Thread: E-bid, not ebay

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View andyrg66's Feedback (+1)
    All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default E-bid, not ebay

Hi all,
    I have just switched to bid and I'm glade I did.

Its cheaper, a cleaner looking site than ebay and can cope with the fact that uses may actually want multiple accounts registered at the same address and not always accessed from the same machine or country. somehow this managed to confused ebay so they have suspended all the accounts at the address.

I think I will make a banner for my website "e-bid not ebay" with to links e-bid will go here, the ebay link will display a pile of manure.

Happy I switched, its a shame ebay had engrained itself in everyone's minds!!!!! , I will be telling everyone I know to switch.

Cheers
    Happy Bidding

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: E-bid, not ebay

Hi Andy, welcome to eBid and the Forum. Every site is unique in its own right so it pays off to take time to find how it works best for you.
    It's a good idea to start bidding at a price you will be happy to accept. If you have make & model numbers fill in the item specifics on your listing form ~ Brand & Model No etc ~ then your items (with BIN prices) will be uploaded to google shopping. (see link)

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

Another useful link to tips etc for New Users is here:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...%27s+New+Users

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nice to see someone new has discovered Ebid....there are a number of ex Ebay and current Ebay sellers coming here and in the main this is a good site....but please try to avoid making the common mistakes that most Ebay inspired sellers seem to make over here and that is to ensure that your listings contain effective keywords and remember that Google is so important to us over here, when you take a look at the listing page ensure that you use the platinum listing option, here you'll see that you can include makers part numbers /barcodes etc, from here include makers name and a buy it now price and your listings will be uploaded to Google shopping/search/images.
    Astral has a useful page where you can see some great selling tips, so this will assist you to become familiar with Ebid.
    It is unfortunate that you appear to be prevented from using Ebay as i have found that it is a useful selling venue to bring buyers to Ebid.

All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

my family had 4 accounts with ebay all have been suspended and the will not unsuspended them until I follow the procedures , which I have done to no effect, they wont tell me what or were the problems is so a cant correct it so hopefuly soon ebay will go bust or be bought out by someone who knows what they are doing

Welcome Andy. I like your banner thought. "e-bid not ebay". Happy sales to you.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Ebay will not go bust and there is little chance that anyone will buy them out.

Concerning your account which has been suspended then it may be likely that one of the users registered to your address has fallen foul of the sites t&c's, but submitting the relevant information will usually amend matters....if not then then it may be most likely that one account has picked up enough low dsr ratings to suffer selling restriction.
    If you are barred from buying as well rhen this will be a security related problem and all that you can do is to continue trying to resolve this.

However.....i would use your efforts to create some effective listings here and keep fine tuning until you understand the workings of the site....best of luck.

All-About andyrg66
    View andyrg66's Listings
    Forum Posts

all three accounts where hardly ever used it was the first time we had ever tried to use one of then to sell anything, and all the balances were paid and paypal is fine - but they can give details for security reasons and without details I can sort the problem!!!!!

testing at the moment selling 3 things will see how they go and what additional details I should add to make them better.

ebay is dead, as far as I am concerned just want then to remove my registered information and accounts

1 months seller plus on e-bid is cheaper than the lsting fees I paid on 1 ebay item

Cheers
    A

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Well...i have had a quick look at your listings....and taking the Camera that you've listed for example....take a look at the title, you have it listed as a "Voiglander", i'm sure that you know that it is in fact a "Voigtlander".
    Don't overlook keywords, eg...."Voigtlander Vito BL 35mm vintage slr camera". personally i would not list using a buy it now price and an auction start price, as this will get in the way of a Google upload.
    Instead i would use a fixed price option with a make an offer function and enter the reject under your notional auction start price. If a buyer makes an offer it will in all likelihood be somewhat greater than the start price that you are willing to let the item sell for.

Also i would advise you not to subscribe as a seller+ on a weekly basis, as the costs will mount up. Instead if you have many items to list you will obtain better value for money by paying £49.49 to become a seller+ lifetime member...this price is available within 24 hours of joining or upgrading your current status.

If you only have a few items to list then i would point you towards the "platinum" listing option which offers you almost similar benefits as the seller + subscription minus the 5 photos and stores etc....also you have as as eller the chance to use 5 photos and for a collectible item such as the Camera this is useful.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent advice given so far.

Well hello and welcome to eBid. May all your dealings here be a pleasant one.

Thread Information