Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Response To Chevers "YDC Totals From 2010 ~"

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Response To Chevers "YDC Totals From 2010 ~"

Hi Cheaver,

I noticed that a good deal of the YDC USA figures are not there in your spread sheet. The year 2010 saw alot of dynamic changes with the structure of YDC, and that may explain why so much of the information for that year is not on your sheet.

I looked at my figures for YDC73 thru YDC 82 mainly for USA data, as the UK data was more complete. I am not really comfortable handling this in a pm message, as YDC fund reconciliations have been historically transparent. So I will post my information here, if anyone sees a discrepancy with my information, it can be further checked and changed.

Please compare imfo to your posted thread (see link attached): http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...tals-from-2010

Feb. 9, 2010 "YDC73 USA Tally Thread" Wyocowgirl nominated Cheyene Animal Shelter (USA) Charity ($63.91); Other USA Charities ($88.23) Note: See Final Tally on Post #13 dated 2/23/2010

March 6, 2010 "YDC74 USA Deborah Tally" Burgyeb nominated Deborah Heart & Lung Center (USA) Charity ($135.00); Other USA Charities ($50.64)

April 3, 2010 "YDC75 USA Tally" Texasada nominated Big Brothers Big Sisters (USA) Charity ($115.19); Other USA Charities ($48.40) Note: See Final Tally on Post # 31

April 30, 2010 "YDC76 USA Tally" Burgyeb nominated American Heart Association (USA) Nominated Charity ($627.71) ; American Cancer Society [ACS] (Other - $100.00*) *Note: All proceeds were from the purchase of the Kitchen Table Quilt & the Matching Wall Hanger. The donation to ACS was taken from the total proceeds by Burgyeb and forwarded to Gramma111 for ACS. The selection of a charity(s) was a part of these special listings by Shezz.
    Note: YDC76 was the last YDC with 2 Main Nominated Charities. See "YDC76 Announcement Thread", April 19, 2010.

June 15, 2010 "YDC77 Tally For Alternative Charities" - Donations listed but not summarized on thread for "Other Charities"

June 27, 2010 "YDC78 USA* Tally" Wyocowgirl nominated Horse Rescue USA* as the main nominated charity (UK/USA)* Charity (232.61 GBP/$353.55). Note: 232.61 GBP is listed on the spread sheet as "other" but this was the nominated charity.

July 27, 2010 "YDC79 Tally Thread" by Vonz Lilused nominated Good Shepherd Manor (USA) Charity received $125.00 from Lilused directly + $106 or more was sent to the charity by others. See "Thank You For YDC79 Support" thread posted by Lilused, post #10 for clarification.

August 28, 2010 "YDC80 Tally Adam's Appeal" Meebo1 nominated Adamsappeal.org

September 28, 2010 YDC81 Tally - (ok ?) - Keepsakesbydesign nominated Doctor's Without Boarders [stats on sheet]

October 28, 2010 YDC82 Tally "Donation Payments For Ronald McDonald House" Burgyeb nominated RMH (USA) Charity ($432.00); Note: "Other USA Charities" are reported on the spread sheet.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Response To Chevers "YDC Totals From 2010 ~"

Thank You Burgy. I've done what I can to the stats to put in the extra information. (I'm hoping I've got it right but would be glad if it was checked again.)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Cheaver. I went back in and checked what I could. Was able to see some changes clearly.

You seem to have patience for dealing with these types of details. Kudos to you. Will start by trying to make sure we are looking at the information the same. My tallies from YDC73 through YDC76 reflect when YDC had two main nominated charities. One nominated charity was selected by the winning UK YDCer, and the second nominated charity was selected by the winning USA YDCer. The totals for the two nominated charities were done separately, often in separate threads, as long a we had a willing and able number cruncher.

The information I posted came only from actual USA Tally Threads for YDC73, YDC74, YDC75, and YDC76. The structure of YDC changed after YDC76; they changed to having only one nominated charity representing the unified (UK/USA YDC). So there were some numbers in your first column in GBPs. I am unable to see your column labels, so there is a possibility that we will not be on page one together.

I was thinking your first column represented the UK YDC Nominated Charity. If that is so, than the information I posted can not be added to the first column for YDC73 thru YDC76. My posted information for those specific YDC's would need to be placed in another column for USA YDC Nominated Charity and Other USA Charities (2 different columns). The same thing would be true for the UK YDC Nominated Charity during that period of time. There are more YDCs included in the two nominated YDC's structure, but the start of that would have to be determined. Record keeping would then ease up as there would be only one combined nominated charity to keep up with. Hence patience is golden, and you have it. Also letting you know the changes I clearly see; some that are not as apparent; and seeking clarification when needed.

