Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Previous Feedback as Proof

Forum Newbie
    View retr85wih's Feedback (+269)
    All-About retr85wih
    View retr85wih's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Previous Feedback as Proof

Would possible buyers believe that I am a true and sincere seller once they see my feedback imported from eBay?

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Previous Feedback as Proof

This has been discussed but I don't there has been a conclusion. I didn't import mine as I thought it would look better to earn the feedback here.

It's just a matter of egg or chicken first?

Good luck selling here.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retr85wih View Post
    Would possible buyers believe that I am a true and sincere seller once they see my feedback imported from eBay?
    When I am wanting to buy something I always look at feedback and automatically discount eBay imports. I want to know that the Seller is capable & properly functioning on eBid, not anywhere else.

I didn't import my own feedback from elsewhere as I felt it was important to prove myself here.

As has been said, it is a very divided opinion generally. I think it would help if you could get some eBid feedback if only by perhaps buying some small items?

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally, I think that importing feedback is a good thing overall.
    Just about every business thrives on its good reputation.
    When choosing almost any product a buyer relies a good deal on the items previous history and reputation.
    Hoover, Ferrari, Tesco, Walmart.
    If every time Sainsburys or Hoover opened a new store or released a new product they chose a different name, I doubt they would have been so successful.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think there is any advantage in importing feedback. The issue I have is, on eBay if you sell multiple items to one seller & they leave feedback for all, it only counts one on the f/b score. On Ebid someone buys 10 Items and leaves f/b for 10, then 10 is added to the score, that is why some sellers have thousands f/b score.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I think it would help if you could get some eBid feedback if only by perhaps buying some small items?
    Although I have repeated that myself, all that it proves is that someone knows how to buy something; not that they are a reliable and trustworthy seller. The only instances where it would have any effect is if the potential buyer did not look past the numbers, in which case it would not matter whether those numbers reflected local feedback, imported feedback, or both combined.

All seller feedback does is indicate how the seller is likely to deal with you. It does not guarantee that your transaction with them will go smoothly, but good prior feedback increases the odds that it will. Where the seller dealt with those other people is irrelevant, so imported feedback is equally valid.

Those people so anti imported feedback must have one hell of a time at the interview when they go for a new job...

Interviewer: Tell me a bit about the employment you have had before.

Interviewee: That's irrelevant and nothing to do with you; you'll find out what I am like as a worker after I am here.

Interviewer: Thank you. Please close the door on your way out.
    Last edited by astral276; 4th August 2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Missed a word out

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

i imported mine to begin with then had it removed when i built up both buying and selling feedback from ebid
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Although I have repeated that myself, all that it proves is that someone knows how to buy something; not that they are a reliable and trustworthy seller. The only instances where it would have any effect is if the potential buyer did not look past the numbers, in which case it would not matter whether those numbers reflected local feedback, imported feedback, or both combined.

All seller feedback does is indicate how the seller is likely to deal with you. It does not guarantee that your transaction with them will go smoothly, but good prior feedback increases the odds that it will. Where the seller dealt with those other people is irrelevant, so imported feedback is equally valid.

Those people so anti imported feedback must have one hell of a time at the interview when they go for a new job...

Interviewee: That's irrelevant and nothing to do with you; you'll find out what I am like as a worker after I am here.

Very well put astral, I totally agree with you.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

A very bad analogy. It could equally go another way:

Interviewer: How many GCE's do you have?
    Interviewee: 7 from School and another 14 I bought from ebay

I have said before and I will stand by it, imported feedback from another site is misleading and unethical.

The vast majority of sellers here, including those with im,ported feedback, are open and honest with everyone.

Kind regards and good sales everyone
    Alan

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net
    http://alansbanknotes.ebid.net
    http://alanspostcards.ebid.net

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stampsandcoins1 View Post
    A very bad analogy.
    The fact that you are unable to grasp it does not make it bad.

I have said before and I will stand by it, imported feedback from another site is misleading and unethical.
    The vast majority of sellers here, including those with im,ported feedback, are open and honest with everyone.
    You can't have it both ways, those who import feedback are either honest or dishonest. So you must be either fool or out to stir up trouble.

Thread Information