Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know what this site ain't bad

Default You know what this site ain't bad

Been away for some time looking after grandson, but now out and about looking to sell on internet. Sooooo these last couple of weeks have been seriously looking and reading on forums abut the sites available to me here in Oz. You know what my conclusions were. EBID. Looking at it as a newbie (which I am not) on the three sites I am registered with) Ebid stands out. The international one which stands out and charges like a wounded elephant is now a no go for me. No way could I afford the fees for a monthly store. Yikes the monthly costs are the same cost as a lifetime on here and you get 5 stores here to boot. The other is an Australian site which try as it may it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. And why? because whilst it sells worldwide it only has members that can sell from Australia and New Zealand. So that in itself to me restricts its growth. So what is left. EBID. Everything that I need.- International sites (like the wounded elephant) and best of all the warmth and enthusiasm of the tried and trusted members who have been here from the beginning and have faith in this site. Only been back for a couple of days but boy have I been helped with a few problems. Thanks you guys you are great. Now I know this is not going to be easy.starting from scratch again but going to give it my heart and soul and going to give it my all. I feel like I have come home. .
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: You know what this site ain't bad

Good sentiments, I hope there are enough Australian buyer members on ebid for you.

The cost of shipping from Australia and New Zealand to the USA or UK (the big markets) is horrendous.

So glad you are still here Juliebabe. Seriously thinking about those items you have for sale. Now some of my grandkids have grown up I think they will need them as they are ON the computer all the time and spills are sooooo destructive on the keyboard !!!! Cannot believe the cost of postage Aust Post are charging (and that is within Australia lol) 170grams cost me over $6 the other day. Could have sent it by courier for $6.00
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

As you say, eBid is the one to go for, well in my humble opinion it is. It might be tougher to get the sales, and remember if you are struggling just pop into the forums and the good folk in here will spot any glaring errors in your listings. But when you make a sale you can actually make a profit on it. Woke up myself to a £50 sale. Fees here £1, on eBay they would have been £5, and that is without the listing and store fees on top.

For anybody else thinking about eBid, give it a try. Sales are growing and if you put in the effort you can join in with that growth. You profit, eBid profits, and another small nail is put into the eBay coffin.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well said - any queries, just ask

Welcome aboard!

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome aboard Momma bear.

"Charges like an elephant" I love that quote!

The thing to deal with now are the shippers following RMs lead and trying to get a bigger slice of the shipping Pie!

Maybe we should all get together as a consumer group and cut a better deal for us all;
    Something similar to what consumer groups here do for electric and gas supplies.

Just a thought.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post

For anybody else thinking about eBid, give it a try. Sales are growing and if you put in the effort you can join in with that growth. You profit, eBid profits, and another small nail is put into the eBay coffin.
    So true and ideal for an email signature + link

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Welcome aboard Momma bear.

"Charges like an elephant" I love that quote!

The thing to deal with now are the shippers following RMs lead and trying to get a bigger slice of the shipping Pie!

Maybe we should all get together as a consumer group and cut a better deal for us all;
    Something similar to what consumer groups here do for electric and gas supplies.

Just a thought.
    I have often thought that with the increasing numbers on eBid that there should be some way of getting 'group discounts' or something. After all companies like Parcel2Go get discounts from them, so why not hundreds (thousands) of regular users. Might fire off a quick eMail and see what their response is.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I have often thought that with the increasing numbers on eBid that there should be some way of getting 'group discounts' or something. After all companies like Parcel2Go get discounts from them, so why not hundreds (thousands) of regular users. Might fire off a quick eMail and see what their response is.

Best copy in 'Da Boys' to that email to get their views on this.

Maybe they could add a logo along the lines "Sponsored by My Hermes or whoever'

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

The Chinese have very good postage rates to the UK and the USA.

Do they use cheaper aviation fuel or cheaper airplanes ?

Postage costs are killing online sales.

Thread Information