Is there any way you can show the column headings, or indicate what the are?

This is what I see clearly or unclearly:

YDC73 - Imfo is only in column 1 - Did you combine my imfo to what was there? There should be at least 4 imfo entries during this time frame.

YDC74 - I see all USA YDC Enries from my post; but there is also a UK YDC Charity for this time frame, 4 imfo entries " " " "

YDC75 - I see imfo for UK YDC (Help For Heros) ; see notes above for YDC93

YDC76 - I see imfo for UK YDC (RNLI); see notes above for YDC93

Note: 4 sets of imfo entries could be separate columns across, or by adding a 2nd line, ie, YDC73 RNLI
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************** YDC73 Cheyene Animal Shelter

YDC78; YDC79; and YDC82 are all fine with the adjustments

Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts Cheaver.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi again Burgy, I had no idea that there were 2 nominated Charities running simultaneously both in UK & the US, but, of course, this was before I joined eBid. Now I know why I struggled so badly to try to get to grips with it all when I started compiling the stats!
    I think it would be a better idea for someone to do the stats for the US separately & then I will willingly add them to the stats thread.
    I really don't have the time to start all over!!!! Sorry!
    There are no labels on the calc sheet - just the info you can see.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I absolutely admire your bravery for taking on such a daunting task. The 2 separate YDCs (UK & USA) ran for only a certain period of time. That is an important piece of YDC history. Once that is cleared up, and I can see if I'm able to track down more imfo on it, things will be much easier to record. I could bring the past information here, if you would be able to add it on. It my take me some time, so do not worry about information overload. I think the imfo you started out with was largely UK Nominated Charity and UK Other Charities, unless the details said differently. I would just continue on requesting others to bring in their bits and pieces of information as they are able to locate it.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Hi again Burgy, I had no idea that there were 2 nominated Charities running simultaneously both in UK & the US, but, of course, this was before I joined eBid. Now I know why I struggled so badly to try to get to grips with it all when I started compiling the stats!
    I think it would be a better idea for someone to do the stats for the US separately & then I will willingly add them to the stats thread.
    I really don't have the time to start all over!!!! Sorry!
    There are no labels on the calc sheet - just the info you can see
    Right now when the YDC are running, the one who nominates the charity or a proxy does the Tally Thread, and it is only for the one nominated charity, and usually "other charities as a group".

You do not have to start over, just continue forward and add any available information as others provide. I would confirm with whoever provided you with the graphs, just what those columns represent, then just go forward from there.

P.S. Not only were they running simultaneously, they were in stark competition to out do the other at every turn. It was great fun in my opinion.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I agree that it is important to include the US Nominated Charities which ran in tandem with UK Nomiated Charities in the stats. Otherwise the YDC picture/history is incomplete.
    It would be easier for me to do a separate spreadsheet for the short period of time for the US ones you mention which I could then add into #1 of the Stats thread. Unless you would prefer to do your own spreadsheet & send it to me for inclusion?
    If you could follow the same format as I have done for the UK it would be appreciated.
    Thanks for considering my poor brain re info overload!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am a novice with a spread sheet format. The USA YDC had Gramma who did our spread sheet tallys, but she is no longer a user. No one has ever stepped up to the plate since. Would you be able to pull imfo from what I send, in the same manner you have done? No need to include the narrative content. I was thinking just add them on your existing sheet as a line item, like:

2010 YDC

73 RNLI (UK)
    73 Cheyene Animal Shelter (USA)
    74 (UK)
    74 Deborah Heart & Lung (USA)

*Was thinking you could use your existng 4 columns already available for the additional line item

Would you be able to enter the information on the line items (same imfo, not narrative)

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have another look at my Stats thread.... I have "given it a go" lol!
    Tell me if there are any mistakes.
    I didn't want to use additional columns - it would have made the whole stats thread incredibly wide on a screenshot and we are only talking about a limited period of time anyway.
    okee dokee, that's my brain done! Heading off to my bed shortly. If you see errors or find more info let me know.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think I know what your column titles are:

1st Column - YDC Designation

2nd Column - Nominated Charity Name

3rd Column - Donation Amount (Originally GBP)

4th Column - Donation Amount (Originally $)

5th Column - "Other Charities"

6th Column - GBP + USA Donations from "Other Charities"

Thread Information