eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silvertraders topics ( Google shopping and our world wide coverage on it ?)

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Silvertraders topics ( Google shopping and our world wide coverage on it ?)

Hallo guys,
    I should have uploaded this much earlier and did post some of it in other threads which are now long forgotten.
    Sadly I’ve been a little busy but feel this might still be useful information so I am going ahead with posting it regardless.
    Here’s the link back to my main investigation thread in case you’re bored

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...83#post1536983

Basically I noticed that even though i am selling worldwide my adds were only showing up on the UK Google shopping site and wondered WHY ?

My first message to Google:

On 02/06/13 18:45:15 >>>>>>>>>>>@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    Dear sir/madam,
    I have a question regarding my Google shopping exemption?
    I have recently noticed that my adds are showing up on Google shopping UK but none of them are showing up on Google shopping .au or .com
    Even though I am selling to these country's can you help me understand why ?
    I might have ticked that my main country of business is the Uk when applying for my exemption! Is this the reason?
    If so can I please change my potential customer base to worldwide please?
    If this is not the reason can you inform me what is?
    Sincerely Martin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google sent a very informative response back:

googlebase-support@google.com (googlebase-support@google.com)
    03/06/2013
    To: >>>>>>>>>>>>@hotmail.co.uk
    Hello Martin,
    Thank you for your email.
    Account level exemptions from the unique product identifiers requirement won’t be supported after July 15th, 2013 for the US, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and September 16th, 2013 for all other target countries.
    If you currently have an account level exemption from the unique identifier requirement, you will need to start including the ‘identifier exists’ attribute with a value of FALSE for all items where no identifier exists before the deadlines listed below. By doing so, you’ll avoid any disruption to your items once account exemptions are retired.
    Once enforcement starts on July 15th, 2013 for the US, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and September 16th, 2013 for all other target countries, items missing unique product identifiers or without the ‘identifier exists’ attribute with a value of FALSE might then be disapproved and disappear from Google Shopping.
    Important: If an identifier exists for the item, it is important to add the correct identifier to your feed rather than using the ‘identifier exists’ attribute in order for us to correctly match your items to our product pages. Including the ‘identifier exists’ attribute with a value of false for items that have unique product identifiers could lead to account suspension.
    For more information about the unique identifier requirement, please visit http://www.google.com/support/mercha...?answer=160161
    Additionally, I see that you have not uploaded any product listings for target country Australia or United States. if you wish to promote your products to any other target country, you will have to submit your products for the same.
    Sincerely,
    Abhijeet
    the Google Shopping Team

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked for a little more clarification and sent this:

Martin
    03/06/2013
    To: googlebase-support@google.com
    Dear Abhijeet,
    I have listed all my products for sale in Europe America and Australia!
    When you say I have not uploaded any product listings for target country's Australia or United States and that i will have to submit my products for the same.
    Am I correct in my understanding that as an Ebid seller and as Ebid uploads my adds to Google that they would have to upload my adds to the American and Australian sites?
    Please confirm or give me information on how to do this!
    Sincerely Martin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this response:

googlebase-support@google.com (googlebase-support@google.com)
    04/06/2013
    To: >>>>>>>>>>>>@hotmail.co.uk
    Hello Martin,
    Thank you for your email.
    I appreciate your concern. Please know that as of now you are uploading products for United Kingdom only. If you wish to promote your products in other countries, you will need to get in touch with your marketplace to submit your listings.
    Sincerely,
    Abhijeet
    the Google Shopping Team
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 22nd June 2013 at 05:37 AM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Silvertraders topics ( Google shopping and our world wide coverage on it ?)

Naturally i then messaged ebid support:

Dear support,
    I have had an email exchange with Google shopping
    regarding my adds only showing up on the uk Google shopping site and
    why they are not showing up for sale in America or elsewhere. I'm not
    sure if you know about this or if this is normal!
    But it would appear to me that if ebid is now having to pay for Google shopping then we
    should have our adds uploaded in the country's which we are
    targeting just like ebay has! And not just our current location /
    country. Can you clarify why this is happening?
    Sincerely Martin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received this:

Hi Martin,

eBid listings are uploaded to the Google Shopping site that you are located in.
    we will be investigating the possibilities of showing on other Google Shopping sites in the near future.

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013, >>>>>>>>>>>@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    Zero Auction Fees for Life. eBid Seller+ Lifetime 49.49 down from 74.99
    email

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naturally some of this has already been covered since, little bits in one thread and little bits in another
    But I feel due to the fact that so many sellers make their sales through Google shopping that i would make this specific thread:
    Especially now as Ebid has to pay Google shopping to have our adds listed it seems obvious to me that it should be used to its fullest potential !
    Not only would we get more sales due to a bigger coverage ( for those of us willing to sell abroad ) but also it seems clear to me that anyone searching through Google shopping would see more ebid sellers in the search results and would therefore be more likely to open an account with ebid and help build up the community.
    Lets hope ebid considers this option soon and does this as they say in the near future!
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 5th November 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Silvertraders topics ( Google shopping and our world wide coverage on it ?)

Excellent posts. Well put.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very interesting and informative!! I thought our listings were 'googleized' in whatever country we had them available to......? Guess not. I agree with Cheaver.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Very interesting and informative!! I thought our listings were 'googleized' in whatever country we had them available to......? Guess not. I agree with Cheaver.
    So did I.

So how what can sellers who sell vintage or antiques do to get their items out there once the exemptions option as gone?

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    So did I.

So how what can sellers who sell vintage or antiques do to get their items out there once the exemptions option as gone?
    Still awaiting Support info on this.....

see link to previous Mommabearsplace thread :

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1538538

I am also of the opinion that Google has already started its "cull" - google analytics has shown a remarkable fall in views to my items this last week to 10 days or so.... something others have noticed with theirs too...

I hope Support read this thread & get the Exemption info to us soon as promised ~ and also the eBid Help page on this matter updated....

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Still awaiting Support info on this.....

see link to previous Mommabearsplace thread :

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...=1#post1538538

I am also of the opinion that Google has already started its "cull" - google analytics has shown a remarkable fall in views to my items this last week to 10 days or so.... something others have noticed with theirs too...

I hope Support read this thread & get the Exemption info to us soon as promised ~ and also the eBid Help page on this matter updated....

Do you think support will read this thread??
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can hope I suppose, Ma'am....... (and also share the info on this thread with Silvertrader who might consider it worthy of adding to his pursuits with Support)

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Share away Cheaver mate
    I don't really consider it my thread, so post what you like matey

Several months ago I got the notice from Google on the changes they are planning to do. If you plan to use Google for future shopping it might be wise to set up a Merchant Account with them. It's free to start off with. You'll get the newest information about what is expected to do your selling on Google Shopping.

Thread Information