eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: promote make it known to People/Public

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Really need to promote itself somewhere, somehow make it known to People/Pub

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Not painting all newbies with the same brush. Just have seen too many newbies leave instead of take the loss, or get scratched off by eBid after getting negged. BTW: I offerred the seller the option to cancel the sale if they choose, because quite frankly I'm tired of seeing this happen. I also would honor the sale if it were me, but everyone does not operate the same. Who knows, maybe the seller will decide to honor the sale. I sure hope so.
    I too would honour the sale even if I had to take a loss. That's actions for you, some you win, some you lose.I always look at the bottom line and if in a plus situation I am happy.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Really need to promote itself somewhere, somehow make it known to People/Pub

Quote Originally Posted by stampsandcoins1 View Post
    You seem to miss the point. Similar items not the same items. All of my items on the bay start at 99p and I sell most of them Here I have items as low as 1p just as an experiment, still no ebid sales and even worse very few views. I know that we are in the "summer" dip at the moment, will see what September onwards brings
    i did not miss the point you said "very similar items " not similar items. and now your saying "and i sell most of them here" most of what here ? the 99p items you listed on another site your not making any sense !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Isn't the point of having Sky+ (or similar) so that you can fast forward through the adverts?

If eBid did do TV adverts (which I doubt they will) then I would probably not see them

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i did not miss the point you said "very similar items " not similar items. and now your saying "and i sell most of them here" most of what here ? the 99p items you listed on another site your not making any sense !
    Sorry, I missed the full stop out between them and Here. .... All of my items on the bay start at 99p and I sell most of them FULL STOP.
    Here on eBid etc etc

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christyc9 View Post
    ...but I manage to find out about exist of ebid.
    Not helped by (despite being told several times) eBid not including Malaysia in the list of full sites in the grey panel at the bottom of most eBid pages.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

......Here I have items as low as 1p just as an experiment, still no ebid sales.....
    Must have been my imagination then.

I feel sure I bought some of your stamps when they were on offer at 1p.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post

You did, my most valued Customer, you also bought others ranging from 40p to £2. My store is still open .... hint hint :-)

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

You did, my most valued Customer, you also bought others ranging from 40p to £2. My store is still open .... hint hint :-)

Yes I check for new stamps on a regular bases.

These searches will not show up on an individual items views totals because I tend to look at all of the stamps on offer sorted by the most recent start time.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post

Sometimes I have a mad summer sale just to get my feedback up. I am selling off my collection of over 30,000 stamps just to supplement my pension and give me something to do. Some of my collection is run of the mill (not rubbish) and some are quite valuable. My best sale was £1900 for a single stamp, alas not on here.

By the way if anyone is interested in a King William III 5 guinea gold coin from 1699 let me know. If not to goes to Bonhams

Like others have said this subject has been done to death.
    heres the thing ebid do advertise they advertise where they feel it would/will bring in the most customers to there site. TV adds cost a lot for very little in return even the bay has stop doing them as there was very little evidence that it was bringing in new custom against the cost to run them. also like many say the ad break is when you get up in to either have a fag,pee or make a cuppa and some even just fast forward them so no one will see them anyway. The other thing about tv adds is you only remember the really bad ones. sat here in the office the only ads I can remember are for insurance comparison sites or for clit bang and neither of them are making me want to rush out and buy car insurance or cleaning products.
    Not only the fact that they don't work for websites try and remember the last time you saw a web address advertise on tv and then remembered it the next time you logged on?
    Also think to yourself why do you want ebid to advertise so bad??
    yeah it may bring in some customers to buy from you but it may bring in more sellers to undercut you or just do what you do but better and drag your customers away?
    This site has everything you need to promote so the best thing for your time would be to learn the best ways to use them rather then write out these posts.
    The site give you your own web address the you can copy and paste into as many signatures or links you like plus all the links you need for social media. you can also with a little knowledge link you store to a website or web page of your own plus you have all the google shopping stuff.
    Another thing that turns many forum users off on this subject is that it is useally a newbie that brings it up and it is uselly brought up before they have done a few positive thing to there listing to attract more buyers anyway.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Thread Information