Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stamp sellers please help

Default Re: stamp sellers please help

Micro payments are a good idea if most of your sales are "micro" but the money you save on the micro payment fees is wiped out with the extra fee % you have to pay on bigger sales, making it a false economy in some cases... so one needs to weigh up the pro's and con's of having a micro payment account

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

thank you for your replies folks. I'll list them anyway but increase the postage. Ive photographed them now so i may as well
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have both a micro payment and a standard account for paypal, if I remember correctly micro payments are best up to £9.40 then standard payments are better fees for micro payments are 5% +£0.05.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

just don't list them instead of other items but list them as part of a plan so list your main line then your second line and lastly your stamps as a 3rd line..... In our house that means Postcards (most of the time), Ciggy/Trade cards (some of the time) then stamps (when I feel like a change). It works for us

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    I have both a micro payment and a standard account for paypal, if I remember correctly micro payments are best up to £9.40 then standard payments are better fees for micro payments are 5% +£0.05.
    do you send an invoice via paypal with which ever email address you need for the account as from what I have seen most online sales sites you can only have one email account registered for payment.

I'm off to watch the men's finals so I will return later

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    do you send an invoice via paypal with which ever email address you need for the account as from what I have seen most online sales sites you can only have one email account registered for payment.
    On ebid in my ebid> personal details for the paypal address you have the + you can add a different email address,

I usually list the item with whichever paypal account is most benificial to me, however if your buyer, buys several items, on the bottom of the invoice you get a drop down box to change which paypal account to use, so if they buy several small value items and the cost goes above the ideal for micro payment you can use the other.

On the Invoice the dropdown box is there all the time, so if you made a mistake with which paypal account to use you can still change it providing your buyer just did not go pat straight away.

You do need seperate bank accounts for the two paypal accounts, but my bank account I use for paypal is a visa debit account, and I used the long number for the micropayments and the account no. sort code for the other account.

You can transfer money between the paypal accounts without charge, so it is easy to get the money to your bank.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm one of the stamp sellers that list low value items, but hopefully the buyer will buy several of these low value stamps to save on postage.

I have sold a single 5p stamp to a seller so haven't really made anything on the transaction.
    However I see the transaction as promoting my stamp shop and promoting eBid.

I can't tell whether the buyer is testing eBid waters, before the plunge is taken.

Forum Lurker
    View JDStamps's Feedback (+14454)
    All-About JDStamps
    View JDStamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with gbsbks-have hundreds listed at 3p, they sell really well, and hardly any buyers just buy a few, but its not always about making a profit. I have had lots of buyers make relatively small purchases to test my service, only to return with a large order in the future, so imo the 3p lots work well as a promotion tool. Quite a lot of stamp buyers will run a low to high price search initially, so they see my cheaper lots, then check in to my shops and (hopefully) carry on purchasing!

All the best
    John

I don't know about "real stamp dealers" but most of the stamps I get tend to be in "schoolboy's" albums and loose envelopes of stamps, so most of the stamps I list tend to be at the cheaper end of the stamp market.... that said over the years I have found a few gems and I have also managed to collect most of my own collection of U.K. used stamps including most of the Vicky ones (I'm just hoping that one day I will find the really expensive ones to finish off my Vicky collection (well I can hope cant I ))

thanks for the info sherlock... will have a look later

Thread Information