Thread: E-bid, not ebay

Forum Newbie
    View teecell's Feedback (+495)
    All-About teecell
    View teecell's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: E-bid, not ebay

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Well...i have had a quick look at your listings....and taking the Camera that you've listed for example....take a look at the title, you have it listed as a "Voiglander", i'm sure that you know that it is in fact a "Voigtlander".
    Don't overlook keywords, eg...."Voigtlander Vito BL 35mm vintage slr camera".
    Worthy call on the spelling. I sold exactly a BL on that site some time back assuring to get the name straight (simply for its uniqueness), and, when surfing for listings for my own purchase, always bracket the spelling (as you might exposures with same camera) a letter or two at a time. I once got from craigs a nice little Cadillac with a name that defies folks' memories, simply for its weirdness of spelling to them having put it into its own little corner of low traffic.

On that note, there are applications available online to afford you the chance to scan listings inclusive of typos, these often getting little attention by the set who are spelling the names correctly (or my rubber keyboard dropping the letters as well). A quick search online will return some of these apps. But for listing, the spelling is imperative. I've sold to Korea and Hong Kong I think based in part upon a foreigner's caution to spell the names, etc, while we know the dynamic and can adjust in our own markets.

I first just now noticed the pile of goodness mentioned to post on that other site. It is indeed unfortunate that organizations become institutions too big and unwieldy to be effective at responding to their constituents. This was my fear for my California when ebay's progenitrix wanted governorship, regardless of her having sold the business. Already the State's employment service online has become a mass of duplicate and labyrinthine links to nowhere instead of the original 4 that did something Compare to the bay's "standard" and "basic" photo uploaders... (I await "average", "run-o-mill", "nothing special", "usual"... you get it.) The ebay model, if played to what it's becoming in real time, would only make a bloated mass of that which you might see a pile of...
    and still not respond to your constant corrections.

Having jumped squarely into the miasma of some emotionally charged fee debate on the other one lately, I can appreciate and commend cereal's lucid, actually helpful research, and edification of those questioning the process (including myself). THAT is the spirit I have hoped to find. That much energy is expended on the other site to cut detractors down; here it's useful to help others up.

Thank you cereal.

Thread Information