Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help with photo Links? Please...

Default Help with photo Links? Please...

Hi Ebuds...I am trying to post ebid in online ads. Place called Backpage. Alternative to Craigslist. My links won't light up. So I thought I would try photos with embedded links. I am using a program call openoffice.org. Free online office. I figured out how to embed the link in the pic. This is the error I got when tried to post on Backpage..
    Invalid image file. Please only upload images in gif, jpg, and png format. (1st_link_pic.odt) Anyone know what I can do to make this
    work? http://eBid.NET/items/Ebideclectics is what I embedded. I uploaded the photo to a text doc. via the OpenOffice prog.
    Next I will try converting the photo first. Appreciate any help. It is difficult getting around stuff to promo. Thanks
    PS...I also have windows media photo gallery
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 12th July 2013 at 08:25 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help with photo Links? Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Hi Ebuds...I am trying to post ebid in online ads. Place called Backpage. Alternative to Craigslist. My links won't light up. So I thought I would try photos with embedded links. I am using a program call openoffice.org. Free online office. I figured out how to embed the link in the pic. This is the error I got when tried to post on Backpage..
    Invalid image file. Please only upload images in gif, jpg, and png format. (1st_link_pic.odt) Anyone know what I can do to make this
    work? http://eBid.NET/items/Ebideclectics is what I embedded. I uploaded the photo to a text doc. via the OpenOffice prog.
    Next I will try converting the photo first. Appreciate any help. It is difficult getting around stuff to promo. Thanks
    Go into your image editor .... insert your image (currently in odt format) - click file then select export...... you will be given options to export your image in different formats.... select jpg.

Thank You may need English for dummy when I come back. I figured out I think need to not use odt. That's where it has a "insert link" to the photo though. I am able to get photos to destination just need them to be clickable. Unless I can get our link to light up which of course is not happening. BBS

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Go into your image editor .... insert your image (currently in odt format) - click file then select export...... you will be given options to export your image in different formats.... select jpg.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

You should be able to insert a link into your jpg image using Open Office.....

Thread Information