eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Google Shoppong Search Results and Types of Paypal Accounts

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3025)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Google Shoppong Search Results and Types of Paypal Accounts

guys and girls, a few questions which I know I have seen some but perhaps not complete answers to but couldn't find on the forum searches I tried

firstly, can I clarify something on the GS search issues,

if I type my username borucha into google and then go to the shopping tab I get circa 570 items listed, this compares with over 5,000 items listed in my stores, most by auction with buy it now but more recently on buy it now with make an offer and nearly all within two shops both with google exemption

furthermore, at least 100 or more have had the word exempt added by me yet most the listings returned I know haven't had the word exempt added by me so can we be clear are ebid automatically adding the word to a listing within an exempt shop when it is automatically relisted and if not why is GS returning these in a search?

how can I see by name or search title what is actually within the circa 570 being returned to me by GS ?

Most importantly, Why are so few items being returned in the search?

any suggestions to improve the results from GS as I believe all the standard criteria mentioned on the forums are being used.

my similar question to ebid support resulted in a response from ebid support that makes no sense to me

separately how can I set up two different paypal accounts to receive funds dependent on the value of the item listed (I appreciate this won't work if someone pays for lots of small items in one go) and where on my paypal account can I see exactly what type of account, I have,

I recall many years going for a micro payments account but I also set up another paypal account but I cant seem to work out how to check what type of account it is and how to change it if necessary and as I wrote at the beginning of the question to be able to decide which paypal account people pay to dependent on the value of the item as listed when I make the listing to edit the listing to achieve this.

many thanks in advance as always for the very helpful responses

Default Re: Google Shoppong Search Results and Types of Paypal Accounts

For GS I find it easier to check my stores. If you use the term "boruchas commonwealth stamp" in GS you get 5620 results returned. I checked the first few pages and they are all your listings. You should be able to get a term that will return your listings in your other stores.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shoppong Search Results and Types of Paypal Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by borucha View Post
    guys and girls, a few questions which I know I have seen some but perhaps not complete answers to but couldn't find on the forum searches I tried

firstly, can I clarify something on the GS search issues,

if I type my username borucha into google and then go to the shopping tab I get circa 570 items listed, this compares with over 5,000 items listed in my stores, most by auction with buy it now but more recently on buy it now with make an offer and nearly all within two shops both with google exemption

furthermore, at least 100 or more have had the word exempt added by me yet most the listings returned I know haven't had the word exempt added by me so can we be clear are ebid automatically adding the word to a listing within an exempt shop when it is automatically relisted and if not why is GS returning these in a search?

how can I see by name or search title what is actually within the circa 570 being returned to me by GS ?

Most importantly, Why are so few items being returned in the search?

any suggestions to improve the results from GS as I believe all the standard criteria mentioned on the forums are being used.

my similar question to ebid support resulted in a response from ebid support that makes no sense to me

separately how can I set up two different paypal accounts to receive funds dependent on the value of the item listed (I appreciate this won't work if someone pays for lots of small items in one go) and where on my paypal account can I see exactly what type of account, I have,

I recall many years going for a micro payments account but I also set up another paypal account but I cant seem to work out how to check what type of account it is and how to change it if necessary and as I wrote at the beginning of the question to be able to decide which paypal account people pay to dependent on the value of the item as listed when I make the listing to edit the listing to achieve this.

many thanks in advance as always for the very helpful responses
    I queried the lack of my listings on Google Shopping with support. I received a reply which told me that eBid was only uploading to Google those items with a price of £1.00 or greater.
    Perhaps this explains why some of your items do not appear in searches in Google Shopping.

Forum Lurker
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shopping Search Results and Types of Paypal Accounts

i'm still unclear whether when an item is auto relisted the expression exempt is placed automatically in the barcode field and if is does that require the shop in which the item is listed to have a google exemption or not. many thanks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by borucha View Post
    i'm still unclear whether when an item is auto relisted the expression exempt is placed automatically in the barcode field and if is does that require the shop in which the item is listed to have a google exemption or not. many thanks
    eBid were adding the Exempt tag to those items without anything in the UPI field that were previously covered by a Google store or username exemption. They have not stated they have stopped doing it (AFAIAA) - but the only way to be sure would be to ask them.

Forum Lurker
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    eBid were adding the Exempt tag to those items without anything in the UPI field that were previously covered by a Google store or username exemption. They have not stated they have stopped doing it (AFAIAA) - but the only way to be sure would be to ask them.
    Mel

thanks for your input

I did contact support and you suggested and they asked me to identify a specific auction, which I duly did but also told them ALL auctions were not being amended to include the word exempt when they are auto relisted, have sent reminder to support and am getting no response whatsoever, which is most unusual,

afaik it is still the case that the word exempt is not being added automatically and I am having to do it manually, which I do not enjoy one bit :-(

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I never meant that eBid were amending the actual listings, but that they were adding the required data to their feed to Google to indicate the item did not posess a UPI.

Each day I add the word "EXEMPT" to the listings that got reposted that day. I just don't have the energy to tackle them all at once. And each day I get a few more listings showing up on Google Product Search. There's no other way to get it done, so we're all just going to have to bite the bullet and do it the hard way.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Each day I add the word "EXEMPT" to the listings that got reposted that day. I just don't have the energy to tackle them all at once.
    Would be so much easier if we could use the Bulk Edit ..................... as already requested many times

Thread Information