eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebid is partnered w/Google why do they not promo it and get us the buys we need!!!!

Default Re: Ebid is partnered w/Google why do they not promo it and get us the buys we need!!

OK, look at it this way:

Cost of advertising in one country, properly covering cheap TV, radio and newspaper adverts - conservative guess: £100,000 for one week.
    eBid members would not accept advertising in just one country, so multiply that figure by ten to cover the major territories. Now we're at one million pounds for one week.
    No advertising campaign is effective if it only runs for one week. So let's be realistic and run for ten weeks spread out over a three or four month period. Now our costs are up to ten million pounds.

eBid has an active membership of ..... well, we don't know for sure, but let's be generous and guess at 100,000. So if everyone puts in £1 - £5 each we would be short by £95 - £99 per person. And that assumes that absolutely every active member pays in.

This also assumes that the cheap advertising option is available in each area and that eBid are able to locate and negotiate suitable deals to create adverts in the local language for each location.

Realistically, this isn't going to happen.

eBid is not Feebay. eBid do not have the money, time or resources to advertise in the manner that people are demanding.

Default Re: Ebid is partnered w/Google why do they not promo it and get us the buys we need!!

There have been requests for eBid to sell their packaging tape & other branded products for real money instead of buddy point auctions only, that way sellers could buy it & use them to help promote eBid.
    It would be a win win for ebid, they would make a profit off selling us the items & it would help get the word out about ebid.

But they are not even interested in helping us that way even though they would make money.

That's an idea...Have you asked anyone with that power? I don't have money or pts but I could work. Thanks and keep trying!

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    There have been requests for eBid to sell their packaging tape & other branded products for real money instead of buddy point auctions only, that way sellers could buy it & use them to help promote eBid.
    It would be a win win for ebid, they would make a profit off selling us the items & it would help get the word out about ebid.

But they are not even interested in helping us that way even though they would make money.

This is why my idea is to get someone experience and very good to do a massive internet campain! What do ya think of that. Also my orig Q of being partnered with Google. Why don't they rank and promo us?
    Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    OK, look at it this way:

Cost of advertising in one country, properly covering cheap TV, radio and newspaper adverts - conservative guess: £100,000 for one week.
    eBid members would not accept advertising in just one country, so multiply that figure by ten to cover the major territories. Now we're at one million pounds for one week.
    No advertising campaign is effective if it only runs for one week. So let's be realistic and run for ten weeks spread out over a three or four month period. Now our costs are up to ten million pounds.

eBid has an active membership of ..... well, we don't know for sure, but let's be generous and guess at 100,000. So if everyone puts in £1 - £5 each we would be short by £95 - £99 per person. And that assumes that absolutely every active member pays in.

This also assumes that the cheap advertising option is available in each area and that eBid are able to locate and negotiate suitable deals to create adverts in the local language for each location.

Realistically, this isn't going to happen.

eBid is not Feebay. eBid do not have the money, time or resources to advertise in the manner that people are demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    That's an idea...Have you asked anyone with that power? I don't have money or pts but I could work. Thanks and keep trying!
    Over the years I have sent requests to eBid asking if they would sell some of the tape to me to help promote the site & their response was that it was available for purchase using buddy points if you won the auction.

I don't understand the unwillingness of ebid to do WHATEVER it takes to get this going. It's been so long according to everyone's posts that they really should want and need to DO Do Do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Over the years I have sent requests to eBid asking if they would sell some of the tape to me to help promote the site & their response was that it was available for purchase using buddy points if you won the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    I don't understand the unwillingness of ebid to do WHATEVER it takes to get this going. It's been so long according to everyone's posts that they really should want and need to DO Do Do!!!
    I totally agree with you, if they would just sell the eBid merchandise for real money instead of buddy points, they could make money & we could promote this site with the merchandise we bought.

Also just think of all the stuff they have given away with the monthly news letter contest, do away with that & use the money to promote the site.
    I really think eBid is happy with how slow the site is.

Thread Information