eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to attract 1000000s more buyers - ....

Forum Newbie
    View mikefarnham's Feedback (+1999)
    All-About mikefarnham
    View mikefarnham's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How to attract 1000000s more buyers - ....

Newbie here so pardon me if this has been tried before.

I signed up here initially because "the other place" was really annoying me with - well, most of you have all had it.

Anyway, since fees are lower here I have priced all my items lower than there to attract custom but with limited success because I suspect buyers often look there and nowhere else.

So it occurs to ask, why not have a campaign for any sellers interested, who will guarantee to beat prices on other similar sites?
    It could be for "participating sellers" so that anyone not interested was not opted in. I reckon buyers need to know the best deals are here and therefore look here first.

Apologies if this has already been tried but, if not, happy to do a little legwork.

What do you think?

Mike.

Default Re: How to attract 1000000s more buyers - ....

Quote Originally Posted by mikefarnham View Post

I signed up here initially because "the other place" was really annoying me with - well, most of you have all had it.

Anyway, since fees are lower here I have priced all my items lower than there to attract custom but with limited success because I suspect buyers often look there and nowhere else.

So it occurs to ask, why not have a campaign for any sellers interested, who will guarantee to beat prices on other similar sites?
    It could be for "participating sellers" so that anyone not interested was not opted in. I reckon buyers need to know the best deals are here and therefore look here first.

Apologies if this has already been tried but, if not, happy to do a little legwork.

What do you think?

Mike.
    Other similar sites?

Would this include Amaz*n, Pla*.com, ?

I simply list below the others sites in the first place and buyers do find me regularly

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Other similar sites?

I simply list below the others sites in the first place and buyers do find me regularly
    ​ditto

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

What do you think?

Mike.
    There are times where a seller over here on Ebid does not need to always offer the lowest price, but it is an attention grabber i suppose, if you're selling none mainstream items then i believe that condition description photos and general presentation all play their important parts.

Most serious sellers on Ebid have really already started such a campaign....they have done this by researching the availability, condition, price that competing sites are offering, and taking their listings from this point. Those sellers who overlook to carry out this research are bemoaning the fact that they see no sales here.

Certainly when i list with Ebid i list at the price that i have in mind, alternatively when doing the same on Ebay i need to add the additional fee element which is 10 %, to offer a better deal with Ebid is easily done due to the low fee structure.

So, yes your idea is a good one , but one that i suspect most forward looking sellers have already instigated.
    Of more importance, i'd like to see a drive towards Ebid promoting the value of effective listing techniques, and by this i mean that i would like to see them pushing the great value for money platinum listing option, and selling its many benefits to those who are not already lifetime members so that they can get a real idea of how the site can perform, rather than pushing the lame and useless "free to list" nonsense that results in no sales and much disappointment.
    The educating of the importance of Google search, and how this acts as Ebids shop window. these are ways that draw new buyers to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Other similar sites?

Another ditto.

If there was a way of using the fact as a group for extra exposure though then I would definitely consider it.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any new marketing idea for ebid is a good one.

But how do you get ebid sellers to see your campaign (and join it)

And how do you get your campaign noticed on other sites.

(And I am sure that many people do not buy from the cheapest anyway, other things come into consideration)

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just re-read your thread, and you have already answered your question.

You have tried doing it with limited success.
    If you had huge success, then yes

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Strangely....by regularly listing using Ebay and seeing regular sales, this can act as a promotional opportunity for Ebid, if say for example you were hold some of your more interesting items back for this site and list some of the more less unusual with Ebay then at each sale you can include a flyer in your Ebay packages letting the buyers over there know that you have more of the same and more besides over on ebid.

After all....you're appealing to those who are already very open to using these type of sites and unbelievably many are unaware that this site along with the others exist.
    I've said before that there is nothing wrong with selling across Ebay as well Ebid.

Forum Newbie
    View mikefarnham's Feedback (+1999)
    All-About mikefarnham
    View mikefarnham's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Strangely....by regularly listing using Ebay and seeing regular sales, this can act as a promotional opportunity for Ebid, if say for example you were hold some of your more interesting items back for this site and list some of the more less unusual with Ebay then at each sale you can include a flyer in your Ebay packages letting the buyers over there know that you have more of the same and more besides over on ebid.

After all....you're appealing to those who are already very open to using these type of sites and unbelievably many are unaware that this site along with the others exist.
    I've said before that there is nothing wrong with selling across Ebay as well Ebid.

I am not entirely sure enough people look for items on this site. I begin to understand why: habit is a significant part of it. Also, ebay spends lots on advertising. Googling some of my items listed here does not throw up results on the first few pages which is unexpected when the item is not numerous. Thus, Jaguar Monaco = no show BUT Jaguar Monaco ebid = top of list. This item would be on Google page one when it was on ebay; perhaps we need a little more search optimisation for ebid items? Check your own all of you.

Best wishes,

Mike.

I am not entirely sure enough people look for items on this site. I begin to understand why: habit is a significant part of it. Also, ebay spends lots on advertising. Googling some of my items listed here does not throw up results on the first few pages which is unexpected when the item is not numerous. Thus, Jaguar Monaco = no show BUT Jaguar Monaco ebid = top of list. This item would be on Google page one when it was on ebay; perhaps we need a little more search optimisation for ebid items? Check your own all of you.

Best wishes,

Mike.
    I've just done a search for Jaguar Monaco.

Guess what, you have 3 items on page 1, and they are items 7, 8 & 9.

I did not use eBid in the search.

I simply googled it and then on shopping tab

Thread Information