Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Will Pinterest Price Alerts Help Your Sales?

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Will Pinterest Price Alerts Help Your Sales?

Sun Aug 4 2013 21:29:45
    Will Pinterest Price Alerts Help Your Sales?

By: Julia Wilkinson

Pinterest, which in May added "More Useful Pins," including a way for users to see the price of pins of items for sale, has now added a way for users to get notified when those items go on sale, with price alerts.

Name:  pinterest_price_alerts2.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  36.1 KB

Wait, you didn't know you could add a price to your pin? That's right...simply type the price of your item in its pin's description, and the price should be made visible to users.

And now, if you decide to discount your item, those users who have set up an alert will be notified by email of the newly reduced price.

This move is not surprising from Pinterest, the visual smorgasbord of the Web, which seems to have touched off an image-crazy revolution throughout. (Don't forget that Japanese e-commerce behemoth Rakuten has a large chunk of change invested in it). If people are using Pinterest to, among other things, create a visual wish-list of items, why not show people the cost? And give them a heads-up if and when it goes down?

The thing is, it's not clear how much this feature will really boost sales for anyone. However, I can tell you that anecdotal evidence I've read, from, well, anecdotes of other sellers, shows that people are seeing a significant amount of traffic coming from Pinterest.

And Pinterest itself says it is rolling out this feature "slowly," so "hold tight if you don’t see one right away." I have yet to see the price "banner" I've read about on any of my eBay pins, but I only just now started putting the prices of my pinned eBay items in the description. It would be nice if the price was just added automatically to any pin coming from eBay or any other online auction or other kind of marketplace.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Will Pinterest Price Alerts Help Your Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Sun Aug 4 2013 21:29:45
    Will Pinterest Price Alerts Help Your Sales?

By: Julia Wilkinson

Pinterest, which in May added "More Useful Pins," including a way for users to see the price of pins of items for sale, has now added a way for users to get notified when those items go on sale, with price alerts.

Name:  pinterest_price_alerts2.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  36.1 KB

Wait, you didn't know you could add a price to your pin? That's right...simply type the price of your item in its pin's description, and the price should be made visible to users.

And now, if you decide to discount your item, those users who have set up an alert will be notified by email of the newly reduced price.

This move is not surprising from Pinterest, the visual smorgasbord of the Web, which seems to have touched off an image-crazy revolution throughout. (Don't forget that Japanese e-commerce behemoth Rakuten has a large chunk of change invested in it). If people are using Pinterest to, among other things, create a visual wish-list of items, why not show people the cost? And give them a heads-up if and when it goes down?

The thing is, it's not clear how much this feature will really boost sales for anyone. However, I can tell you that anecdotal evidence I've read, from, well, anecdotes of other sellers, shows that people are seeing a significant amount of traffic coming from Pinterest.

And Pinterest itself says it is rolling out this feature "slowly," so "hold tight if you don’t see one right away." I have yet to see the price "banner" I've read about on any of my eBay pins, but I only just now started putting the prices of my pinned eBay items in the description. It would be nice if the price was just added automatically to any pin coming from eBay or any other online auction or other kind of marketplace.
    Thanks for that :0

Thread Information