Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pintrest

Default Re: Pintrest

Think i will give up on pintrest, i created a board & pinned 2 things there last night, but when i do a search my board don't show in results & if i click to show my pins only they do not show either, I didn't set the board to be a secret so don't know what is going on. Sent a message to their help center but no reply from them.

Guess that is why i don't mess with social media much, to darn difficult to learn at my age.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Think i will give up on pintrest, i created a board & pinned 2 things there last night, but when i do a search my board don't show in results & if i click to show my pins only they do not show either, I didn't set the board to be a secret so don't know what is going on. Sent a message to their help center but no reply from them.

Guess that is why i don't mess with social media much, to darn difficult to learn at my age.
    Hi, not sure what's happened there. I pin regularly and a fair few of my recent sales have been for items that I have pinned. Now this could be pure coincidence, I'm not sure. But it does make me pin more.

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    Hi, not sure what's happened there. I pin regularly and a fair few of my recent sales have been for items that I have pinned. Now this could be pure coincidence, I'm not sure. But it does make me pin more.
    When you say it makes you pin more, what do you mean, do you have to have so many pins on your board for it to show on search results.

I dont have items for sale on eBid yet waiting to see if i can learn pintrest 1st, just pinned 2 i liked to my board. But when i do a search my board does not show in results.

Now it really gets weird, I got an email from ebid support saying the following.
    Hi Ray,

The user at Pinterest you have indicated as being your Pinterest username does
    not exist.

I checked pintrest & the user name was correct, could this be why my boards are not showing in pintrest searches, is there a setting i may have missed, uuuuggggghhhh.

I have given up on it at the moment, I might put a day aside when I have one to spare. Every time I have tried to get on to it, it wont let me, I then get an email acknowledging that I have a problem logging in and letting me log on to change my password, which I have to have a different one every time as it wont let me use the one I have.
    Then next time I have to go through it all again. If I try to do anything it wants me to log in again and then I just go round in circles. I did hit on the link on ebid the other day but have not heard anything probably because it doesn't know who I am. Not sure if I did after I had been on there an hour.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Did you give eBid the link to your Pinterest board?
    If not, go to "your board" & copy the address in the browser bar & give it to ebid.
    The address will say something like
    www.pinterest dot com/rayWhatever/board etc.
    I presume you have also "followed" all of eBids boards?

I also don't understand what you mean by "searching" what & where are you searching?

I'm not sure how long it takes to get noticed or found in searches, but its true to say that the more pins you have, the more likely it will be that people will find you & start re-pinning your stuff.
    Without any listings ATM, you are defeating the purpose of pinning in the first instance.
    I would suggest you list some items & then pin them on the appropriate eBid boards.

I know it didn't take very long for my gems board to get some notice.(couple of days)
    But I haven't bothered searching for it on google or anywhere - perhaps it won't show up either???
    Don't give up yet - this is worth persisting with & you're very close to being set up!
    Hope this helps. Allen.

Yes I gave them my user name from pintrest, I just redid it again & now i am getting ebids notice to pin to the different boards so that part is going good.
    What i mean by searches is that when i am on pintrest I do a search for boards, for example i put in CGC comics & i see the results of other peoples boards with CGC comics, but i dont see my board i made & have pinned a couple CGC comics that i lked to my board, not sure but maybe only other people can see your boards in searches, will experiment with that as well.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

I found this one & just followed you.

eBid r following you also!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/299067231476235087/

Last edited by Oldandintheway; 5th October 2013 at 08:33 PM. Reason: added info.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just started a pin board as well - it seems to be recommended here.
    It's an interesting idea - we'll have to wait and see. If you put the url on the forum here, people could visit.
    Mine is http://www.pinterest.com/johnsquern/pins/.
    Regards

Thanks, when you searched did it show my board or did it just show the individual pin i had done & how do i go about following you, i already follow all the ebid boards is there a way to follow you or do i have to follow all the ebid boards again that you have.

Thread Information