Thread: ignorant assumptions

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ignorant assumptions

no guys what i am saying is this
    my adds are on google shopping uk but if i go to google shopping .com or any othe like au then my adds do not show up
    so they only show up on the uk version, i did abit more testing if you go to google shoppng.com and look for half crowns for example your find 4 ebid sellers all of them based in the us,so no uk sellers are listed even if they are selling worldwide

in contrast uk sellers from ebay are listed on google shopping .com and american sellers on ebay are also showing up on the google shopping uk site version

so my question is wtf ??

basically if any Americans are looking for half crowns on Google shopping .com for example our uk seller ads are not there!!
    even though i am advertised as selling to the US as well
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 2nd June 2013 at 10:20 PM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Unless I read it incorrectly it does appear that our listings do get front stage listings, this is a screen capture from my stats, that appears to say that the view came from a paid listing on google.

Attachment 39934

I did not pay for it
    Your stats show you when and where your visits come from. Do you use Google Analytical? I like that one.

Oh yea I see some listings. Type in my user name and you'll see my sites and more on the 1st page. But take an item any item you sell. Do not use ebid for any part of that phrase in the search. Make sure your previous cookies for searches are cleared. I used your "Sporting Companions Labrador Plate by Franklin Mint Painted by Nigel Hemmings". Typed in as show. The first 5 Google Search pages, nothing. Under Google Shopping, only one item, but unfortunately it wasn't yours.

Typing in our names and the sites we're at narrows the search engines queries. But to get on the front page using nothing more that keywords and being in front, you either have to get mega hits all day and nite or pay for the spot. Just a fact about the net these days

You're not paying to be seen. eBid is paying if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    no guys what i am saying is this
    my adds are on google shopping uk but if i go to google shopping .com or any othe like au then my adds do not show up
    so they only show up on the uk version, i did abit more testing if you go to google shoppng.com and look for half crowns for example your find 4 ebid sellers all of them based in the us,so no uk sellers are listed even if they are selling worldwide

in contrast uk sellers from ebay are listed on google shopping .com and american sellers on ebay are also showing up on the google shopping uk site version

so my question is wtf ??

basically if any Americans are looking for half crowns on Google shopping .com for example our uk seller ads are not there!!
    even though i am advertised as selling to the US as well
    Did you check out your advance search settings to see if you can search worldwide and not just in your region or language?

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

no and to be honest i'm not sure what you mean
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&t....1.LSJgiVHR5Vo

have a look this is Google shopping .com you wont see any of my adds or any other uk sellers on it

or if you are selling your coin to the uk have a look at the google shopping uk site and see if you can find them ?

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping

i bet you cant !

but somehow this does not seem to be the case with the ebay adds !

no and to be honest i'm not sure what you mean
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&t....1.LSJgiVHR5Vo

have a look this is Google shopping .com you wont see any of my adds or any other uk sellers on it

or if you are selling your coin to the uk have a look at the google shopping uk site and see if you can find them ?

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping

i bet you cant !

but somehow this does not seem to be the case with the ebay adds !
    I understand what your saying. I checked and didn't see you. But did see a couple of USA sellers.

There are changes with Google Shopping in the future. When I go to my Google Merchant account I see this!

We have announced changes to the Google Shopping feed specification. For accounts that are currently exempted from requiring unique product identifiers, Google Shopping will start enforcing these new requirements for unique product identifiers on July 15th, 2013 in the US, and September 16th, 2013 in all other target countries. Enforcement for all other accounts will start July 15th, 2013 for the US, France, Germany and the United Kingdom, and September 16th, 2013 for all other target countries. Non-compliant items might then be disapproved and disappear from Google Shopping. Account level exemptions for unique product identifiers won't be supported after the above mentioned dates – the 'identifier exists' attribute should be used instead. Learn more

They notified me a while ago. They're are making their changes. Use to be so easy to list on Shopping. I deal with this later.

It's due to exposure and hits. The more you get the more likely you will be found quicker with the search engines. And eBay is a big player so they probably just go with the exposure than pay per clicks.

And it is rumored that Google is gearing up to go against Amazon, eBay, eBid, and the rest by setting up their own eCommerce full sale and auction site.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

but heres the thing if i look on the google shopping uk site my adds are right up there!
    and on google it does seem to work on the basis of time left untill end of auction not views or hits
    i see your link but this should not effect this
    basically its localized ebid adds to the country that you are in regardless of whether your willing to sell abroad
    this cant be right can it ?

from what i understand google are simply starting to charge ebid ebay and amazon for posting its adds

but heres the thing if i look on the google shopping uk site my adds are right up there!
    and on google it does seem to work on the basis of time left untill end of auction not views or hits
    i see your link but this should not effect this
    basically its localized ebid adds to the country that you are in regardless of whether your willing to sell abroad
    this cant be right can it ?

from what i understand google are simply starting to charge ebid ebay and amazon for posting its adds
    Your right. Google is pushing the envelope. Yahoo is trying to make a comeback. Facebook wants a piece of the ad game. These entities are going to fight it out, but Google has the reach advantage.

Google wants to sells ads and make the cash in future product sales. Having their cake and eating it too!

But Google also wants you to pay for their shopping page and summit to their new policies.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

well i fired off an email to google support earlier asking about this
    i'll see what they say
    and then maybe fire off one to ebid support, maybe they dont know that were not getting international coverage
    you never know
    i see 1958 nickel half crowns selling in america for $15 to $20 while I'm selling silver half crowns For £6 to £8 even with postage i should be getting offers, thats $12.15
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 2nd June 2013 at 11:10 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Your right. Google is pushing the envelope. Yahoo is trying to make a comeback. Facebook wants a piece of the ad game. These entities are going to fight it out, but Google has the reach advantage.

Google wants to sells ads and make the cash in future product sales. Having their cake and eating it too!
    I hope they are not bringing this to the UK site: https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...ed=0CGEQwBMwAA

At least (for now) on the UK site your competitors items are not put up against your own.

Thread Information