Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Life Time of No Selling Fees

Forum Newbie
    All-About ilovestuff
    View ilovestuff's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Life Time of No Selling Fees

I signed up for eBid last night and posted a few things since then. I'm curious about the offer of lifetime selling with no fees. I have about 4 more hours to decide to purchase this at the sale price of $50. Is there anyone else using this or wishing they could purchase lifetime selling for this price? I have lots of things to sell but have heard selling can be slow too so not sure if this is a good value or not. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Life Time of No Selling Fees

Only you can make that decision.
    Some people make it back in a few sales - it depends what you are selling.
    Others take a long time
    Some people give up on ebid after only a while.,. even though ebid has been going 14 years.

If you are not a serious long term seller, then the Platinum listing might be the way to go.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi ilovestuff - welcome to eBid and the forums

I'm glad to have purchased the seller+ lifetime, although I choose to have thumb-nail pictures on my listings so I pay a 2% fvf when items sell.

When other sites continually change fees, listing criteria etc etc it's great to have found a site that doesn't keep moving the goalposts - and is fair to both buyers and sellers.

As with most new things it takes a while to get used to a new way of doing things, but I'm delighted I had the patience to stick with eBid
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

I have more than made my money back, and do so every month. But in order to do so you have to put the effort in. I would add that things are slower here, but definitely improving, also it does seem from our American friends that it can be more difficult over there.

But if you do go ahead it is a lifetime deal, that is a long time to get your money back and some profit. It is also a long time for eBid to become the venue we all want with sales easier to come by.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I have more than made my money back, and do so every month. But in order to do so you have to put the effort in. I would add that things are slower here, but definitely improving, also it does seem from our American friends that it can be more difficult over there.

But if you do go ahead it is a lifetime deal, that is a long time to get your money back and some profit. It is also a long time for eBid to become the venue we all want with sales easier to come by.
    ive never had to put any effort into selling on this venue i list it gets upload to GS no effort at all its a bit of a mirage to sugest otherwise, if a item is sellable competitive it has a good chance of selling

some folk put effort into there own promotion for the site off the site which is a different matter
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I bought lifetime at sale price three years ago. More than made my money back.

Actually I don't sell at no selling cost because pictures are very important with my items for getting sales. 2% of sales cost is a bargain.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilovestuff View Post
    I signed up for eBid last night and posted a few things since then. I'm curious about the offer of lifetime selling with no fees. I have about 4 more hours to decide to purchase this at the sale price of $50. Is there anyone else using this or wishing they could purchase lifetime selling for this price? I have lots of things to sell but have heard selling can be slow too so not sure if this is a good value or not. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated.
    Well worth the investment. It is for lifetime. Check the help pages along with the forums and familiarise yourself with the site.
    eBid might be different then what you may used to in online selling. If so ask for help and advice, you will get it.
    Good luck, welcome to eBid.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ditto posts 6 & 7

I paid for it as soon as we decided to move here. We were paying over $30 a month just for the listing fees on eBay, so as far as I was concerned I was ahead even if we didn't make any sales right away. Actually, we did start selling the first month (took a lot longer for those first sales on the Bay), so I'm glad we did it.

Take heed of what has been said above. We do have to work a bit harder here to get sales, and there is a learning curve. If you have problems, be sure to come and ask for help. There are a lot of very helpful people here, and no cut throat competition between sellers. Truly a community.

Thread Information