My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Scan Documents

Red face Scan Documents

Not sure what this is all about,but some people claim they had to scan personal documents to send to EBID.Is this always happens when you do sell an item or is it for the registration process?Can someone clarify this for me?
    Thanks.

Default Re: Scan Documents

eBid sometimes ask for further documentation from members. I personally did not have to send anything. It can be triggered by sellers who list expensive items but there could be other triggers.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What Kreative said; sometimes new members who list high ticket items are asked for ID doc's. From what I've read, the ID verification process is fairly rapid and painless. If you have questions you can always contact eBid support: support@ebid.net for clarification, they're very good about answering member questions in a timely and informative fashion.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I wasn't asked for any but I seem to remember it had something to do with already having a paypal account

One of eBid's USPs (Unique Selling Propositions) that helps to differentiate it from some of the other auction sites but which for some unknown reason never really gets publicised is that the eBid management do try to exercise some kind of identity verification and quality control over who is allowed to become an eBid member and who is allowed to sell here. Whilst having to send scans might seem like an inconvenience, it is part of a process of trying to maintain good standards on the eBid site.

This just happened to me. I am still waiting for E-Bids to free up my account. I do sell expensive Perfumes. I am really glad to know that they have security measures in place to keep E-Bids a safe place for Sellers and Buyers. My only issue might be that the Perfume wholesaler I am in touch with, is actually selling on this very site as well.
    I had to upload a few documents so they could verify that I am a reputable seller. I also requested all my feedback from the other site I sold on so people might feel more comfortable having my history of selling to refer to.
    I wish that e-bids would please release my freeze so I can continue to add more great beauty products PLEASE

Question Re: Scan Documents

I am locked out of my account right now still, and I have done as E-Bids asked. I have scanned the required documents E-Bids asked for. The note to me after the upload says my account would be re-accessable to me shortly. It is still locked out. ( all day) Can you please release my account or let me know what to do to free my account back up so I may continue to sell? Thank You very much.

marilynjmiller01, please bear in mind that the Support team are UK based and it is the middle of the night here, so any response from them will take a while. They are usually pretty good at solving these sort of issues, so don't despair.

Thread Information