingman's Feedback (+239)
    All-About thebeddingman
    View thebeddingman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Kreative is an excellent seller for Ebid - and a much braver person than me. I can get a similar wide variety of goodies in small(ish) quantities, but stick to what I know. Having such a diverse range creates it's own difficulties in terms of customer support, postage options, packaging requirements, product knowledge etc.etc.
    An amazing achievement to have such good feedback under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Good comments.

I see virtually none of my household clutter category on here, yet here in NZ on our TM site it is a big seller.

I think Kreative sells new stuff and due to the fact that there is so little new stuff on ebid that may be why he does so well. I think he knows where to get it from in small quantities.

As for big sellers of new stuff we all know that ebid needs an API. (So do they)
    I'm listing as fast as I can!

In order to get more sellers of new items, or any other type of items eBid needs a few things, but most of all it needs recognition by buyers. We all know that there are a lot of eBayers who would jump at the chance to move, but they will only do so if they have a venue where they can make the sales almost instantly. If they want the big sellers then they need the API.

Sellers usually do not always have the time to build on a new site as I have done, though they would profit from it if they spent the time to do so while still trading on eBay or Amazon. Hopefully we will attract a few more, and that will attract more buyers. I have already exceeded my highest sales by value in a month in October and will post the figures on either the Positive thread or the October sales thread (or both). I might also try to get a follow up article on Tamebay to the one they did over a year ago. I am still a bit away from being able to make a living solely from eBid, but it is getting closer and if current growth continues then 2014 might see that happen.

But I am not alone in doing well. This might be my best month, yet I have only appeared on the 'Hot Sellers' list for a day, so there are plenty of others making good sales

I just wish there was a 'new other' selection box here.
    All there is at the moment is
    New
    Used
    Unused
    Refurbished.

To me, unused could mean various things, I sell most of my main stores stock as new (because it is) and simply state that the box may "have seen better days" or in some cases that the box / packaging is battered.

So back to the OP
    I don't list in the collectables as a used collectable.
    I don't sell my household clutter on my name here, that is done by Paul (prism2) but not that much household clutter is sold as when we have done with it, it's either broken beyond repair or just not something that I would like to sell on.
    So I sell lots of "new" but with packaging that has seen better days and TBH I have increased my sales by a huge amount.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't sold anything for awhile.

Dying to go fishing again,

I'm listing all my good stuff now.

AH well.
    Roll up!Roll up!

Thread Information