Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One potential reason why eBid

Default Re: One potential reason why eBid

Some buyers will search for items they want, some will automatically go to eBay or Amazon. Of those that search they will be searching for one main reason - price. If they can find what they want at the right price their choice will then be down to the site and the seller, can they be trusted. Anybody who lists on an alt at an inflated price is therefore highly unlikely to get a sale.

Within a site, and this happens all the time on eBay, there are some people who will pay more for an item. I have had items listed on eBay in the past at a lower price than others yet they still sold them as well. In fact yesterday on eBid I noticed an item in the 'Popular items' from another seller that I also sell. Their price £24.99 with free shipping, my price £14.99 with shipping from £2.49, a bottom price of £17.48, so the buyer has happily paid £7.50 more for the same product, but at least they bought on eBid.

For all these reasons what sellers on eBid need to do for their own and everybody else's sake is to get their items listed with strong keywords to get them a prominent position in searches and get the eBid name more widely recognised, and to price them so that buyers will make that first purchase on eBid

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by titanicmom4 View Post
    don't know if this was directed at me or someone else but I ship worldwide and always have. Sorry if you were addressing another member.
    No apologies necessary, my remark was just general.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

as already said, many buyers will automatically take a trip to Ebay and omit all other sites. There are occasions when these buyers will take advantage of Google search when their intended purchase is nowhere to be found on Ebay/Amazon, or when the prices charged on these sites appear as being too high, they will i think out of curiosity or frustration take a look elsewhere.
    I'm not too sure that Google search/shopping has to be a race to the bottom, as if you are selling collectibles then obviously these items don't always tend to be in a like for like condition, and this will determine the price charged.
    But ....there is nothing at all to be lost by seeing as many of your listings as possible show up on google. I've listed a lot of items at lower than Ebay prices to still them remain unsold, but this will be the case until they catch the attention of a buyer who is interested in them.
    Don't forget that it's not difficult to end up with a fair amount of unsold listings when using Ebay also.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Some buyers will search for items they want, some will automatically go to eBay or Amazon. Of those that search they will be searching for one main reason - price. If they can find what they want at the right price their choice will then be down to the site and the seller, can they be trusted. Anybody who lists on an alt at an inflated price is therefore highly unlikely to get a sale.

Within a site, and this happens all the time on eBay, there are some people who will pay more for an item. I have had items listed on eBay in the past at a lower price than others yet they still sold them as well. In fact yesterday on eBid I noticed an item in the 'Popular items' from another seller that I also sell. Their price £24.99 with free shipping, my price £14.99 with shipping from £2.49, a bottom price of £17.48, so the buyer has happily paid £7.50 more for the same product, but at least they bought on eBid.

For all these reasons what sellers on eBid need to do for their own and everybody else's sake is to get their items listed with strong keywords to get them a prominent position in searches and get the eBid name more widely recognised, and to price them so that buyers will make that first purchase on eBid

Agreed.

It all comes back to exposure for the listing (keywords), a competitive price and a good overall listing technique.

Volume of traffic for eBid is totally irrelevant to the individual seller - it is a conversion ratio of unique visits to sales of their items that is of interest to the individual seller - not overall traffic. For a bricks and mortar shop, for a seller on any auction site, it is purely about conversion of the traffic - having (for example) 100 unique visitors per day is not an achievement unless there are sales attached to give a conversion rate. Having 5 visits and one sale is outstanding compared to 100 visits and no sales. Overall traffic stats is only of interest to advertisers and people do not seem to understand a lot of the stat sites that they quote from. For all the traffic that the bay gets there are a hell of a lot of sellers who don't sell, lose money or put a lot of effort in for little reward.

The priority of eBid sellers has to be exposure of their listings outside the site. For every new buyer that signs up to purchase something then eBid is on their destination list as a place to buy in the future. You can't make eBid a destination site for a buyer unless there is something they are willing to buy.

Sellers have to continually step up their game (myself included) - to ensure that those who are searching can find their items.

Every time I get a newbie sale where they have found my listing via keywords it makes everything worthwhile and I have a good opportunity for return custom. It doesn't matter what they buy, whether it is one of my items that costs 60p or £48.00 - it matters that they have signed up - I have had both those amounts from newbies this week and I am happy to add those buyers to my customer base and also hope they find other items from other sellers to enhance their eBid experience.

Listing = keywords, competitive price and quality of listing = exposure = buyer = eBid as a destination site for that buyer.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Listing = keywords, competitive price and quality of listing = exposure = buyer = eBid as a destination site for that buyer.
    That's a great phrase Deano!

You (we) need to use it in many other threads.

Thread Information