eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I would like to see

Forum Lurker
    View titanicmom4's Feedback (+51)
    All-About titanicmom4
    View titanicmom4's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I would like to see some sales from my store????

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Tony, I'd split your stuff into two stores so one of them was obviously fishing. I'm afraid 188 items isn't enough to give you much chance of selling on eBid right now. I didn't start getting regular sales until I had rather more like 1000 items listed. It probably isn't worth the effort, but it amuses me.
    Madelaine is correct on the number of auctions needed to generate the sales you/we want. In years past and on other venues 100 or so was enough t make a decent weeks pay but I have looked around at the sellers that consistently get sales (both those who post in the forums and those who do not) and the one thing they have in common is they all have 1000 or more items across different stores. As well as the always mentioned keywords and such. I'm sorry but in order to get more sales we are just going to have to do more work. It is the same as if you are having a yardsale, do people stop at sales with only one table with a few things on it? or do they stop at a big sprawling yard with many items on many tables? I know which ones I stop at.

Quote Originally Posted by titanicmom4 View Post
    Madelaine is correct on the number of auctions needed to generate the sales you/we want. In years past and on other venues 100 or so was enough t make a decent weeks pay but I have looked around at the sellers that consistently get sales (both those who post in the forums and those who do not) and the one thing they have in common is they all have 1000 or more items across different stores. As well as the always mentioned keywords and such. I'm sorry but in order to get more sales we are just going to have to do more work. It is the same as if you are having a yardsale, do people stop at sales with only one table with a few things on it? or do they stop at a big sprawling yard with many items on many tables? I know which ones I stop at.
    It is true that the more you list the more you will sell, but you could also list the one item and sell it. If you can list more I would strongly recommend it. Every listing is a chance to get a buyer to find your items. But whether you have one listing or ten thousand the most important thing is getting them right. Starting with keywords in the title but also including images, descriptions and price.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

The way to achieving sales over here is fully exploit Google....not just Google Shopping but Google search and images. Of course carrying a large collection of listings, with the proviso that they appear on Google is the only real way to attract attention.
    Could the problem be that sellers who carry only a small handful of listings are the ones who do not realise the relevance of Google and keywords?

I'm afraid that for too many new sellers a relearning process is needed in the art of listing correctly.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    The way to achieving sales over here is fully exploit Google....not just Google Shopping but Google search and images. Of course carrying a large collection of listings, with the proviso that they appear on Google is the only real way to attract attention.
    Could the problem be that sellers who carry only a small handful of listings are the ones who do not realise the relevance of Google and keywords?

I'm afraid that for too many new sellers a relearning process is needed in the art of listing correctly.
    Astral as some good tips concerning selling on ebid in the link below

eBid Knowledge Base

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Forum Lurker
    All-About titanicmom4
    Forum Posts

kreative and cerealmunkee are also correct with the keywords and DESCRIPTIONS. I dont know why a lot of sellers are so lazy as to not describe their items in the least. This has been going on for years all over the net and to be honest I don't know why but I am still shocked when I see an item I am interested in then go to view the description and all the seller has bothered to say is "good condition" then the usual "rules" for dealing with them. I do not buy from someone who can't be bothered to describe their item. Decribe it as much as you can. I try to describe most of my items as if there is no picture with the auction. I also try to put myself in a buyers position and think what kind of questions someone might ask about the item and put those answers in the description. This will help with answering questions about it everyday, that is if the potential buyer even bothers to ask, most will just move on to a seller/item with a full description rather than send a question and wait for an answer. Upon speaking with some sellers whom I know personally and who in my opinion do not describe their items enough, they have told me their reason is it takes too much time and "the people looking for this stuff will know what it is" Really?! first of all if you have not described your item fully or used enough and the proper keywords in your title not only will they not know what it is but they may never happen upon your auction whether they were looking for it or not. Secondly, I myself dont want to sell exclusively to people who know what they want, I want impulse buyers and browsers and people who may just be getting their feet wet in a new hobby or collection and these people will feel a bit more confident in their potential purchase if the item is described for them. Not to mention find it via correct keywords.

In reguards to OP I have not looked at your items at all so please forgive me if you already do this but from reading the other posts it seems you do not so here is a scenario to help with your descriptions for a novice fisherman/lady: I enjoy fishing but am very busy and rarely get the time to. Because of this I do not own my own fishing equipment; rod, reel, tackle etc. and borrow whomever's I am going with, however I would like to purchase some for myself and have no idea where to start so I do a search for fishing things. When I happen upon some stuff that looks interesting some of the things I would like to know are is this item for fresh water fish or salt water. bottom feeders or game fish, trout, basss, tuna etc. Does the reel come with the rod? is it already attached? what kind of line should I be looking for for the kind of fishing I want to do. etc etc etc. No you cannot know what kind of fishing your buyers want to do but you can tell them what kind of fishing your particular item is good for. LIke I said I have not as of yet checked out your auctions so if you alrady do this I apologize but just wanted to give you an example.

well must be heading off to work sorry so long winded enjoy your day everyone and hopefully we all make some sales

Quote Originally Posted by titanicmom4 View Post
    kreative and cerealmunkee are also correct with the keywords and DESCRIPTIONS. I dont know why a lot of sellers are so lazy as to not describe their items in the least. This has been going on for years all over the net and to be honest I don't know why but I am still shocked when I see an item I am interested in then go to view the description and all the seller has bothered to say is "good condition" then the usual "rules" for dealing with them. I do not buy from someone who can't be bothered to describe their item. Describe it as much as you can. I try to describe most of my items as if there is no picture with the auction. I also try to put myself in a buyers position and think what kind of questions someone might ask about the item and put those answers in the description.
    That is an extremely good and sensible way to list.

Forum Lurker
    All-About titanicmom4
    Forum Posts

thanks Dean

I think that it was Dennis who said this on these boards ... Something along this line, but I can't remember the direct quote.

Write the description as if there are no photographs and take photographs as if there is no description.

I thought he gave very good advice.

:-)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I would like to see

Think I remember that seller. They broke every sacred cow rule, but sold well anyway. Even used RUS, & still sold. It just did not seem to be enough for them. I think they would know the sales level they need.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I would like to see

Agree Dzambo. I need to list more, and particularly hot item(s) cheaply. Only problem is the cash flow needed to fuel buying power.

Thread Information