Thread: Newbie advice needed on payment methods

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newbie advice needed on payment methods

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    If you wish to add that to your payment options, I am sure that would acceptable
    And if you do add cheese to your payment options would you please ensure that you specifically state the type/maturity you require ~ I would not wish to receive negative feedback for paying with Cottage Cheese when you prefer Stilton or some other.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

A penguin with knowledge of cheese - very rare indeed

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    A penguin with knowledge of cheese - very rare indeed
    Yes, and her favorite is Pilchard flavoured

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cut out this tomfoolery!!!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Yes, and her favorite is Pilchard flavoured
    ooooh yummy! Washed down with half a pint of bitter shandy in my favourite igloo ~

Name:  inn.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  10.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    And if you do add cheese to your payment options would you please ensure that you specifically state the type/maturity you require ~ I would not wish to receive negative feedback for paying with Cottage Cheese when you prefer Stilton or some other.

Hee hee hee ! Well, I'd have to say it would definitely be a neg for cottage cheese (does this even count as cheese???) or anything pilchard flavoured...I don't have Penguinesque tendencies :-)

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LovesVintage43 View Post
    I have just opened up an account with PPPay, as this is the preferred method and I'm not sure if I'll be using the platinum listings yet. It only took a couple of minutes to sort out, happy days :-)
    pppay is a payment that to my knowledge is not used by anyone and it would seem pointless getting yourself involved in it, like it or not paypal is the main internet currency and you should stick with this.
    Add the ability for people to pay by cheque and postal orders....in the uk and you will be good to go.

"i'm not sure that if i'll be using the platinum listings yet"
    Oh well ....in that case you'll not be getting any views or more importantly a sniff of a sale in that case, for 5p the platinum listing is the way to go if you don't wish to take out a lifetime subscription, this listing option allows your listings to be uploaded to Google shopping (provided that you fill in all of the required fields on the listing form), you'll get a thumbnail appear in the Ebid search, and paypal will be integrated into Ebid's checkout.

Forget the "it's free list on Ebid" nonsense, while it is free to list on Ebid this is all you will do and in return you will see no sales, also you will only be allowed to run an auction style listing.
    Despite the sites name, it is not actually an auction site as such and has moved towards being a fixed price venue, in fact when you made a sale until recently the screen was called the "after auction log", now it is called the "after sale log", this was to reflect the real world operation of the site according to the Ebid newsletter that announced it.

Hello, since that original post I did decide to use the platinum listings once I went in and started. I didn't realise nobody used PPPay,I was under the assumption that I had to offer this is order to sell on here -still, it's there if I need it :-) I filled out all the bits I could in order to get onto google as well.

Do you find many people choose to pay by cheque and postal order ? Can I also ask about cash on collection-if someone wishes to collect from me is this ok...can I just send a revised invoice less the P&P charge and mark as paid when collected?

BTW I think it's a bit of a shame that it is more fixed price now than auction...I enjoy buying and selling on auction personally.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi - you can offer any payment method you choose, (although I wouldn't recommend cheese ) including cq, postal order and cash on collection. I've only had a handful of people pay by cq/postal order.
    There aren't many bidding wars on eBid, except in the monthly ydc charity auction from the 24-28th of the month, so it's best to have a starting price you'd be happy to accept.
    Welcome and good luck
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    Hi - you can offer any payment method you choose, (although I wouldn't recommend cheese ) including cq, postal order and cash on collection. I've only had a handful of people pay by cq/postal order.
    There aren't many bidding wars on eBid, except in the monthly ydc charity auction from the 24-28th of the month, so it's best to have a starting price you'd be happy to accept.
    Welcome and good luck
    Thanks sucadot....yes, I really should be cutting down on the cheese anyway, lol . What is this charity auction,is it every month?

Thread Information