eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One potential reason why eBid

Forum Lurker
    View JDStamps's Feedback (+14454)
    All-About JDStamps
    View JDStamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: One potential reason why eBid is not getting enough traffic (not the obvious one)

One of the reasons why I switched from the Bay to Ebid was simply that I did not enjoy selling on Ebay-totally different on here, buyers can take their time and I don't feel under pressure to constantly offer goods way below their value. I try to offer my lots at good prices for buyers, seems to work as I have sold much more on here than I ever did on Ebay!
    Price is an important factor, but good service counts for a lot too. Ebay is fine if you want to make fast sales and generate some quick cash, but in the longer term Ebid is a much better selling platform-my sales have doubled year on year for the last 3 years (long may that continue!); hopefully I can go full time as an Ebid seller soon, something I never would have considered on Ebay.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: One potential reason why eBid is not getting enough traffic (not the obvious one)

Quote Originally Posted by JDStamps View Post
    One of the reasons why I switched from the Bay to Ebid was simply that I did not enjoy selling on Ebay-totally different on here, buyers can take their time and I don't feel under pressure to constantly offer goods way below their value. I try to offer my lots at good prices for buyers, seems to work as I have sold much more on here than I ever did on Ebay!
    Price is an important factor, but good service counts for a lot too. Ebay is fine if you want to make fast sales and generate some quick cash, but in the longer term Ebid is a much better selling platform-my sales have doubled year on year for the last 3 years (long may that continue!); hopefully I can go full time as an Ebid seller soon, something I never would have considered on Ebay.
    Well done
    Ebid just needs 1,000 more sellers like you (and Kreative)

Forum Newbie
    View CJBargains's Feedback (+3)
    All-About CJBargains
    View CJBargains's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm on ebid now as ebay shut me down for no good reason...I don't over charge people for the items I am selling but have to say it is hard work trying to sell on here. People look but just don't want to buy.

I think ebays fees were ridiculously high but it was worth the cost just knowing that somebody was going to purchase one or two of your items.

Quote Originally Posted by CJBargains View Post
    I'm on ebid now as ebay shut me down for no good reason...I don't over charge people for the items I am selling but have to say it is hard work trying to sell on here. People look but just don't want to buy.

I think ebays fees were ridiculously high but it was worth the cost just knowing that somebody was going to purchase one or two of your items.
    Hello

Get a shop for your items - gives you a seller identity and keeps your products nicely grouped.

Run Until Sold listings - you do realize that these will remain behind all the other listings that are in those categories, never to rise to the top. Better to have a 7 or 10 day listing with BIN.

Keywords.......

2 piece iPhone and iPad styluses

This would be a Stylus Pen? Stylus Pen should be in the title - they are Rubber Tip, again that could be in the title. At the moment with those titles and run until sold listings it would be really difficult for a buyer to find your items. There are loads more keywords that should be in you titles - I don't have the time at the moment to do a full title example for you that would increase your exposure.

No brand information entered in when listing - this is important for Google exposure.

There is a lot you can do to use the eBid selling platform to its full potential.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CJBargains View Post

Take a look at the link below, there are numerous tips suggested within the link to help with selling on ebid

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

This is only my second post and although I have been on ebid for over 2 months I still consider myself a newbie.
    I switched from !bay because of their draconian policies not because of the fee structure. Fees are a necessity for any site to make a profit in much the same way as any other r(e)tailer. And, I for one welcome paying fees as they are a result of a sale... if only!
    Since I launched myself onto this platform it has become clear that the site has a long way to go before it can gain the clickfall necessary to generate worthwhile sales volumes. However, in what marketplace was that not the case. The classic cycle of birth, growth, maturity and decline (and death/absorption into other states) will happen with ebid, but it takes time and nurturing for this to happen.

If you want ebid to spend money promoting the site pay more in fees. I am not advocating higher fees but realistically ebid is not making enough, yet, to have a large marketing budget.

Second "however", ebid should do more PR to increase awareness in the target market. PR is the low cost, credible, way to wave the flag and attract attention. PR stories will get published if they are of sufficient interest and relevance to a publisher (both traditional print and enews). That can start a groundswell of interest and good feeling towards the site.

Third "however", news stories come from participants who experience events on here that are of interest to others. You must play your part, passive selling hardly ever works. get active and join in a PR campaign.

First we need to engage with ebid and gain their support and co-operation.

As I said, I am a newbie and still learning.

http://studio-neesha-delicious-jewel...fford.ebid.net
    Last edited by StudioNeesha; 1st July 2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: missed a word!

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Well done
    Ebid just needs 1,000 more sellers like you (and Kreative)
    Here, here. Taking the long view and a sensible, professional business approach.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StudioNeesha View Post
    First we need to engage with ebid and gain their support and co-operation.
    "WE" have been trying to engage with ebid's owners for years.
    They hardly ever reason to any marketing or pr suggestions.

It is "them" that need to engage with "us"

We all want to do well on ebid, and we'd all like to sell more.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you list properly when selling with Ebid, then your listings will show on Google search/shopping /images.....here you will be in competition with other sellers and it is here that struggling sellers should turn their attention, for example, if over here you're selling an item for £9.99, yet the average google shopping price is somewhat below this then you need to price more competitively. Otherwise why would anyone wish to use Ebid for the first time?
    It is true that too many sellers are overpricing their listings, whether this is due to greed or a lack of research i can't say. We benefit from a low cost fee structure and a policy of zero interference from Ebid, so we need to use this to our advantage.
    When i create a listing i know the price that i have in mind that i want the item to sell for, so, after researching via Google if the item is viable to sell or even list, i list on Ebid at the price that i have in mind.
    Yet, when i list on Ebay or consider Amazon i have to take the price that i want and then add 15% for Ebay and 20% for amazon, many times i will be selling the same item with Ebid,and often the Ebid listing will show in a higher position within Google searches.
    almost every buyer that i am fortunate enough to attract here on Ebid is all too often newly registered only minutes before making their purchase. This tells me that Google is really doing a good job for us over here.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

^
    So is relying on Google Shopping a "race to the bottom" ?

Or is it better to build ebid as a "destination site" so that buyers go to ebid first ?

Thread Information