Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Google Shopping Help

Default Google Shopping Help

Hi

Sorry if this has been discussed before, maybe you can point me to a link that will answer my question.

I haven't used my account for a while but am going to start adding items again. I know that google shopping have changed their ways now and it is going to be a paid system like adwords. Does this mean that anything we add to ebid wont show on google shopping anymore? I know it used to when I used ebid last year, but just not sure whats going on with the google shopping changes

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shopping Help

If you have the option set in your My Defaults, eBid will upload eligible items at eBid's expense.

To defray the cost, setting the option also allows eBid to include advertising in your listings. Some people do not like these ads, so each seller must decide which is most important to them - Google Shopping presence or no inline ads.

I've found my ebid sales have dropped remarkably since their height about four years ago. I never worried as they dropped as my Amazon sales compensated. But I've decided to do something about it. Now, despite everything I have offered for sale on here being cheaper than the same item on Amazon I have no sales.

I know that back when sales were good my items were featuring in google searches. Now however one has to search for pretty much my exact title to find my items anywhere near the first 5/6 (usually further down than that) pages in a google search and if I click the shopping tab then my items are not showing.

My defaults are set up to upload to google shopping.

Most of my items have no ISBN or bar code. I have read how to use Exempt and still no joy.

Most of my items are in the adult category and I read I needed to make clear they were suitable for over 18's only (for google shopping) and so I have done this with a couple of dozen over the last month and still no joy. I've also done this with a normal old book as an experiment and even now, weeks later, no sign of them in shopping.

Four years ago I was selling an average of over 80 items per 90 day period, now its 2!

How can I get my items back in google searches?

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    I've found my ebid sales have dropped remarkably since their height about four years ago. I never worried as they dropped as my Amazon sales compensated. But I've decided to do something about it. Now, despite everything I have offered for sale on here being cheaper than the same item on Amazon I have no sales.

I know that back when sales were good my items were featuring in google searches. Now however one has to search for pretty much my exact title to find my items anywhere near the first 5/6 (usually further down than that) pages in a google search and if I click the shopping tab then my items are not showing.

My defaults are set up to upload to google shopping.

Most of my items have no ISBN or bar code. I have read how to use Exempt and still no joy.

Most of my items are in the adult category and I read I needed to make clear they were suitable for over 18's only (for google shopping) and so I have done this with a couple of dozen over the last month and still no joy. I've also done this with a normal old book as an experiment and even now, weeks later, no sign of them in shopping.

Four years ago I was selling an average of over 80 items per 90 day period, now its 2!

How can I get my items back in google searches?
    There have been problems with Google Shopping since the latest change a few weeks ago. There is a thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...oogle-Products that has details. The problems now appear to have been resolved. There are also some interesting comments from Gazza about how they are looking to move forward with Google Shopping. There are also some comments about what is needed on the thread. I would also take a look at the Google requirements on their site, I think there might be a link on the thread.

Thanks for that!

Thread Information