Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E-bid, not ebay

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View andyrg66's Feedback (+1)
    All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: E-bid, not ebay

Hi thanks for advise - I am now seller + lifetime seems silly not to with the reduction and current deal. also signed up for the affiliate scheme.

to make the changes to my listings should I
    1. Edit the current ones
    or
    2. remove the listings and re-add them.

I only have watchers but no bids
    Cheers
    Andy

All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, it allowed me to edit existing listing, have edited camera with your suggestions but could not find where to enter the reject price under make an offer

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andyrg66 View Post
    Hi, it allowed me to edit existing listing, have edited camera with your suggestions but could not find where to enter the reject price under make an offer
    in section 3 check allow buyers to Make an Offer (arrowed) then click the automate the additional dialog will then become visable. If you want control don't click automate, you will get an email with the offer which you can then accept/reject

Name:  offer.png
Views: 139
Size:  11.1 KB
    Last edited by sherlock07; 13th June 2013 at 09:22 AM.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes Andy as Sherlock points out this is how you can set a fixed price, but still very usefully allow potential buyers to make a sensible offer. Personally in the case of the vintage and collectible camera, i would leave the "auto accept" and "auto decline" boxes clear, as by checking these and entering a specific value you will be unable to make counter offers, which unfortunately could cost you a sale.

So....you decided to take the plunge and pay for the seller + lifetime deal?.....so.... from this i now assume that you have many items to list.

Along with everyone else here i really want to see you realise a return on this outlay and, what worked for me at an early stage was understanding that creating listings that are Google friendly are at the centre of selling on Ebid.
    Forget what you have seen on Ebay....this is my first advice, as i have learnt that most Ebay listings are not a reliable indicator regarding how to best go about this.

So....Remember that strong keywords are central to attracting viewers to your listings....avoid using caps and punctuation marks, double check your spelling and item details (I've made some real howlers).

For example in the case of your camera, the full makers name, model number, format, era.....then at the upper half of the Gallery listing form you will see that there are boxes for manufacturers name and part/model number/barcode....always ensure that his information is entered.
    The third piece of information is that you need to offer a Buy it now price.

From here you're good to go as far as Google are concerned, and within 48 hours you will see your listings appear on Google/shopping/images.

Keep searching for your listings on Google and see what you like don't like about them and keep on fine tuning them....compare your pricing v condition.

Now you've got the seller + deal, make the best use of it, don't forget that you can use 5 photos for free, in the case of many items this is a great selling aid.
    The rest i'm sure that you know.....sell internationally, don't overcharge for shipping, package well etc.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

I have taken another look at your listings and the first thing that caused me to raise my eyebrows was that you have decided that your efforts would be wisely used by choosing to list with the auction format.
    I would advise that you do not do this ....here is why. When you use the auction format your listings are only viewable within Ebid....no one outside of this site will know that you have these listings and that they are active.
    Do you recall, that almost all sales are created via Google?....unfortunately, no one who is using Google will see your listings.

So.....don't rely on auctions on Ebid....this site is essentially used for fixed price listings.

also, i'm pleased to see that you have started to sell overseas ....or at least to Europe, my question is , what has the rest of the world done to you to not meet with your approval?.
    Selling outside of the EU is as easy as selling within it , the only difference is that you need to affix a customs form to your package....usually a white CN 22 in the case of most items and a green one for high value packages....most of yours will be the CN 22 type.

I have sold as much outside the EU across other sites and some here, so i advise think seriously about this. Take your die cast models for example, these will in my experience sell to Australia, at least this is where i have sent many to....many are not available in certain countries and are therefore desirable to them.

You Scalextric set.....is it collection only or is it postable?
    I advise that you research the competed listings on Ebay for similar things, and offer a BIN price, find the original Scalextric part number and enter this information on the Gallery listing form, and from her it will appear on Google.
    From here you can a postage option....by all means offer to send via Royal mail and quote the cost, also quote the collectplus and myhermes cost also, so buyers can decide which carrier to use.
    I will be adding these carriers as an option in my listings soon.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Here's another one.....i still can't see your Voigtlander Vito Camera on Google......Go back to the listing form via opening your listing and clicking "Edit".
    Take a look at the upper part of the listing form and check that you have entered Manufacturers part number/Barcode, and also that you have entered manufacturers name....you have a buy it now price, so you should have been visible on Google if this information was present.
    It will take around 48 hours to see a listing appear on Google after submitting.

All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    thanks for all the help

I have edited my listing added photos, and set up my business account,
    is mentioning a second account on a forum ok or is it the same as adding a website to a listing?

updated comments on my revised listings would be appreciated - so would a sale.

my next items to list are 60 Lp's if I do each on individually is there an option for a buyer to select them all so that they could be sent as one item at a different /more economical shipping fee?

or would it be a Q&A negotiation with they buyer?

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

There's nothing wrong with mentioning your other account here Andy, so long as you're not plugging any competing sites then all is fine.

As for your listings....here goes, you will unlikely find that these materialise into a sale until you address certain points. Mainly that you will find no luck when relying on an auction format, put simply you need to trade here using fixed price listings.
    I know that the name of the site is Ebid and this could lead the unsuspecting to assume that here it is in order to run auctions....but it isn't.

In fact the site has recently changed the name of the "After auction log", to the now more relevant and up to date "After sale log"....this reflects more accurately the manner in which sales are concluded.

Concerning your Records, and the question that you ask....the answer is no, but if a buyer were to purchase all of them, then at this point you could send a revised final invoice showing the total amount for the items and the shipping charge.

f you want to at first try and sell these using the auction format then you've nothing to lose other than time....if on the other hand you would prefer to list them in the most effective way then fixed price is the way to go....but ultimately it is your call.

Thank You for such useful information. I have mine on BID and BIN. Is that ok as well? Does it need to be only BIN?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    Thank You for such useful information. I have mine on BID and BIN. Is that ok as well? Does it need to be only BIN?
    No it does not have to be just BIN - the BIN option is a requirement by Google Shopping to be uploaded to their search engines. So, you can offer both options on your listings.

Thread Information