eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting Vintage Jewellery Overseas- best options?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Posting Vintage Jewellery Overseas- best options?

Seems UK regs may be some what more difficult to navigate then on this side the pond. That is why I like to include the statement on listings and the about me page. To help the potential buyer, I do not knowingly include restricted countries on listing.

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    What I am concerned about is sending an item overseas, it going missing and then being told that I can't claim as it should not have been sent through the post in the first place. This happened to me sending within the uk.when I thought I had done everything right.
    It seems Royal Mail don't even trust themselves if they tell you that you shouldn't have used the postal system in the first place. Surely that's what the system is for?!! I've heard that even if something does go missing, no matter what its value, it's hard to get compensation from them anyway. I shouldn't think a courier firm would be any better either. Maybe you'll have to spend ages going into the regulations of each individual country that you want to send to, rather than use a generic site that might not have all the information.

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    Thank you. Had a look on that link and when clicking on prohibited/ restricted items to clarify, it then takes me to the page for business customers,lol ! I'm assuming you have been ok using this service and have had no problems? -What worries me is the fact that anyone can sign for the parcel...they can then say they havn't got it but if you try to claim,there is a signature so RM will probably refuse compensation. :-(

Any other jewellery sellers from the UK around yet to share their experiences as well ?
    Would appreciate any insight at all, thanks in advance
    All I can say is that the packages don't go missing anymore, so not had to claim. Also, because I'm sending to a friend I know that the stuff was going missing through the postal system somewhere.

Am I missing something? I insure everything! Doesn't that take care of any problems? Happy Monday and Holiday

Thread Information