eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebid fee lifetime membership not really free!!!!

Default Re: Ebid fee lifetime membership not really free!!!!

Yes, Knit Wits, I was even baffled by which part of forum to post in. Probably shouldn't admit that. I had sold a bit on the bay, but not a real lot, by the time I joined eBid. Had used other message boards.

When all aspects of something are new then the whole process can be a bit overwhelming.

Thank you Kreativebargains. I will follow some of your suggestions. As far as the thumbnail goes, when I,listed a free auction there was no thumbnail so I had to list as a Galery listing for an additional 2% fee. I guess I must have misread the part about what's included. Next to the line that reads Thumbnail image in search results, there is a Y under the Seller + column. I assumed the Y meant Yes a thumbnail image is included, not yes, a thumbnail image is included, but only if you pay an additional 2% fee. Silly me!!

This is the page I was looking at

http://us.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...it-cards&uuq=1

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamiabargains View Post
    Thank you Kreativebargains. I will follow some of your suggestions. As far as the thumbnail goes, when I,listed a free auction there was no thumbnail so I had to list as a Galery listing for an additional 2% fee. I guess I must have misread the part about what's included. Next to the line that reads Thumbnail image in search results, there is a Y under the Seller + column. I assumed the Y meant Yes a thumbnail image is included, not yes, a thumbnail image is included, but only if you pay an additional 2% fee. Silly me!!

This is the page I was looking at

http://us.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...it-cards&uuq=1
    That page could be read as though thumbnails are included in all seller+ items. Clarity on the page would be better from admin to save others presuming that the thumbnail is automatic.
    Last edited by raindropsies; 17th August 2013 at 12:43 PM.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mmmm

eBid could be facing a lot of claims for repayments of wrongly charged fvf
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Mmmm

eBid could be facing a lot of claims for repayments of wrongly charged fvf
    But the fvf is stated on the listing preview page

I don't understand the problem. The chart is of what features are available. It clearly states that FVF is 0 or 2% for Seller + ... doesn't common sense dictate that there would be some difference on features between those 2?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't believe it is deliberate deception, more a lack of clarity regarding fees. This occurs in a few places on the site and have, in the past, been brought to admin's attention. That they haven't addressed these issues means that they have no defence against any complaints these ambiguities generate.

Equally they claim in many places 'Zero Final Value Fees' for Seller+ Lifetime members, but fail to provide the information, at the point the statement is made, that such is conditional on using the Free listing format.

I normally defend eBid when people make false assumptions about the site, but in this case eBid's lack of clarity leads people to justifiably make a wrong assumption.

Yes, it does need sorting. I would say as a matter of urgency - but clearly admin do not agree.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    Agree, it is not 'deceptive'. But as the number of similar posts to the OP's would appear to testify, it IS misleading.

Newbies are advised to use a gallery picture to attract sales and it would, therefore, seem pointless to list without one.

IMHO, the joining blurb should state 'Free for BASIC listings...'
    I've noticed the same degree of confusion myself.
    Personally my thoughts are that the sooner that Ebid stop promoting this "free to list on Ebid" farce the better for all concerned. List for free over here and this is about the only thing that will happen....you'll list your items for them to sit around and not sell. no thumbnail, no Google upload....what misery.
    Happily there is a solution and this is the platinum listing, it costs 5p/5c which these days is almost free and you get so much more, in fact you stand an actual; chance of making a sale.....now there's a novel idea.
    This is what i wish Ebid would push on the home page, and when/if successful the seller in question may take them up on the offer of seller lifetime membership after they've tested the site out properly.
    Just imagine it.....all of those 5p/5c fees could eventually pay to get someone to create those mobile apps that we need.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    I don't understand the problem. The chart is of what features are available. It clearly states that FVF is 0 or 2% for Seller + ... doesn't common sense dictate that there would be some difference on features between those 2?
    I dont think you understand my point. Yes it does clearly state that there is a 2% FVF for a gallery listing but that is not was not complaining about. If you read my post again you will see that I am talking about having to upgrade your listing in order to get a thumbnail picture in the search results. The page I linked states that it is included when, in fact, it is not. I realize that a gallery listing has a 2% fee because I do have common sense and yes, I can read but it does not say that you have to upgrade to a gallery listing in order to have a thumbnail picture. THAT I my complaint.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    I've noticed the same degree of confusion myself.
    Personally my thoughts are that the sooner that Ebid stop promoting this "free to list on Ebid" farce the better for all concerned. List for free over here and this is about the only thing that will happen....you'll list your items for them to sit around and not sell. no thumbnail, no Google upload....what misery.
    Happily there is a solution and this is the platinum listing, it costs 5p/5c which these days is almost free and you get so much more, in fact you stand an actual; chance of making a sale.....now there's a novel idea.
    This is what i wish Ebid would push on the home page, and when/if successful the seller in question may take them up on the offer of seller lifetime membership after they've tested the site out properly.
    Just imagine it.....all of those 5p/5c fees could eventually pay to get someone to create those mobile apps that we need.
    Why the confusion here? Sign up for seller+ lifetime and get free listings, 5 free stores and five free photo's. Pay only 2% FVF if your item sells. When listing merely click gallery. Also if you do not have a bar code enter EXEMPT in that box for upload to Google Shopping. It's not rocket science just common sense.

As for items sitting around and not selling - that is up to your own marketing, pricing and presentation, you cannot force people to buy.

Ebid is a very competitive market place with BIN. I have seen some very unrealistic BIN prices on here and they will "sit around" for ever. Know your market, know what the market price is and you will do okay here.

As for all the moaners saying nothing sells on here - not true. Just price it right!

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net
    http://alansbanknotes.ebid.net
    http://alanspostcards.ebid.net

Thread Information