eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: eBid on Toy Story ABC Halloween Special

Default Re: eBid on Toy Story ABC Halloween Special

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I really hope there wasn't. If there was eBid should have been better prepared to capitalise on it.
    Well I would of thought that Disney's legal team would be careful when using someone else's logo but I suppose we will never know !

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

I totally agree Burgy. If there wasn't an agreement already with Disney beforehand to use the eBid logo I would still be jumping for joy if I was Gazza or Mark ! This is a great chance for publicity and should be used to full advantage.

Agree. As quietly as this is kept, I am jumping for joy about eBid's seemingly unexpected opportunity.

I really hope there wasn't. If there was eBid should have been better prepared to capitalise on it.
    There probably wasn't. However, unexpected opportunity or "fate", can be a much more powerful tool than any level of "preparation".

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

No disrespect to 'da boys' but maybe they don't have the marketing skills needed to make the most of this potential windfall. Neither of their backgrounds is in marketing AFAIAA.
    Look how successful Richard Branson turned out

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Well I would of thought that Disney's legal team would be careful when using someone else's logo...
    That would depend on if eBid's logo is protected. According to my search the current eBid logo is not registered - the old red one is.

Really not my field (and haven't seen the film) but I wouldn't have thought showing someone using the site would be classed as a violation of eBid's rights. Plus, eBid stand to benefit as all advertising is good advertising.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

That would depend on if eBid's logo is protected. According to my search the current eBid logo is not registered - the old red one is.

Really not my field (and haven't seen the film) but I wouldn't have thought showing someone using the site would be classed as a violation of eBid's rights. Plus, eBid stand to benefit as all advertising is good advertising.
    This actually should have been the first order of business; before it was placed in use. That is why I will stand by my original statement, that "the busy work" "priority activities" are the behind the scene planning, with professional advisors in areas of business development, marketing, law, advertizing, etc. This kind of behind the scene preparation, allows one to leap on such opportunities as Toy Story with greater ease.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Look how successful Richard Branson turned out
    One of a special breed that just seem to instinctively know how to make money (wish I was like him). But then have to put in the hard work to make it happen (so maybe glad I'm not).

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Can sometimes relate to the "drag their feet" syndrome, even for seeming potential gain. Was offerred inclusion in extremely high profile TV advertisement spot for "my business"..........I dragged my feet. For some strange reason it seemed the thing to do. I reasoned that if it is to be, it will be. eBid is a part of my overall "business plan", so may have very well gotten some mention along with the rest of it. Strangely though, still not grieved by my decision, for whatever the reason. I might add the profile coverage would have topped Disney Pixar "Wood Toy".........
    Now I think I might have a better idea of "why" my feet were dragging. I do not have the proper resources yet to fully protect my plans. If shared with corporate sorts, etc. before the proper protections are in place, one's rights can be negatively impacted (not fully protected). Hence, the need to proceed with caution. But if unexpected opportunity arises, plans may have to be adjusted accordingly.

Default Facebook Event - Save Woody!

Save Woody!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/732434466770926/

Oh No! Many of us grew up with this wee fella and now he is in trouble!

It seems that Woody has been ‘taken’ and we have real concerns for his safety.

We are therefore taking the unusual step of inviting all concerned citizens to an event to put our heads together and see if we can’t come up with a way to prevent Woody falling into the wrong hands. We need to come up with a rescue plan and we need your help with ideas.

Please join the event and help us save Woody and his friends!
    Once you join the event be sure to invite all your friends to the event by inviting them via the event invite button.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Mark; 20th October 2013 at 07:48 PM.
    http://www.ebid.net
    Home of the Zero Fee Online Auction
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn

Forum Lurker
    View james1968's Feedback (+159)
    All-About james1968
    View james1968's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Facebook Event - Save Woody!

In UK Law, you don't need to specifically register or copyright a logo for it to become protected.
    If Ebid is a limited company then so long as they have a copy somewhere of the logo, then it is copyrighted.

Same as if I took a photograph. I don't need to do anything to protect it as it is automatically copyrighted the moment I press the shutter.
    All good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait.....

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Facebook Event - Save Woody!

Disney is a USA Company............and Woody is located in the USA............as well his friends and mother!

Thread Information